US Army

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Army in February 2010.

Interview Details – Work with a recruiter and conduct an interview with a panel of 3-5 Army Officers. Questions are situation based. Then move through the process through ROTC, USMA or OCS.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you faced an ethical dilemma, how did you handle it, and what actions would you change and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set salaries, no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Interview Details – Pass a medical, physical test, background check

Interview Question – Are you willing to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign or domestic?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-Existent

Springfield, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Army in August 2010.

Interview Details – Rigorous application process followed by an Officer Selection

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you have had to overcome adversity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fullerton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – Started in college in ROTC. The Army ROTC campus personnel interviewed me, checked my grades, and explained what the army offered. I did not recieve my commision until I finished basic training, ROTC campus classes, and advance camp (now known as Warrior Forge). Even completion of ROTC does not ensure you are commisioned, you will also be subject to a background investigation and must complete your degree.

Following commisioning a new officer must complete their Officer basic courses prior to going into the field as an army officer.

Interview Question – ROTC is a process and not just a series of interviews. A cadet will be faced with a number of leadship tests and trials that will be evaluated. Many of these are done in the field during training.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It's the Army.

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) enables students to enroll in elective leadership and military courses at colleges and universities in addition to their required courses. Upon graduation, ROTC cadets are commissioned as Army second lieutenants.

Direct Commission provides leaders in professional fields such as law, medicine and religion the opportunity to become an Army Commissioned Officer. Upon completion of their officer training program, they are commissioned at a rank determined by their career branch.

OCS allows college graduates to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to be commissioned as an Army officer. Through classroom instruction and training exercises, candidates learn to become leaders. Upon completion of OCS, they are commissioned as Army Second Lieutenants.

West Point is one of our country’s premier colleges. West Point cadets are immersed in military customs and traditions while working toward a college degree. Upon graduation, West Point cadets are commissioned as Army Second Lieutenants.

Interview Question – Requirements for becoming a Commissioned Officer vary based upon which path you choose.   Answer Question

Army Officer

I applied through other source and interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – Earned an ROTC Scholarship, after graduation, I started my career

Interview Question – A degree of uncertainty with the career field given to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negoatiations not practicale

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – Commissioned through ROTC process. Then I attended an Officer basic course to educate me in my specific field of service, then later I attended an intermediate advanced course to educated in the methods of leading a company of soldiers as well as how to accomplish basic staff planning and other work.

Interview Question – There was no interview process, but a four year program.   Answer Question

Army Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – A battery of tests, ACT score, GT Score, Physical Requirements, clean background, problem scenarios.

Interview Question – Would you be able to send Soldiers into combat knowing some may not make it back home alive?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Fresno, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at US Army in May 2009.

Interview Details – ROTC, 4 weeks of field training, and a few college classes is all that is required.

Interview Question – Are you willing to die for a cause you many not agree with?
They Army may be difficult on your marriage. Are you willing to take that chance?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase.

Army Officer

The process took 4+ months - interviewed at US Army in November 2009.

Interview Details – Becoming an Army Officer is challenging but not difficult, all courses are designed for you to succeed. OCS (officer candidate school) is the biggest hurtle consisting of Physical Conditioning, Military Academics, and leadership potential. One is graded and ranked with peers in the above category and is only selected is he or she passes all 3 functional areas according to Army Standards.

Interview Question – The most challenging part of being an Army Officer is handling stress and responsibility. The Army gives you near impossible tasks and expects it to be done on time and accurately. You must manage the time of others to accomplish goals and make the mission happen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you time it right you will be able to choose your duty location if there is vacancies. Many have very few assignments and go where the Army needs them.

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Army

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Army Army Officer interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Army employees and interview candidates.