US Army Corps of Engineers Interview Questions

2.5

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

I was hired on as a summer hire during college, wasn't an interview at all. They didn't ask me questions just showed me where my desk was.

Interview Questions
    I didn't have one, was a summer hire.

Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Was simple and easy, almost to easy. Applied online, received call less than 10 days later and conducted short telephone interview and setup personal interview at office. Few days latter received offer.

N/A

Soldier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in August 2009.

background check, drug test, MEPS Processing

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Pay grades are set organization-wide.

Project Manager Interview

Took about 3 weeks after making a referral list to be asked to interview. Interview was 45 min, 8 questions. No second interview. Had to call and ask the status, they dont seem to let you know if you don't get selected. Asked pretty general questions, want examples of specific projects, teamwork, leadership

Interview Questions
    • How have you worked on difficult technical projects and how did you lead the team doing so? Describe the technical project.   Answer Question

Natural Resource Specialist (Park Ranger) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

for me it went so smoothly, i let my work history speak for itself in my resume and created a usa jobs account and that was it

Interview Questions
    • what experience did i have in dealing with people in stressful situations where you are going to outline the policies to gain their compliance with those said policies   View Answer
    it was really straight forward, the policies outline what the position starts at and has the potential to make in the future

Realty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in June 2009.

The job process starts with the United States Government Employment website USAJobs. A resume is submitted and must go through a centralized processing center. If deemed qualified, the resume will be referred to the department that is seeking to hire. However, only the top 3 to 5 applicants will be forwarded. I was contacted for a phone interview based on my resume. The interview lasted approximately 1 hour. I was then contacted by HR to inquire if I wanted the position. Some paperwork had to be submitted and they paid for relocation. Some outstanding individuals but for the most part, I was underwhelmed by the quality of the workforce. The work culture is overwhelmed by a sense of entitlement and an overall feeling of mediocrity.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult work experience and explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Why do I want to work for the Corps of Engineers in New Orleans?   Answer Question
    N/A

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Millington, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millington, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in June 2012.

Structured interview in a conference room. Panel of five directors and executives taking turns asking questions. Following the interview I was asked to step out while the panel discussed my interview. Five to ten minutes later several of the interviewers came out and offered me a position. Following the interview I was given the details of the position, signed some papers, and was taken to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    No position or pay negotiation. Start date and work hours are negotiable.

Project Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in September 2010.

Applied for the job online. Was contacted via phone and offered a phone interview. The interview took place about a week later and lasted about an hour. There were two interviewers who asked about 10 questions in total. The interview questions were basic and boring. I did not rehearse, but the interviewers seemed impressed with my answers. I was contacted a few days later and informed that I had not been selected for the position I interviewed for, but was offered the same job at a lower pay grade. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    I did not consider myself in a position to negotiate. I needed the job in the location I interviewed for and was willing to take whatever was offered in order to move to Louisville.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in October 2011.

Very simple straightforward process. Found the job online and came in to meet the team and chatted about different kinds of projects they were working on. Supervisor asked a simple market sizing question and requested a writing sample. Received the offer a few days later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in November 2009.

Interviewed by the construction management division. It's a 3:1 interview, but they are super nice and casual. They basically just asked me to give detail info on the things that I've put on my resume (i.e.: if you mention about a course project on your resume, they would ask you what that project is about...). No technical problems, no writing test.