US Airways Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014
Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Airways.

I did not make it past the video interview but these were the questions asked

1. Are you willing to have a professional look? No tattoos, no piercings…
    2. Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
    3. What is different about your current job vs being a flight attendant?
    4. Time you had a difficult and irate customer and how did you resolve this situation?
    5. Time you had a disagreement with boss or coworker and what did you learn from the situation?

Interview Questions
    • The most diffulcult part of the interview was trying to appear personable while talking to the camera.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Airways.

1) First apply online
    2) Look for email to create video interview
    3) Get phone call to for in-person interview
    4) IF you want the job, SHOW UP EARLY!!!
    5) IF you want the job, PREPARE by practicing interview questions from previous posts.
    6) IF you want the job, PAY ATTENTION to and follow instructions from person who booked your interview appointment. (ex. Dress code = dark colored suit, grooming, etc). This is a conservative corporate operation and if that's not you or you can't adapt, DON'T APPLY!

*** DON'T APPLY FOR FLIGHT ATTENDANT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PASSPORT!!! ***

You CANNOT complete the interview if you don't have a valid passport in hand!

IF you want the job, don't bring your book to read or play with electronic gadgets, get to know the fellow applicants. This job REQUIRES you to be friendly and quickly get to know strangers. You don't have to be their best friend but you do need to be genuinely interested and demonstrate good people skills. AFTERALL, they could be your future co-worker!

DO be prepared to give a 1minute introduction, listing 3 things that makes an exceptional flight attendant.
    DO come prepared with good questions to ask during group and 1on 1 interview.
    DO come prepared to accept a job offer that day AND EXPECT to relocate.

*** DO have a substantial savings or support system that will accommodate 6-8weeks of NO PAY!!! Training is unpaid and it will be a few weeks before you get your 1st paycheck once you start working. THEN, you need money to establish new residence in new base state.

You will likely get sent home if you:
      - Show up late or miss your flight to the interview!
      - Arrive looking like you just woke up
      - Are not genuine in your mannerism
      - Bomb the 1minute presentation
      - If you are a poor reader

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for US Airways
      What would be the worst part about this job?
        Answer Question
    Accepted what they offered. Did not negotiate. There are no options to negotiate price. Someone mentioned in earlier comments this is a union job so no negotiations outside of union.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

Took 5 weeks total f2f 04/01. NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE F2F INTERVIEW PROCESS!

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

Applied online then received email invitation to do video interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sicklerville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sicklerville, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

I just got done with the video interview and I must say it was pretty nerve wrecking. As much as I prepared for it, I was still nervous. Only because it's an automated recording, not a live person so you don't know what their reaction is and you can't feed off of their reactions. The questions they ask aren't exactly the same. I was caught off guard with a couple of them but I was able to make it through. They give you a minute to think about your answer, so that helped alot.
    One of my tips is to always be prepared. Don't go in thinking you've got all the answers because you prepared with the questions they show here. Expect the unexpected and just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What responsibilities from your previous job do you think can help you with a FA position?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Applied on a Wed, by Thurs morning I received an email to interview via automated video. I waited about a full week until I actually sat down to do it. During that time I received 3 emails, the invite to interview, the reminder email, and lastly, the "last" reminder to interview with them.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, but the process was different and I was visibly nervous. It was awkward and I'm sure I was a babbling idiot during the process. I hope they see past that, and ask me to a f2f interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

I had a phone interview, followed by a video interview. A week after that I was invited to do a face to face in charlotte. They fly you in and you do a group interview and activities. If they like you, they ask you to remain after the rest of the class is released.

Interview Questions
    • Standing in front of the group and introducing yourself   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

. Filled out long online application
    . Received an email to complete application the next day.
    . Email request to do video interview.
    Now waiting to hear if I'll make it to the F2F interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational examples from past employment... How did you handle an irate customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

I am a former flight attendant. It has been a while since I was in the airline industry. I am accustomed to putting on the smile and being friendly toward all people. I was invited to an interview process at Charlotte Recruitment Training Center. There were about 70 of us. We were taken to the facility and divided into two groups. The initial task given to us was to determine if we can reach the emergency equipment stored in an overhead bin and if we can fit into the jump-seat and fasten the seatbelt. We were asked to go before our group introduce ourselves and tell what in our opinion makes a great flight attendant within a one minute time frame. Some people were excellent in their speech presentation. Others were too nervous but managed to overcome to their obvious fear. Being confident I was called after someone that delivered his presentation like a comedian. While most of the characteristics were previously mentioned, I wanted to emphasis that the empathy that I learned as a flight attendant was something that I carried with me though out my life and it proved to be most beneficial. The last and final task was the group activity I have detailed below.

Interview Questions
    • The following task was presented as a "game". We were given a scenario whereby we were survivors of a plane crash in northern Canada. We were given 12 items that we were to use for survival and were told to list the items we would use in order of priority. I am a competitor and a gamer. My family plays a game called Mafia when we get together over the holidays. I lost my interview state of mind and became a Mafia player. Instead of realizing that the whole idea is not getting the items in order and winning the game, it is how you communicate and show yourself either a leader or a follower, compassionate and understanding.   View Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Online application then a few days later phone interview and set up face to face interview with recruiter. After the face to face interview I was called by the recruiter the same day maybe a hour after my interview with an extended offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult but they are looking for very clear answers and resolutions for customer service situation questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation