US Army Corps of Engineers

42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Architect Interview

Architect

I applied online and interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted a month later to see if I was interested in a face to face interview (They reimbursed me for my flight and hotel stay). I had 2 people in my interview-my direct supervisor and the supervisor of another division that I would be working with. About a month after my interview I was given a tentative offer that was followed with a firm offer and I completed some initial paperwork. I applied for the job in mid May, interviewed in July, offered a job in August and started work at the end of September.

Interview Question – It was a typical architecture interview. They asked me about my construction and design experience and looked at my work portfolio. They had a list of questions that they asked each of the 3 people they interviewed. They didn't as me any behavioral interview questions but I have had that experience in other Corps interviews.   Answer Question

Law Office Clerk Interview

Law Office Clerk
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in June 2009.

Interview Details – Government: So they look at your background. It was about a 2 month process

Interview Question – Very behavioral   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview Details – Initial phone call- Went over basics of jobs and made sure still interested. In person interview - basically just confirmed that I would be happy in the position. Less than twenty minutes. Started the next week.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Biologist Interview

Biologist
Conway, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in April 2010.

Interview Details – Typically the interview is approximately 30 minutes. All of the interviewees are asked the same questions to make it fair and equitable. Typically a couple of the questions are about the job itself and your understanding of the regulatory authority by which the Regulatory Program operates. A tough one is explaining what the NEPA process is. Or discussing the difference between 404(b)(1) and NEPA. Discussing an alternatives analysis, discussing project scoping. There are personal questions as well such as "What makes you the best person for this job?" or "what are your strengths/weaknesses."

Interview Question – The question about NEPA and 404(b)(1) guideline differences was difficult because you either know if or you don't   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation regarding reporting for work is acceptable. I also negotiated to be able to work a more flexible schedule (9 hour days/9 days per pay period to get a three day weekend every other weekend). I have heard you might be able to negotiate to start at a higher step (within grade) and also have heard you might be able to negotiate to have your certificate renewals paid for, student loans paid off, and potentially future training and education paid for, if it suits the position. I did not ask for any of that.

Realty Specialist Interview

Realty Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview Details – Difficult. Because of hiring practices by the government, and me not fitting the preffered status I had to work as a contractor first, and then apply for federal status. Took three years. As far as the interview, I can not really state as I was targeted for some unique qualifications.

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview Details – I was hired on as a summer hire during college, wasn't an interview at all. They didn't ask me questions just showed me where my desk was.

Interview Question – There were no interview questions for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have one, was a summer hire.

Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Applications Systems Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

Interview Details – Was simple and easy, almost to easy. Applied online, received call less than 10 days later and conducted short telephone interview and setup personal interview at office. Few days latter received offer.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Soldier Interview

Soldier
Springfield, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in August 2009.

Interview Details – background check, drug test, MEPS Processing

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Pay grades are set organization-wide.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interview Details – Took about 3 weeks after making a referral list to be asked to interview. Interview was 45 min, 8 questions. No second interview. Had to call and ask the status, they dont seem to let you know if you don't get selected. Asked pretty general questions, want examples of specific projects, teamwork, leadership

Interview Question – How have you worked on difficult technical projects and how did you lead the team doing so? Describe the technical project.   Answer Question

Natural Resource Specialist (Park Ranger) Interview

Natural Resource Specialist (Park Ranger)
Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview Details – for me it went so smoothly, i let my work history speak for itself in my resume and created a usa jobs account and that was it

Interview Question – what experience did i have in dealing with people in stressful situations where you are going to outline the policies to gain their compliance with those said policies   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was really straight forward, the policies outline what the position starts at and has the potential to make in the future

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Army Corps of Engineers