US Army Corps of Engineers

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers.

Interview Details – Took about 3 weeks after making a referral list to be asked to interview. Interview was 45 min, 8 questions. No second interview. Had to call and ask the status, they dont seem to let you know if you don't get selected. Asked pretty general questions, want examples of specific projects, teamwork, leadership

Interview Question – How have you worked on difficult technical projects and how did you lead the team doing so? Describe the technical project.   Answer Question

Project Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in November 2009.

Interview Details – Very formal process with 10 questions asked by the board president and the other 2 members grading the responses. There was no elaboration on the question nor any discussion after the answer was given. The entire process took about 45 minutes. My best advice I can give is read the job announcement very carefully and you can almost come up with the questions from the key words that are placed in the Job Description.

Interview Question – Describe the Governemnts role in Project Management   View Answer

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Army Corps of Engineers in April 2008.

Interview Details – I received an email forward from a friend. The email was sent to government employees. I sent my resume to the Human Resources manager in the email and she called me. I interviewed with her and the person who would be my supervisor over the telephone. After the two interviews, I was offered the position. They asked me about my resume and why I thought I would be a good project manager. I had examples of challenges I had encountered in the past and how I overcame them.

Interview Question – Tell me about a problem and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate a higher pay step, but I was unsuccessful.

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Army Corps of Engineers

Worked for US Army Corps of Engineers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Army Corps of Engineers Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Army Corps of Engineers employees and interview candidates.