US Army Corps of Engineers Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.5

Architect Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

I applied online and was contacted a month later to see if I was interested in a face to face interview (They reimbursed me for my flight and hotel stay). I had 2 people in my interview-my direct supervisor and the supervisor of another division that I would be working with. About a month after my interview I was given a tentative offer that was followed with a firm offer and I completed some initial paperwork. I applied for the job in mid May, interviewed in July, offered a job in August and started work at the end of September.

Interview Questions
    • It was a typical architecture interview. They asked me about my construction and design experience and looked at my work portfolio. They had a list of questions that they asked each of the 3 people they interviewed. They didn't as me any behavioral interview questions but I have had that experience in other Corps interviews.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Initial phone call- Went over basics of jobs and made sure still interested. In person interview - basically just confirmed that I would be happy in the position. Less than twenty minutes. Started the next week.

I didn't negotiate

Realty Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Difficult. Because of hiring practices by the government, and me not fitting the preffered status I had to work as a contractor first, and then apply for federal status. Took three years. As far as the interview, I can not really state as I was targeted for some unique qualifications.

Take it or leave it.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

I was hired on as a summer hire during college, wasn't an interview at all. They didn't ask me questions just showed me where my desk was.

Interview Questions
    I didn't have one, was a summer hire.

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in April 2013.

I discovered this position through the government job website- usajobs.gov. I then submitted my resume and all necessary documentation via that site, around 6-9 months prior to my desired starting date. After applying I received notification that my application was received via an automatic response email. After that, I received no communication of any sort from USACE, and I was yet to receive an official point of contact. I then received an email approximately a month before my desired starting date stating that I have been selected as qualified for this position and that I would have 48-72 hours to respond before they move to the next potential candidate. Very soon after I responded to indicate that I was indeed accepting this offer at the salary described in the previous email. Then I was bombarded with forms and security checks for the next couple weeks. After all of the needed forms and background checks were completed, an official contract was emailed to me to be signed and returned.

Interview Questions
    • Having to schedule an appointment with the state building in Pittsburgh, PA to get my fingerprints taken without assistance from USACE because I was not able to come to their office in person due to the fact I was at my college.   Answer Question
    The contract was set in stone- take it or leave it

Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Was simple and easy, almost to easy. Applied online, received call less than 10 days later and conducted short telephone interview and setup personal interview at office. Few days latter received offer.

N/A

Project Manager Interview

Took about 3 weeks after making a referral list to be asked to interview. Interview was 45 min, 8 questions. No second interview. Had to call and ask the status, they dont seem to let you know if you don't get selected. Asked pretty general questions, want examples of specific projects, teamwork, leadership

Interview Questions
    • How have you worked on difficult technical projects and how did you lead the team doing so? Describe the technical project.   Answer Question

Natural Resource Specialist (Park Ranger) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

for me it went so smoothly, i let my work history speak for itself in my resume and created a usa jobs account and that was it

Interview Questions
    • what experience did i have in dealing with people in stressful situations where you are going to outline the policies to gain their compliance with those said policies   View Answer
    it was really straight forward, the policies outline what the position starts at and has the potential to make in the future

Accounting Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in August 2012.

One panel interview, including Director, Deputy Director, and Supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview question. "your weakness, your strenghts, What do you do in negative situations? etc."   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millington, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millington, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in June 2012.

Structured interview in a conference room. Panel of five directors and executives taking turns asking questions. Following the interview I was asked to step out while the panel discussed my interview. Five to ten minutes later several of the interviewers came out and offered me a position. Following the interview I was given the details of the position, signed some papers, and was taken to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    No position or pay negotiation. Start date and work hours are negotiable.