US Airways

2.9

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Us Airways Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Easy but had to wait for 2 week background check... You submit application and request for background check. Then you get drug tested and have to show that you can lift 70 pounds. After that I interviewed with a panel of 2 and was immedietly hired.

The salary and hours were pre-set by the company

Reservation Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in November 2014.

I applied for this position in August and received notification by email of an online interview opportunity. I did not take the interview then because I was trying to get another job. In mid-November, I received a phone call that indicated they were still interested in me and that I could take the online interview. It was only ten questions, mostly about customer service experience and specific examples of how I solved various customer service problems in the past. My ansered were recorded for later playback. I had a cold, so I sounded really bad.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to remember specific incidences of customer service problems, such as what I did when after realizing that I could not help the person or how I recommended other products than what was requested by customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied on our career website at school. They called me for a short phone interview and then invited me to an interview. It was a 30 min. interview. They called me back a few weeks later saying I got the offer. Both interviewers were very nice and they called me half way through my decision making to see if they could be of any more assistance.

Interview Questions
    • The only technical question was what would be the factors of me ordering pens.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

After applying online and taking the assessment, I was prompted by e-mail the next day to conduct an over the phone interview, which was just an electronic recording asking questions and recording my answers such as previous work history, etc. It took about a day or two and I got a call back to do an in-person interview. The interview was simple and predictable. The lady took me back to a meeting room and asked me several questions in SAR (situation/action/result) about my prior experience. It was pretty simple and took no more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation regarding the pay

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways.

I applied through an online job posting, but also emailed the hiring manager directly since I felt my qualifications aligned very well with their stated needs. About a month later I was contacted, was asked for and provided work samples, then was quickly scheduled for an interview with the creative manager. It was fairly typical for a creative interview, looking at and discussing my portfolio and experience. It was casual and comfortable. I was told their internal processes take time, but after waiting a month I finally reached out to him to inquire as to the status of the process. I was then quickly scheduled for interview round #2 with some of the design team (2 or 3 people). Again, typical portfolio review and discussion about the types of work they do, what a typical day looks like, and what types of projects I might be working on. About another month later I was called in to meet with the VP. It was a bit more formal and the conversation was more about the big picture and strategy behind marketing and design than design itself. I didn't receive any follow up contact afterward, so I reached out again a few weeks later. I was told that the position criteria had changed and things were currently "grid-locked" and would take time to get resolved. It was more than two months later that I finally received a generic email thanking me for my interest and time but they were moving forward with another candidate. I understand if I wasn't the right candidate, but I was disappointed that after all of that all I got was a form email from no one in particular in HR. I would have preferred that my contact throughout the whole experience, the creative manager, be more professional and reach out to me directly and be honest with me about the outcome. I made a significant investment in time and effort over those months and it was simply disheartening to find that in the end I was only worth a computer-generated form email rejection. I expected more from a successful, well-respected, major corporation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think travelers choose, or don't choose, US Airways over other airlines?   Answer Question

Revenue Management Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in July 2013.

- Applied online
    - Got a call from a corporate recruiter 3 weeks later to set up a prescreening and more in depth interview of the role with another recruiter
    - The following day they called me to set up an all day In person interview with managers
    - The interview took place at the headquarters in Tempe, AZ. 5 hours long and met with 5 people. 1st was with the person who you will report to (if given the job) and her/his immediate boss. 2nd interview was with 2 other managers from the Yield department, this was more about position related topics and situations they explain first and take you through an analysis and report. They also gave me a test about probability and statistics and you have 45min to finish. 3rd interview with a peer from that department about behavioral questions and job style and then lunch with that person. 4th and last interview with the director of the department about general behavioral questions, industry related and position related topics.
    - They took 3.5 weeks to get back to me with a no answer unfortunately.

Interview Questions
    • The test they gave me. Know the basics of probability and statistics. I was a little rusty in these topics so I left a few questions blank and ran out of time.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in July 2013.

Phone interview, 30 minutes many behavioral questions followed by a couple questions on what you know about the airline industry. Ie; what is the companies largest expense. Final questions was a mini business case or get an idea how you think. Interviewer is looking for an candidate who can present there ideas in a clear and organized manner.

Interview Questions
    • With sufficient preparation to gain a general idea of the airline industries financials, questions should not to be too challenging. Ability to show some accounting skills is important and questions may be asked on knowledge of income statement and balance sheet.   Answer Question
    None

Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Airways in April 2013.

Applied online. Received phone call for phone interview next day. Face to face interview one week later. Face to face interview was great. Personality based questions. Still waiting to hear back one way or the other.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you didn't handle something the right was and what did you learn from that?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Multiple interviews, some panel, some individuals. Airline experience is a plus, not a must. Ability to think outside the box.

Senior Analyst FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in November 2012.

I applied through school, got a call back in about a week for a over the phone interview with a financial planning manager. Questions were testing: basic accounting and finance skills; excel skills; understudying of the industry and the company; behavior questions, such as why US Airways, and tell me a time when you failed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a financial model you have built before. What was it for and how did structure the model?   View Answer

I got an offer from an other company before US Air gets back to me.