US Airways Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

The process started with an online application. A few weeks later I was notified to do an online interview. It was a video and only took about 7 mins. the questions were your average interview questions. A couple months later, I was asked to come to Dallas for face to face interview.....I'm sitting in Dallas now waiting for the interview.....

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Filled out a very long application which included a 10 year work history. 1 week later recieved an email for me to have a phone interview. I was asked about 5 questions in the STAR format. I am typically really nervous about these type of interviews. I dont like them at all. Honestly cant remember too much of what was asked or what I said but it was good enough to move forward with the FTF interview. Which isn't until the end of January.

Interview Questions
    • What is your current position and why do you want to leave?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

I was contacted a few weeks after applying and flown to Dallas for an interview. The interview itself was really fun! It was a group interview, maybe about 20 people. It was a lot of socializing and a few exercises, nothing difficult! Later on, we split into small groups of 4 and answered 3 questions in front of two recruiters. Afterwards, they explained the position in further detail and asked if we had any questions. They then told us we would know if we got the position or not within 2 weeks. I've read on here before that usually the last couple people left in the room were given an offer. However, I was the last candidate in the room and was not given an offer. I met all of the other candidates outside and none of them had been pulled aside for an offer. It has now been over a month and half and I have still not received word on the position.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

On the internet i saw that us airways is in need of flight attendants, so i applied and 8 days later i was invited to do the online interview. The email told me that i had 5 days to complete the online interview. I ended up doing the interview on the last day available because i was just busy. I was a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect from the online interview. I prepared questions that i could be possibly asked and I'm glad i did because it came in handy. the first part of the online interview was you have to fill out some questions bases if you are eligible to work in the states and other questions like that. then the page loads and you have to set up your camera and your mic to make sure it works. After the set up it ask if you are ready to start the interview, and it lets you know that the question will be repeated twice and you have 30 sec to think about your answer then the recording will start automatically and you have up to 3 min for your answer. There was a total of 6 questions. the questions were the following. this is what i remember, its not word for word.
    What attracted you to flight attending position and what do you know about our corporation?
    What previous work in the customer service industry that can help you benefit to be hired as a flight attendant?
    name a time when you had outstanding customer service and what made it memorable?
    name one of the most difficult team experience and what you learned from it?
    being that us airways has multiple bases, if you were to be relocated to a new base, what excites you with moving to a new city immediately following training?
    Proffesional image is important, are you able to adhere to the policy if selected (i.e no piercing, visible tattoos, crazy hair)

So now i just have to wait and hear back from them.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

F2F:
    Dark blazer, non-tight skirt/pants, blouse, black heels, hair up, light makeup. Suit for men.

Group: W/ 4 or 5 other people, write a unique quality about yourself. Make it reflect your work ability! Smile, don’t be bossy, work with your team to get answers for the other groups. Bossy/overbearing people will not make the cut!

Different group: What made you apply for this position? Make it about desire to service guests, flexibility and that you have a warm, enthusiastic personality.

Be confident in your answers!

Us Airways Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Easy but had to wait for 2 week background check... You submit application and request for background check. Then you get drug tested and have to show that you can lift 70 pounds. After that I interviewed with a panel of 2 and was immedietly hired.

The salary and hours were pre-set by the company

Reservation Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in November 2014.

I applied for this position in August and received notification by email of an online interview opportunity. I did not take the interview then because I was trying to get another job. In mid-November, I received a phone call that indicated they were still interested in me and that I could take the online interview. It was only ten questions, mostly about customer service experience and specific examples of how I solved various customer service problems in the past. My ansered were recorded for later playback. I had a cold, so I sounded really bad.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to remember specific incidences of customer service problems, such as what I did when after realizing that I could not help the person or how I recommended other products than what was requested by customer.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied online.A few weeks later I got a email for invited recorded video interview.I could practice before I start.They asked 6 questions,they gave me little time to think then took video interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online Oct 8 and received invite for video interview Oct 21. I completed video 2 days later and now I am waiting for response. Interview was fair but can be a piece of cake if u brush up on yr behavioral questions. Sure hope i get called for f2f soon.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation with your team members, how you handled it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the time you received excellent customer service?

What would be exciting about moving to a new city?

Answer Question

Customer Service Manager (Shift Manager) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in October 2014.

Applied online and received an email several weeks later asking to schedule a phone interview. Received automated call for phone interview on predetermined day at pre determined time. Interview lasted about 40 minutes with a recruiter. Pretty standard questions all STAR based. Also went over work history and education again. Got the normal "I'll forward your info to a senior recruiter".

A couple weeks later I got a phone call (followed by email) informing me that they would like to fly me up to my assigned hub for a face to face. Flight/interview was set up for a week later. They provided flight for me out and back. Interview session was very professional but relaxing. It was with two Duty Managers (Senior Managers) one AW one BW (who would be my boss). STAR all the way. About 10 questions total, 5 each going back and forth. Then asked to give a brief overview of my resume and how each job makes me a good fit for this position. Shook hands and I was off to my gate. Whole thing about 45mins.

Got the call a week later asking for a final phone interview with a BW Director. 15mins no STAR very laid back and non scripted. People Scout called me a few days later offering the job.

I was offered top of scale due to experience, I don't think there is any negotiating. Relocation also offered.