US Airways

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email from the station manager in a day or so. The manager sent me a list of questions, which I answered and sent back. I was then flown in for a 1 on 1 interview. It was relaxed with standard interview questions. Following this was a conference call interview with the manager and HR regional manager.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard and i don't recall any being too out of the ordinary. Most airline interviews have a lot of behavioral questions because they want to know how you respond to problems.   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was pleased with my interview and all of the people I spoke with (in person and via the telephone). We reviewed my resume, they asked questions about me and about my past experiences.

Question: Give an example of a time you couldn't make a decision.

Question: Give an example of a time you made a decision and it turned out to be the wrong choice. What happened and how did you react.

I was kind of expecting to get asked more questions but the interview did last the allotted time and I think we both learned a lot about each other. Learning about a company before you interview is the best advise I can give anyone.

Interview Question – Name a decision that was tough to make.   Answer Question

Shift Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was with a 3 person panel an HR person and two local managers. The questions were typical for the S.T.A.R. interviewing process where you recall a situation or task you had and the action and results. The panel will notate your response to each question and you will be graded on the replies. One question was .. Identify a time you were given a task and you were unable to complete it in the time required and why.

Interview Question – What will you do the first 30 days you are in the position?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Airways

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Airways Shift Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Airways employees and interview candidates.