US Airways

Average Difficulty
238 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details – I did not make it past the video interview but these were the questions asked

1. Are you willing to have a professional look? No tattoos, no piercings…
2. Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
3. What is different about your current job vs being a flight attendant?
4. Time you had a difficult and irate customer and how did you resolve this situation?
5. Time you had a disagreement with boss or coworker and what did you learn from the situation?

Interview Question – The most diffulcult part of the interview was trying to appear personable while talking to the camera.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details – I applied back in December, and didn't hear anything until mid February when they sent the video interview request. The video interview was awkward and nerve wrecking because your speaking to an automated system. Then about a week later I get a call inviting me to the recruitment day. They provide transportation to and from the training facility in Charlotte. There were two sessions going on at the same time with about 30 people in each session with about 5 recruiters I think I got the good one, because all the flight attendants were SUPER nice, answering questions during breaks and telling their experience as flight attendants. Of course there was the reach test and jump seat test. They tell you that they change things up each time but they really don't, it goes exactly how every review on here has said. There was a lot of potential in the room but when it came time for the 60 second question "in your opinion, what makes a good flight attendant" you could kind of see who was a contender and who was not. Always have three qualities prepared for this question and elaborate of course. I forgot to say where I was from and I still got an offer so being perfect is not a requirement. Everyone's answer was good but not everyone worded it correctly or delivered properly. Then there was the plane crash scenario of course which my group won, of the four of us two of us got offers. We had four out of five right.

I would recommend following the advice of the people that call to set up your recruitment day if you make it that far. You want them to see you as a flight attendant not an interviewee. When I walked through the airports even TSA thought I was crew. Don't wear a short skirt, don't wear different colors, stick with dark blue or black, white collar shirt, always a blazer, have your hair back and if you're a lady a nice red lip won't hurt, for guys always wear a tie. Most importantly be yourself, they're essentially hiring your personality, if you're going to fake your way through the interview you won't be able to fake your way through 4 and a half weeks of unpaid training, so be you! And also if you were previously a flight attendant or currently one, keep it to yourself unless they ask about it. Don't talk about it in your 60 second introduction, it seems to be taboo. Someone who made it to a one on one was escorted out after mentioning the previous airlines they'd worked for. Overall I had a good experience it was nerve wrecking from start to finish but I walked away with an offer with one if the greatest airlines in the world soon to be the biggest global carrier so it was well worth it.

Interview Question – What is the least desirable thing about this job?   View Answers (9)

Negotiation Details – None this is a union job.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

Interview Details – Took 5 weeks total f2f 04/01. NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE F2F INTERVIEW PROCESS!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a week received an email to do the online interview. The link goes right into the interview so be prepared when you click on the link to do the interview. I had no idea what the questions would be and was not prepared. I was a babbling idiot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you dealt with an irate customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details – I applied online and a couple weeks later was emailed the link taking me to the next step of the process - The Video Interview! This is tough because in the video you really don't look like yourself and your trying not to look around.

Interview Question – Tell us what you know about US Airways.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – union

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details – Had a video interview in March 2014, and a couple of weeks later was asked to fly to charlotte for a f2f interview. Will be flying down tomorrow, wish me luck!

Interview Question – None of the questions were out of the ordinary difficult, but what puts you on the spot that you should have a good answer for is "why do you want to be a flight attendant for US Airways?"   View Answer

Flight Attendant

Interview Details – Did a video interview and now waiting to go to a face to face. The video interview was fun, and unconventional because it was not a person you're talking to, you're looking at yourself trying to remember the question. Overall it was fun and different.

Interview Question – What experience do you have that qualifies you to work here?   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process is not very easy, but all the interviewers are extremely nice, I applied before for other airlines and they were not like that.
Just practice your 60sec presentation, and of course don't be FAKE. I basically did everything natural, talked to 4 people and during the survival test, I pretty much resolved in group. The one on one interview is kind of hard, but just BE yourself.

Interview Question – The 60 second presentation is kind of hard. Be prepared.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online
2 months later did a webcam interview
A couple of weeks after.the webcam interview I received a call from a recruiter inviting me to Phoenix for an in-person interview.
In Phoenix we had to do the reach and jump seat tests followed by a 60 second presentation in which we had to explain what we thought makes a good flight attendant
  I did not particularly care for this because everyone gives the same answer. I was 2nd from last to go so I.mentioned a couple of other attributes.
We also did the survival group exercise, we were then served.lunch. after lunch they told us we will get an email in 24-48 hours but they called out some names saying they needed more info from them and the rest of us were free.to go.
I'm not an idiot, those people who were asked to stay for providing info were.obviously those that were offered positions.
I was very disappointed in this process because it was an insult to my intelligence. They should've been honest with us instead of using a lame excuse.
I am also upset that we were not properly interviewed. I don't see how the recruiters could have enough insight of all the candidates to make a determination of who to hire.
I was not allowed an opportunity to discuss my experience, qualities, Etc
Part of me feels discriminated against because its obvious they based their decision on 60 seconds of people giving the same answers
I feel like I was played a fool. I know I would not want to work for an organization that does not perform proper due diligence during the hiring process
IAlso they do not pay you during training. That's just not right and its the people who look at the.job as glamorous and exciting that will suffer.the.most because they are focusing only on the lifestyle of the job instead of reading I'm between the lines not realizing how much money.they.will lose during training and having to pay $1000 for their uniforms. I'm not.sure.if they're looking.for "suckers" or not but there is.no doubt their recruiting practices are not fair.

Interview Question – Not asked   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details – 1) First apply online
2) Look for email to create video interview
3) Get phone call to for in-person interview
4) IF you want the job, SHOW UP EARLY!!!
5) IF you want the job, PREPARE by practicing interview questions from previous posts.
6) IF you want the job, PAY ATTENTION to and follow instructions from person who booked your interview appointment. (ex. Dress code = dark colored suit, grooming, etc). This is a conservative corporate operation and if that's not you or you can't adapt, DON'T APPLY!

*** DON'T APPLY FOR FLIGHT ATTENDANT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PASSPORT!!! ***

You CANNOT complete the interview if you don't have a valid passport in hand!

IF you want the job, don't bring your book to read or play with electronic gadgets, get to know the fellow applicants. This job REQUIRES you to be friendly and quickly get to know strangers. You don't have to be their best friend but you do need to be genuinely interested and demonstrate good people skills. AFTERALL, they could be your future co-worker!

DO be prepared to give a 1minute introduction, listing 3 things that makes an exceptional flight attendant.
DO come prepared with good questions to ask during group and 1on 1 interview.
DO come prepared to accept a job offer that day AND EXPECT to relocate.

*** DO have a substantial savings or support system that will accommodate 6-8weeks of NO PAY!!! Training is unpaid and it will be a few weeks before you get your 1st paycheck once you start working. THEN, you need money to establish new residence in new base state.

You will likely get sent home if you:
  - Show up late or miss your flight to the interview!
  - Arrive looking like you just woke up
  - Are not genuine in your mannerism
  - Bomb the 1minute presentation
  - If you are a poor reader

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for US Airways
What would be the worst part about this job?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted what they offered. Did not negotiate. There are no options to negotiate price. Someone mentioned in earlier comments this is a union job so no negotiations outside of union.