US Airways Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

I had a phone interview, followed by a video interview. A week after that I was invited to do a face to face in charlotte. They fly you in and you do a group interview and activities. If they like you, they ask you to remain after the rest of the class is released.

Interview Questions
    • Standing in front of the group and introducing yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

Applied online. Recieved an email for a preliminary video interview. Submitted video interview and 5 weeks later was invited to Charlotte, NC for a recruiting session. Flew to Charlotte courtsey of USAIR. Recruters are current Flight Attendants and all were very nice and personable. All attendees were asked to take a seat in the cafeteria, Recruiters walked throught out the room greeting us and asking if we had any questions, I took advantage of the Q&A. The recruiter I was speaking to was extremely nice and made me feel very at ease. After several minutes she introduced me to 2 other recruiters. The four of us conversed for several minutes before I was placed in my group.
    The first thing they have you do is the "reach" and "jumpseat" test. I am 6'2' so the reach test was a breeze, the jumpseat test was a different story. I have to be honest I allowed my waistline to go hay wire over the last 10 years, that being said, I failed the jumpseat test. The recruiter who adminsitered the test clearly saw that I was upset and escorted me back to gather my belongings. As we walked to the office to arrange for a flight home one of the recruiters I had meet early stoped and asked how it was going. I explained the situation and she was very sympathetic. Both recruiters told me to go home "work on it" and reapply in 6 months. I got the sense from their concern for me that if I would have succesfully passed the jumpseat test I would have been invited to train as a Flight Attendant. So now I am back at home working on losing weight. I will lose the weight, reapply, and succeed in becoming a Flight Attendant.
    My advice to those going to Charlotte is be engaging without being phony. The recruiters are sharp and can figure out who is genuine and not. Smile, ask questions, and DO your homework about the company and the position.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities do you possess that would make you a exceptional Flight Attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Airways.

I applied back in December, and didn't hear anything until mid February when they sent the video interview request. The video interview was awkward and nerve wrecking because your speaking to an automated system. Then about a week later I get a call inviting me to the recruitment day. They provide transportation to and from the training facility in Charlotte. There were two sessions going on at the same time with about 30 people in each session with about 5 recruiters I think I got the good one, because all the flight attendants were SUPER nice, answering questions during breaks and telling their experience as flight attendants. Of course there was the reach test and jump seat test. They tell you that they change things up each time but they really don't, it goes exactly how every review on here has said. There was a lot of potential in the room but when it came time for the 60 second question "in your opinion, what makes a good flight attendant" you could kind of see who was a contender and who was not. Always have three qualities prepared for this question and elaborate of course. I forgot to say where I was from and I still got an offer so being perfect is not a requirement. Everyone's answer was good but not everyone worded it correctly or delivered properly. Then there was the plane crash scenario of course which my group won, of the four of us two of us got offers. We had four out of five right.

I would recommend following the advice of the people that call to set up your recruitment day if you make it that far. You want them to see you as a flight attendant not an interviewee. When I walked through the airports even TSA thought I was crew. Don't wear a short skirt, don't wear different colors, stick with dark blue or black, white collar shirt, always a blazer, have your hair back and if you're a lady a nice red lip won't hurt, for guys always wear a tie. Most importantly be yourself, they're essentially hiring your personality, if you're going to fake your way through the interview you won't be able to fake your way through 4 and a half weeks of unpaid training, so be you! And also if you were previously a flight attendant or currently one, keep it to yourself unless they ask about it. Don't talk about it in your 60 second introduction, it seems to be taboo. Someone who made it to a one on one was escorted out after mentioning the previous airlines they'd worked for. Overall I had a good experience it was nerve wrecking from start to finish but I walked away with an offer with one if the greatest airlines in the world soon to be the biggest global carrier so it was well worth it.

Interview Questions
    None this is a union job.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied to US Airways flight attendant position on Friday and on Saturday I received an email for a online video interview. On the following Monday I did it. They asked me a couple questions before I was put through to the video portion. I think I answered the questions well but I have not heard back yet. I really tried to be myself but is so hard talking to a computer and being natural especially when you are looking at yourself. Really hope to get a f2f interview. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions are difficult, they just want to get to know more about you and how you would handle certain situations.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sicklerville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sicklerville, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

I just got done with the video interview and I must say it was pretty nerve wrecking. As much as I prepared for it, I was still nervous. Only because it's an automated recording, not a live person so you don't know what their reaction is and you can't feed off of their reactions. The questions they ask aren't exactly the same. I was caught off guard with a couple of them but I was able to make it through. They give you a minute to think about your answer, so that helped alot.
    One of my tips is to always be prepared. Don't go in thinking you've got all the answers because you prepared with the questions they show here. Expect the unexpected and just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What responsibilities from your previous job do you think can help you with a FA position?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

Applied online then received email invitation to do video interview.

Customer Relations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

Intense questions. Supervisor was texting during my interview

10.21 hr lol

Flight Attendant Interview

Applied on a Wed, by Thurs morning I received an email to interview via automated video. I waited about a full week until I actually sat down to do it. During that time I received 3 emails, the invite to interview, the reminder email, and lastly, the "last" reminder to interview with them.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, but the process was different and I was visibly nervous. It was awkward and I'm sure I was a babbling idiot during the process. I hope they see past that, and ask me to a f2f interview.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Airways.

I did not make it past the video interview but these were the questions asked

1. Are you willing to have a professional look? No tattoos, no piercings…
    2. Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
    3. What is different about your current job vs being a flight attendant?
    4. Time you had a difficult and irate customer and how did you resolve this situation?
    5. Time you had a disagreement with boss or coworker and what did you learn from the situation?

Interview Questions
    • The most diffulcult part of the interview was trying to appear personable while talking to the camera.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Airways.

1) First apply online
    2) Look for email to create video interview
    3) Get phone call to for in-person interview
    4) IF you want the job, SHOW UP EARLY!!!
    5) IF you want the job, PREPARE by practicing interview questions from previous posts.
    6) IF you want the job, PAY ATTENTION to and follow instructions from person who booked your interview appointment. (ex. Dress code = dark colored suit, grooming, etc). This is a conservative corporate operation and if that's not you or you can't adapt, DON'T APPLY!

*** DON'T APPLY FOR FLIGHT ATTENDANT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PASSPORT!!! ***

You CANNOT complete the interview if you don't have a valid passport in hand!

IF you want the job, don't bring your book to read or play with electronic gadgets, get to know the fellow applicants. This job REQUIRES you to be friendly and quickly get to know strangers. You don't have to be their best friend but you do need to be genuinely interested and demonstrate good people skills. AFTERALL, they could be your future co-worker!

DO be prepared to give a 1minute introduction, listing 3 things that makes an exceptional flight attendant.
    DO come prepared with good questions to ask during group and 1on 1 interview.
    DO come prepared to accept a job offer that day AND EXPECT to relocate.

*** DO have a substantial savings or support system that will accommodate 6-8weeks of NO PAY!!! Training is unpaid and it will be a few weeks before you get your 1st paycheck once you start working. THEN, you need money to establish new residence in new base state.

You will likely get sent home if you:
      - Show up late or miss your flight to the interview!
      - Arrive looking like you just woke up
      - Are not genuine in your mannerism
      - Bomb the 1minute presentation
      - If you are a poor reader

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for US Airways
      What would be the worst part about this job?
        Answer Question
    Accepted what they offered. Did not negotiate. There are no options to negotiate price. Someone mentioned in earlier comments this is a union job so no negotiations outside of union.