US Airways

Updated Dec 22, 2014
Updated Dec 22, 2014

2.9

Pilot Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Airways.

Experience, education, and good character. Must dress and be professional. Need to be knowledgable on aircrafts, skills, and Federal Aviation Regulations. Quick minded, sharp, and diligent. Able to work well with others in long time frames and small quarters. Submit to authority.

none

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in July 2014.

I applied online and it took about a month when I got a call for a phone interview. I was scheduled to come in the next week for a face to face interview. Overall, my experience went well and was offered a "conditional hire" while waiting for the drug test and background checks to go through. I was told it will take a few weeks to about a month for all of those to be cleared. Department of Homeland Security takes awhile for the fingerprints to clear.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty easy if you have enough customer service experience.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

The process took about 6 weeks total. I turned in my resume and then I instantly received an email to take the video interview. These were common interview questions. Then I waited about 3 weeks and then I received a in person interview. My interview was in Charlotte. Since I was coming from Kansas I had to stay over night and the hotel is your own expense. The interview process is just like everyone says.

1. Do a sit and reach test (very easy)
    2. Watch a presentation on the new merger
    3. They have you speak in front of the group (about 45 to 55 people in my group)
            A. What qualities make a good flight attendant
    4. Then do a group exercise (Survival Crash)
            A. List of supplies have to rate each item based on the best use to help you survive.
            B. I know the lighter with no fluid was up there in the top 5 and I believe the yarn and canvas
            C. The results do not really matter but it always helps you to stand out when you win or get more correct.
    5. Then you have lunch and this is when they make there first cut.
    6. Then they do one on one interviews (they say they are holding those people back because they did not fill out some of the paperwork correctly or need more information from them) This is there way of saying these people need to fill out employment forms.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult but it might be nice for someone that received an offer to say what they said during their group question. (What qualities make a good flight attendant)   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

Applied online and was contacted almost 3 weeks later through email by the project manager for a phone interview. I was given a number and was asked to call on it. There was a bit difficulty in reaching out to her on day of phone interview because she was not able to find a conference room.

The questions were basic - related to Waterfall and Scrum. And around definitions of functional and non functional requirements, user stories etc.
    She already had a list of screening questions. She seemed very friendly and cool and I felt very positive about the interview.
    I was told that I would be informed about the outcome within 2 weeks. But there was no response.
    There was no reply to my follow up email as well.
    My application status on their website says - Under review.
    But apart from that I do not have any updates. Which is pretty unfair I believe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways.

I submitted my online application at the end of January and then completed the video interview about 2 weeks later. About a month later (Mid-March), I received an invitation to the recruitment event or in-person interview. I attended the March 21st interview, and here are the details:

1. I arrived to the Charlotte training center a little before 9:00am, was given a name tag and led to the dining hall where all the candidates were waiting. During that time, the recruiters went around and checked us all in. By the time all the candidates arrived, we were about 70 in total.
    2. They split us into 2 groups, had us drop off our stuff at our respective classroom and then led us to the airplane simulation room for the jumpseat and overhead bin tests.
    3. When we returned to the classrooms, the recruiters introduced themselves and gave a brief presentation on US Airways, the FA position and a video about the US Airways-American merger.
    4. Then, they had us make timed 1-minute introductions giving our name, where we were coming from and an response to the following question,"What 3 qualities should an exceptional flight attendant have?" They were pretty strict about timing (raising their hand or stopping people when the time was up), so it is important to rehearse your elevator speech ahead of time. It seems they preferred complete, thorough answers so as to assess how well we follow directions and express ourselves. I also recommend thanking US Airways for the opportunity and shouting out to fellow candidates, "Good Luck" or "Thanks for sharing in this crazy experience with me" just creates for a more supportive, fun environment.
    5. After introductions, we were divided into groups of 4-5 persons and given a plane crash scenario where we had to rank 12 items in terms of their use and aid for our survival. People tend to get nervous here and try to outshadow, talk over or direct the group; however, I recommend playing a more supportive or organizational role: emphasize priorities, keep the group on task, encourage input from everyone. I was by far not "leading" the group, so I just took the opportunities to show my engagement-second/compliment others' contributions, nod, actively engage during the follow-up explanation. I think ultimately that mattered more, how positively we engage with the other candidates and recruiters.
    6. After that activity, lunch was served and the recruiters all left, I suppose to deliberate! Lunch was really good-a few different salads to choose from. That was the first time actually that an airline (I have interviewed with 3 other airlines) ever served me lunch at an interview, which I thought was very nice and considerate.
    7. After lunch, the recruiters returned to the classrooms and announced that the interview had concluded, that everyone would have to leave now and that they'd get back to us within a week. Then, at the very end just as we began to pick up our things and head out, they said they needed a few individuals to stay for a bit longer to review paperwork. There were maybe 8-10 of us left in our classroom and I suspect another 8-10 left in the other classroom.
    8. After everyone left, they took us to other rooms to conduct the 1-on-1 interviews. The 1-on-1 interview was fairly intense and very much on par with the STAR method. They really want you to provide concrete and specific examples that touch on each of the STAR criteria (describing the situation, task, action and result). I highly recommend searching for sample FA interview questions and practicing answers using STAR to them. Have a good 3-4 work experiences/projects to reference in your answers. Here are some of the questions asked that I can remember...
    -Name a time you got into a conflict with a coworker. How did you resolve it?
    -Describe a time you learned a new process? How did you go about it?
    -Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service? Or describe excellent customer service.
    -Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge.
    -What is most and least appealing about the FA position?
    9. They then led us to another room to wait and told us that there would be another exercise. Slowly other candidates and all the recruiters trickled in. Once we were all there (there were about 12-15 of us maybe), they gave us the tentative offer letters and had us fill out paperwork, get finger-printed, etc.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience and the recruiters made it very exciting and fun. They get you really pumped about the job and company. My biggest piece of advice is to just stay turned on the whole time and have fun! No matter what the result, make the most of it, learn from it and tweak wherever you (I certainly have after 3 interviews), and make new friends!

Interview Questions
    • Really practice and rehearse your introduction and interview questions. Dress the part also! Since you will be held to a strict uniform policy as a FA, you should demonstrate that you are already capable of that.   View Answers (4)

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways.

Filled out online application.
    Asked to complete video interview, was asked five questions for example: tell us about a time you had great customer service.

Haven't heard back from them at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had conflicts with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in June 2014.

Applied online, after a month I got a call for a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and was invited to a f2f interview two weeks later. The interview was at Oakland airport with two people. They both asked simple questions about my work history and past experience. I believe the interview went really good since I knew what to expect from past airport interviews. It has almost been two months and still have not heard anything. I check online and my profile still says under review. I have not received a rejection email so I don't know what to expect.

Flight Attendant Interview

I will speak about the Charlotte interview process:

I was flown down to Charlotte the week of March 20th. I was extended an offer, but turned it down eventually. Here are my pointers:

1: keep your head up (literally). There is nothing on the floor, or ceiling, so always look forward. 2: Do NOT stand out. Don't try to be the shining star or the person who asks the most questions, etc, try to blend in. In the group exercise, don't be the leader, just give your opinion. *GROUP EXERCISE: #1 is the lighter with no fluid (bc even though it has no fluid it can still make a spark for a fire on the (#2) ball if steel! And (#3) can of Crisco keeps you warm! Along with (#4) extra clothes! *warmth is your #1 priority!... You're welcome! 3: do NOT make it a point to speak to every instructor and brown-nose. Speak more to the fellow interviewees. 4: SMILE!
    During the one-on-one interview, everything is very situational: "name a time when you were responsible for other people and something went wrong" "give an example of a time a customer was not happy, what did you learn?" STAR METHOD.

I eventually did not go through with training bc I was going to have to move. EVEN THOUGH they say you don't HAVE to move, you have to live in another city for 20 days out of the month. This did not fit with my lifestyle.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

You MUST move to another city, even though they tell you it is not required. (I'd say having to live in another city for 20/30 days of the month qualifies as moving)

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Airways.

I will talk about my face to face interview experience.

I am an ordinary guy and ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to be a flight attendant but for some reason, it was too much of a dream. I never felt like I was cut out for it.

I arrived in Charlotte, NC with just a pocketful of dreams. I don't have clear skin. I don't have a perfect white teeth. All I had when I got there was a positive attitude.

The recruiters were very nice and accommodating. I was never pressured to be someone that I am not.

I will not detail exactly how the interview went but instead, I will give you tips and advice on how to make the most out of the opportunity that gave you for a face to face interview.

1. Be genuine. Do not try so hard to be a social butterfly if you really are not.
    2. Be nice. Whoever you are talking to, a recruiter or a co-applicant, give them the respect they deserve.
    3. Be prepared. Before the interview, I did a lot of research from do's and dont's about wearing a suit to body language when responding to an interview question. Do not ignore that finer details.
    4. Look your best. I really don't think it matters what color of suit your wear to the interview. Just wear something that you know you would look your best on and that will make you feel and look confident.
    5. Be interested. Listen to what the recruiters say. Listen attentively.
    6. Be a good team player. Respect everyone.
    7. Practice good posture. This will really help make you look more professional.
    8. Follow instructions.
    9. Think positively and have no doubts in yourself.
    10. Be genuine. You got this! :)

You only get 1 shot at this. Give it your best.

If you were like me who is very conscious about your "looks", don't be. US airways are looking for well rounded individuals. Looks are not important.

Don't let other people tell you, you cant be a flight attendant. Prove them wrong by going to the interview and getting a job offer.

Make it happen. Break boundaries.

Interview Questions
    • What is the least interests you in the FA position and what interests you the most?   View Answers (2)

Flight Attendant Interview

I upload my resume online and as soon as I did that I received an invitation for the online interview.
    Make sure you're dressed up as you would be on a real interview,smile and ladies wear make up. Hair must be in a bun. You have 5 questions and 60 sec to think between a question and your answer. The answers can be up to 3 min, but you can stop sooner. It's been more than 2 weeks and I'm waiting for an answer

Interview Questions
    • what did you learned from your previous job that would be usefull in this one   Answer Question