US Army

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Army Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Army.

Meet with your local recruiter and see what military occupational specialities your "qualified" for by taking the ASVAB which is the militarys version of an IQ/aptitude test. You will be taken to the nearest Military Entrance Processing center for a briefing, sign contract, fingerprint, herded like cattle. Review contract enlistment options, contract lenth etc. then ship for basic training sometime soon then attend OSUT or AIT, then first duty station assignment where you will actually start to "work".

No negotiation phase

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Army Officer Interview

The process was conducted mainly through recruiters. Eventually, for an OCS contract, you will be interviewed by a board consisting of (in my case) one Major and three Captains. They will proceed to ask you general interview questions pertaining to your work ethic, management abilities, how to deal with conflict, etc. Nothing very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you about any discrepencies in your past and how you would deal with a soldier who was in a similar situation.   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

Pass a medical, physical test, background check

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign or domestic?   View Answer
    Non-Existent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at US Army.

Started in college in ROTC. The Army ROTC campus personnel interviewed me, checked my grades, and explained what the army offered. I did not recieve my commision until I finished basic training, ROTC campus classes, and advance camp (now known as Warrior Forge). Even completion of ROTC does not ensure you are commisioned, you will also be subject to a background investigation and must complete your degree.

Following commisioning a new officer must complete their Officer basic courses prior to going into the field as an army officer.

Interview Questions
    • ROTC is a process and not just a series of interviews. A cadet will be faced with a number of leadship tests and trials that will be evaluated. Many of these are done in the field during training.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's the Army.

Army Officer Interview

Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) enables students to enroll in elective leadership and military courses at colleges and universities in addition to their required courses. Upon graduation, ROTC cadets are commissioned as Army second lieutenants.

Direct Commission provides leaders in professional fields such as law, medicine and religion the opportunity to become an Army Commissioned Officer. Upon completion of their officer training program, they are commissioned at a rank determined by their career branch.

OCS allows college graduates to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to be commissioned as an Army officer. Through classroom instruction and training exercises, candidates learn to become leaders. Upon completion of OCS, they are commissioned as Army Second Lieutenants.

West Point is one of our country’s premier colleges. West Point cadets are immersed in military customs and traditions while working toward a college degree. Upon graduation, West Point cadets are commissioned as Army Second Lieutenants.

Interview Questions
    • Requirements for becoming a Commissioned Officer vary based upon which path you choose.   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at US Army.

Earned an ROTC Scholarship, after graduation, I started my career

Interview Questions
    • A degree of uncertainty with the career field given to me.   Answer Question
    negoatiations not practicale

Army Officer Interview

Commissioned through ROTC process. Then I attended an Officer basic course to educate me in my specific field of service, then later I attended an intermediate advanced course to educated in the methods of leading a company of soldiers as well as how to accomplish basic staff planning and other work.

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview process, but a four year program.   Answer Question

Army Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Army.

A battery of tests, ACT score, GT Score, Physical Requirements, clean background, problem scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to send Soldiers into combat knowing some may not make it back home alive?   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Army in August 2010.

Rigorous application process followed by an Officer Selection

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you have had to overcome adversity   Answer Question
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Army in February 2010.

Work with a recruiter and conduct an interview with a panel of 3-5 Army Officers. Questions are situation based. Then move through the process through ROTC, USMA or OCS.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced an ethical dilemma, how did you handle it, and what actions would you change and why?   View Answer
    Set salaries, no negotiation.