US Airways Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

After filling out the online application a brief phone interview, I was invited to a large group interview. 60 or so applicants sat through a brief presentation and then where called back to another room for a one-on-one interview, lasting about 30 minutes. I was then told to expect to hear in two weeks if I was chosen for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are based on the STAR format. Situation, Action, Result.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in October of 2014 and missed the 1st online interview. Was then emailed again in January 2015 for the online video interview and completed it. Now in March 2015 I have been selected to fly to Dallas for a group interview and that is all so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked as team to achieve a common goal and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have not been offered a job yet

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

Interview

Nightmare. I applied for three different positions with US Airways; 2 being part time and 1 being full time. I had a phone interview roughly 2 weeks after applying for the full time position and was told I would be moving on to the 1-1 interview. As with mostly everyone else, I had to wait for an appointment to open up for me to have a 1-1 interview. 2 months have gone by and I have been assigned no appointment. I call in almost everyday asking if any appointments have opened up, and I always am told that US Airways would contact me if anything opens up. Late last week I went online to check my application status, and I noticed the full time position had been changed to a part time position. In addition, I noticed that this same position was put in the archive category. I got in contact with US Airways support and it turns out the position I was waiting to have a 1-1 interview for was no longer available. This makes me pretty upset due to the fact that every time I call in to check on any available appointments for an in person interview, I am told that I am still being considered and someone will be in touch with me. Also, when I was in contact with US Airways support, the statuses they had taken note of for two of my applications I submitted were different than the statuses I saw on my career profile. Clearly there is some form of miscommunication going on and I'm not even an employee. If they can't communicate well during the hiring process, then what in the world would it be like once you work there.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Interview

Applied in September. Was invited to do a video interview right away. These were mostly basic interview questions. There isn't someone actually interviewing you, you're basically just speaking into the camera. About a month later I was called for a face to face interview at their training center in Dallas, TX. I was flown out there about a month after that. When I arrived at the training center, a group of about twenty five people were taken into a room where we played a nice breaker and we're introduced to the people who would be interviewing us. The ice breaker was really used to show that we were capable of working together as a group. After that we were broken up into different groups of about five people and were taken back for a group interview. They asked us a total of five questions. Most of it was about our customer service experience and trying to find out what wee could bring to the table. After the group interview was over, we got back together to watch a presentation about the position and we're then taken back to fill out final paperwork. During this time we were then taken for one on one interviews. I was asked a few questions and was offered the position on the spot. I was really impressed with the facility, the interview process, and their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• If you could get involved with a community service organization in your area, what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

The process started with an online application. A few weeks later I was notified to do an online interview. It was a video and only took about 7 mins. the questions were your average interview questions. A couple months later, I was asked to come to Dallas for face to face interview.....I'm sitting in Dallas now waiting for the interview.....

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out a very long application which included a 10 year work history. 1 week later recieved an email for me to have a phone interview. I was asked about 5 questions in the STAR format. I am typically really nervous about these type of interviews. I dont like them at all. Honestly cant remember too much of what was asked or what I said but it was good enough to move forward with the FTF interview. Which isn't until the end of January.

Interview Questions

• What is your current position and why do you want to leave?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted a few weeks after applying and flown to Dallas for an interview. The interview itself was really fun! It was a group interview, maybe about 20 people. It was a lot of socializing and a few exercises, nothing difficult! Later on, we split into small groups of 4 and answered 3 questions in front of two recruiters. Afterwards, they explained the position in further detail and asked if we had any questions. They then told us we would know if we got the position or not within 2 weeks. I've read on here before that usually the last couple people left in the room were given an offer. However, I was the last candidate in the room and was not given an offer. I met all of the other candidates outside and none of them had been pulled aside for an offer. It has now been over a month and half and I have still not received word on the position.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

On the internet i saw that us airways is in need of flight attendants, so i applied and 8 days later i was invited to do the online interview. The email told me that i had 5 days to complete the online interview. I ended up doing the interview on the last day available because i was just busy. I was a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect from the online interview. I prepared questions that i could be possibly asked and I'm glad i did because it came in handy. the first part of the online interview was you have to fill out some questions bases if you are eligible to work in the states and other questions like that. then the page loads and you have to set up your camera and your mic to make sure it works. After the set up it ask if you are ready to start the interview, and it lets you know that the question will be repeated twice and you have 30 sec to think about your answer then the recording will start automatically and you have up to 3 min for your answer. There was a total of 6 questions. the questions were the following. this is what i remember, its not word for word.
    What attracted you to flight attending position and what do you know about our corporation?
    What previous work in the customer service industry that can help you benefit to be hired as a flight attendant?
    name a time when you had outstanding customer service and what made it memorable?
    name one of the most difficult team experience and what you learned from it?
    being that us airways has multiple bases, if you were to be relocated to a new base, what excites you with moving to a new city immediately following training?
    Proffesional image is important, are you able to adhere to the policy if selected (i.e no piercing, visible tattoos, crazy hair)

So now i just have to wait and hear back from them.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Interview

F2F:
    Dark blazer, non-tight skirt/pants, blouse, black heels, hair up, light makeup. Suit for men.

Group: W/ 4 or 5 other people, write a unique quality about yourself. Make it reflect your work ability! Smile, don’t be bossy, work with your team to get answers for the other groups. Bossy/overbearing people will not make the cut!

Different group: What made you apply for this position? Make it about desire to service guests, flexibility and that you have a warm, enthusiastic personality.

Be confident in your answers!

Us Airways Interview

Interview

Easy but had to wait for 2 week background check... You submit application and request for background check. Then you get drug tested and have to show that you can lift 70 pounds. After that I interviewed with a panel of 2 and was immedietly hired.

Negotiation

The salary and hours were pre-set by the company