US Army Company Commander Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Army (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

the process was pretty easy, had to attend a board and the questions were not that difficult. I prepared before the interview and got advice from other people. it went well and the board was understanding of the situation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Company Commander Interview

Interview

The hiring process differs in the Army compared to the civilian sector. Company Command is a necessity in order to advance to the next rank within the basic branches. Too often BN commanders evaluate the candidates based on their OERs, reputation, past performance, physical fitness, and year group. If a opening is available the candidate who is next in the seat, more often than not, will be selected. Once I was selected the BN Commander called me in his office for a basic meet and greet followed by a 3-mile run and 30 minute gym session the next mooring. He basically tested if I possessed the physical and mental fitness to lead his Soldiers.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult "I got you" question. I can't stress enough that Company Command is a necessity and approximately 80% of captains will be afford the opportunity to lead America's most valuable resource " The American Soldier".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Army (Newport News, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was very informal. They LTC wanted to get a feel for the type of person i am. What are my future goals and how they compare with unit I might command. The LTC spoke of different senarios and how i went about solving them.

Interview Questions

• What are you weaknesses? And what would you do to grow from them   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotations

Company Commander Interview

Interview

No interview process for most units. A common trend among Brigade Commanders (the leader who selects Company Commanders) is to have them first serve on the Brigade staff when they arrive to a unit out of their Captain's Career Course. There they will be assessed and selected for Command

Interview Questions

• As stated, no interview, just judged by your ability to work with others, accomplish tasks, and think creatively   Answer Question

Company Commander Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at US Army in February 2010.

Interview

This interview was to be selected for a company commander slot within an Aviation Brigade. The prescreening involved the ability to achieve Pilot-in-Command status. This process took several months but if you can build a solid reputation as a quality staff officer and comptent pilot with ability to make time to fly and boss who will support this then you will be ready to set up the interview. The interview with the Brigade Commander focus on leadship questions and general familiarity with ARs and SOPs.