US Airways Interview Questions & Reviews

243 interviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Airways.

I applied online and a couple weeks later was emailed the link taking me to the next step of the process - The Video Interview! This is tough because in the video you really don't look like yourself and your trying not to look around.

union

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Did a video interview and now waiting to go to a face to face. The video interview was fun, and unconventional because it was not a person you're talking to, you're looking at yourself trying to remember the question. Overall it was fun and different.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have that qualifies you to work here?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Applied online
    2 months later did a webcam interview
    A couple of weeks after.the webcam interview I received a call from a recruiter inviting me to Phoenix for an in-person interview.
    In Phoenix we had to do the reach and jump seat tests followed by a 60 second presentation in which we had to explain what we thought makes a good flight attendant
      I did not particularly care for this because everyone gives the same answer. I was 2nd from last to go so I.mentioned a couple of other attributes.
    We also did the survival group exercise, we were then served.lunch. after lunch they told us we will get an email in 24-48 hours but they called out some names saying they needed more info from them and the rest of us were free.to go.
    I'm not an idiot, those people who were asked to stay for providing info were.obviously those that were offered positions.
    I was very disappointed in this process because it was an insult to my intelligence. They should've been honest with us instead of using a lame excuse.
    I am also upset that we were not properly interviewed. I don't see how the recruiters could have enough insight of all the candidates to make a determination of who to hire.
    I was not allowed an opportunity to discuss my experience, qualities, Etc
    Part of me feels discriminated against because its obvious they based their decision on 60 seconds of people giving the same answers
    I feel like I was played a fool. I know I would not want to work for an organization that does not perform proper due diligence during the hiring process
    IAlso they do not pay you during training. That's just not right and its the people who look at the.job as glamorous and exciting that will suffer.the.most because they are focusing only on the lifestyle of the job instead of reading I'm between the lines not realizing how much money.they.will lose during training and having to pay $1000 for their uniforms. I'm not.sure.if they're looking.for "suckers" or not but there is.no doubt their recruiting practices are not fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

The interview process is not very easy, but all the interviewers are extremely nice, I applied before for other airlines and they were not like that.
    Just practice your 60sec presentation, and of course don't be FAKE. I basically did everything natural, talked to 4 people and during the survival test, I pretty much resolved in group. The one on one interview is kind of hard, but just BE yourself.

Interview Questions
    • The 60 second presentation is kind of hard. Be prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Applied online in January and after completing the webcam interview, I was invited to a face-to-face interview in Charlotte, NC. Prior to the Charlotte trip, I was told about the importance of wearing business attire. I was also sent all kinds of documentation that had to be completed for the interview. Furthermore, this was supposed to be an all-day event.
    However, after arriving in Charlotte, I was quite disappointed: there was no interview and none of the requested documents were even mentioned. I and the other candidates were there maybe 3 hours (and 1 hour of that time was for lunch.)

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Airways in January 2014.

Applied on line- then dod a phone interview a few days later- Followed by a video on line interview then they fly you out to the Charlotte Airport

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question, just a waste of a day.   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Airways.

1) First apply online
    2) Look for email to create video interview
    3) Get phone call to for in-person interview
    4) IF you want the job, SHOW UP EARLY!!!
    5) IF you want the job, PREPARE by practicing interview questions from previous posts.
    6) IF you want the job, PAY ATTENTION to and follow instructions from person who booked your interview appointment. (ex. Dress code = dark colored suit, grooming, etc). This is a conservative corporate operation and if that's not you or you can't adapt, DON'T APPLY!

*** DON'T APPLY FOR FLIGHT ATTENDANT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PASSPORT!!! ***

You CANNOT complete the interview if you don't have a valid passport in hand!

IF you want the job, don't bring your book to read or play with electronic gadgets, get to know the fellow applicants. This job REQUIRES you to be friendly and quickly get to know strangers. You don't have to be their best friend but you do need to be genuinely interested and demonstrate good people skills. AFTERALL, they could be your future co-worker!

DO be prepared to give a 1minute introduction, listing 3 things that makes an exceptional flight attendant.
    DO come prepared with good questions to ask during group and 1on 1 interview.
    DO come prepared to accept a job offer that day AND EXPECT to relocate.

*** DO have a substantial savings or support system that will accommodate 6-8weeks of NO PAY!!! Training is unpaid and it will be a few weeks before you get your 1st paycheck once you start working. THEN, you need money to establish new residence in new base state.

You will likely get sent home if you:
      - Show up late or miss your flight to the interview!
      - Arrive looking like you just woke up
      - Are not genuine in your mannerism
      - Bomb the 1minute presentation
      - If you are a poor reader

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for US Airways
      What would be the worst part about this job?
        Answer Question
    Accepted what they offered. Did not negotiate. There are no options to negotiate price. Someone mentioned in earlier comments this is a union job so no negotiations outside of union.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Submitted online application and received an email a few weeks later to do a video interview. About 2 weeks after I was invited to go to Charlotte for a face to face interview. They flew me down in the early morning and instructed us to go outside and a shuttle would drive us to the flight center. One shuttle arrived and it was a 10 person van for about 80 people so it took awhile to get over there. The first 40 to arrive went into the first group. We did a reach test and a jumpseat test first. After that we went into a conference room and the recruiters were introduced to us. They were all flight attendants. One lady was an absolute doll and couldn't have been more gracious and genuinely friendly. The others were non-approachable and did not seem helpful or friendly. I tried talking to a few but they seemed disinterested, like we weren't supposed to be conversing with them. We had a presentation on USAirways and the new American Airlines. Then they told us when they called our name to go to the front, introduce our selves, say where we flew in from, and to list what we believed our the best 3 qualities that a flight attendant should have. After that we had lunch and they came back in a little after 12 and said that what was the end of the day and said H.R. had a few questions for some people and if they call your name, to stay behind. They called 4 people and thanked the rest of us for coming. Those 4 were offered positions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe are the 3 best qualities a flight attendant should have?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at US Airways in March 2013.

I decided to write a review on the initial video interview process as I found very little written about that part of the process myself! I applied online and approximately a week later I was invited to take a short initial video interview.

The interview was very different as it is given by an automated system. Was 5 questions. Each question was repeated twice and then I was given 3 minutes to answer. The first couple questions were basic asking if I agreed to dress code requirements and why I wanted to be a flight attendant. Then was asked about a time I had a disagreement with a coworker ( I recommend the star method to answer this). Next was how do my skill and prior work experience relate to the job. The last question I don't remember. You only get one chance to answer each question into you video camera/web cam. You cannot view or playback what was recorded so I highly recommend being prepared and answering throughly.

I got the feeling that this is a way got them to see your personality and if you fit the look requirements of the job.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

1) Applied online in January.
    2) Video interview in February.
    3) Invited to recruitment day in March .

I'm really excited and hope all goes well. I will post outcome after interview.