US Airways Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

This will be my second time applying at the f2f interview for the flt position. The first time which was back in April I received an email with the video interview where they asked you about 6 questions and your past work experience.....why do you want to be a flt attendant? What precious work experience do you have in the customer service industry? Name a time you had excellent customer service and what made it memorable? Name a time you dealt with an irate customer and how did you turn it in to a positive? A few days after the video interview I received a call asking if I wanted to be flown out for a f2f HECK YES!!! One I arrived at the airport there was a shuttle that picked all of the candidate up and they took up to the recruiting center we checked in and we're given name tags...everyone was super friendly they took us in a room where we were introduced to some flt attendant reps it was really exciting but kind of nerve wrecking at the same time...to be in the room of about 60-70 people and about 10 us airway managers..etc standing all around the room. We watched a short video and then we stood up one by one to introduce ourselves..we had 1 minute to give 3 qualities of a flt attendant going in aphabetical order....I was first!! So I was completely nervous I started off good and then I froze and started rambling after that uugghhhhh!!!! After everyone was finished they put us in groups of 4 and we had to work together and put things in order of importance...scenario was the plane had crashed and we had to grab things we thought we needed well my group won and i was super excited we went to lunch and when we came back the rep thanked us all for coming and called out about 7 names and the rest of us took a shuttle back to the airport I must say it was an experience I just did t understand why so many of us were called in to interview and they only selected a hand full good thing is I've since applied again and are flying out to Dallas in the morning for ANOTHER f2f and i am a lot more prepared than I was!!! So wish me luck!!!!

Interview Questions

• Give 3 qualities of a flt attendant (you have 1 minute to answer) Or why do you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Customer Assistance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later I got an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well, I was asked 6 questions about my last 2 jobs and all questions focused on how I dealt with irate customer situations. At the end I was given an appointment for a face to face interview. At the face to face approximately 40 people were there mainly females. After a slide show detailing benefits requirements and training information, we were called individually it seemed the order was the time you signed in, I had a one on one with a nice lady questions were similar to phone interview some dealt with how you dealt with fellow employees. At the end i was given a job offer and taken to another room to do paper work for background check, drug test and w-9. I was told they would contact me in 2 weeks Did the Drug test the following day, got 3 calls from Hireright about information they needed, like school info since i went to college abroad. Exactly 2 weeks after interview I received an email with another job offer for same position (these are all conditional) which i accepted and now waiting for training information. I consider this process a 4 step process. Phone interview - F2F Interview - Background Screening - Training after you pass all of these you can sort of relax but you still have probation of 6 months

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a fellow employee who was not doing their work load and you had to carry them all the way by doing their share and your own?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation pay is $10.88

CSA- Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cameron, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Airways (Cameron, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Took roughly 5 minutes, maybe even 4. Very quick with the questions. I tried to make answers brief and to the point, but some required a little bit of explanation. Overall, I was pretty nervous, because I thought there would be more in depth questions, but not too bad. I received an offer to come in for a group interview and was told they would call me because they currently didn't have any openings for a scheduled date. I asked how long it would take and they said they were unable to determine that at this time. The recruiter advised that I call the number he called me with if I wanted to check back with them, but I had to ask for the number because it came up on my phone as 'unknown'.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later i got an email to schedule a phone interview. I began doing additional research on the company. My phone interview was scheduled 2 weeks away, which i was not happy about ...so far away. Then 2 days after scheduling the phone interview the recruiter called and asked if its a good time to do the interview. He asked questions about my last 2 jobs and all questions focused on how i dealt with irate customer situations. He said i did well and tolf me to expect the senior recruiter to contact me, also to be patient. I knew they woulf be trying to fill a class so it may take a while. Currently waiting to be called.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Airways (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I first placed an application online and received a call a few days for phone interview. The questions were along the lines of what is your background in customer service. The entire call may have been less than 10 min. I was then offered to com in for a face to face interview. A week later I attended the in-person interview. There was approximately 50 or so people. We were given a hand out of general benefits, pay scale and looked a presentation about the company. Afterwards we were called in individually in no particular order for a one on one interview with a hiring manger. It was the same process as over the phone but it little more detailed questions about yourself and background of what you have done. Once that was completed I was given a unofficial offer letter and advised to go to another room to start filling out all the necessary paper work, fingerprinting,and I had to have on bring 2 forms of ID, Last 10 years employment history and Last 5 years residence addresses. After all that was complete I had to go to have a drug screening that same day. The whole process from start to finish moved very quickly. The background check seemed to take a little while longer than I expected but I would highly recommend applying it would be worth it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to handle an irate customer etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

We were told there were 244K applicants that applied and about 50 of us were chosen for the interview. First they greeted us and had an ice breaker exercise where you had to guess something particular about a person not in your group. Then they called out about 7 of us to go into a room with two Representatives. We had to get up and answer three questions which were not difficult but a bit awkward because it was in-front of everyone. The first two were the same for everyone and the third one was selected out of a deck. After that we watched a video about the airlines then they came in and called everyone out one by one and escorted them to the shuttle. I personally did not get offered a job and neither was anyone waiting for the shuttle. The people called out first were not out waiting for the shuttle and presumably offered positions. They tell you that you would get a letter anywhere from 3 days to two weeks after interview. One gentleman said that if you are not offered a position today that it is a possibility you can still get the job because they will go back through the videos. Overall the interview process was not bad at all. It was a great experience for me and help me to prepare for the next time. Which I am going on very soon with a different airline. Good luck to everyone in there efforts just keep persevering. EXCELSIOR!!!

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be one of the biggest challenges facing a flight attendant? Why do you want to become a flight attendant? What was the proudest moment in your job career?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Interview

Applied in early January, 2014 and about a month later was invited to a video interview. Five questions total; a few of which were: Why do you want to become a flight attendant? and Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. About six months after the video interview, I was invited to a F2F interview in Dallas, TX. It was a group of about 16 candidates, the process began with being broken down into three groups of 5-6 people and we did a group project to get to know each other better, followed by a group interview with three people, and after that we were called for a one on one and if you were chosen for training they brought you in to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions

• If you were to hire a flight attendant, what qualities would you look for and why?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in October of 2014 and missed the 1st online interview. Was then emailed again in January 2015 for the online video interview and completed it. Now in March 2015 I have been selected to fly to Dallas for a group interview and that is all so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked as team to achieve a common goal and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have not been offered a job yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in Jan and was scheduled for a phone interview about a week later. After that interview I was immediately offered a f2f interview. Because of no available interview dates my f2f was not for another a month or so. It was about 50 people there interviewing. After our orientation we all had a 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager. I'm not sure who got the job but they asked similar questions from the phone interview. PLEASE pay attention to the presentation. Those selected were drug tested and fingerprinted right after. The background check took a lil over a month but I think it will be well worth the wait!! Congrats to everyone who made it!!

Interview Questions

• Explain a personal difficult situation you've had and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

After filling out the online application a brief phone interview, I was invited to a large group interview. 60 or so applicants sat through a brief presentation and then where called back to another room for a one-on-one interview, lasting about 30 minutes. I was then told to expect to hear in two weeks if I was chosen for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are based on the STAR format. Situation, Action, Result.   Answer Question