US Army

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Newnan, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Army in April 2010.

Interview Details – Must be able to pass a drug test. Can not have outstanding felonies in your record. Must be able to pass a physical competency test. Will take a written exam to determine what jobs you may qualify for.

Interview Question – Will you have to kill someone.   View Answer

Multimedia Illustrator Interview

Multimedia Illustrator
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – Extensive background check. Rigorous tests - physical and mental. I met guys who had been planning to be in the Army their whole life who couldn't pass and get in for various reasons, mostly physical inadequacies.

Interview Question – Are you willing to die for your country?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Intensive, stressful. I had to stand my ground and make sure I was going to have a job that would benefit me and my country.

Training Instructor Interview

Training Instructor
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Army in February 2010.

Interview Details – You normally have to go through MEPS so they can check if you're psychically qualified and also take the placement to make sure you are able to pass the standard testing.

Interview Question – Basic training is the hardest you get and depends if you're being a combat support or not.   Answer Question

Satellite Network Controller Interview

Satellite Network Controller
Fort Gordon, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Army in August 2010.

Interview Details – There is no real interview process. You must have the MOS of 25S - Satellite Maintainer/Operator to be qualified for it and then get selected for the Satellite Network Controller ASI course 1C. You must then take and pass that twenty plus week long course which many people have difficulty with.

Interview Question – You must be able to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI.   Answer Question

Special Forces Interview

Special Forces
Fort Stewart, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Army in January 2009.

Interview Details – 3 week assessment after meeting basic qualifications. 1 in 3 are successful.

Soldier Interview

Soldier
Fort Benning, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 12 months - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – OSUT, Airborne, RIP, training cycle and deployment before you're accepted by unit.

Interview Question – Why are you so ugly?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Soldier Interview

Soldier
Augusta, GA

I interviewed at US Army in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of meeting with a recruiter who in turn will try to find a job suitable for you as well as meeting the needs of the army. Typical questions include use of drugs, felonies, or bad credit history. Fairly informal and pretty fast process depending upon your history.

Interview Question – Are you gay? Question not asked anymore.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiaion

15T2F UH-60 Maintainer Interview

15T2F UH-60 Maintainer
Kennesaw, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Army in November 2009.

Interview Details – You go to see a recruiter, take a aptitude and skills test, depending on your score and open slots a certain number of jobs will be open to you.

Interview Question – There really isn't much questioning going on. There are background checks, the ASVAB test, a urinalysis, and a lot of paperwork. Just make sure you decide what you want to do before you go in, and stick with it. Be stubborn and do not let them talk you into another job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very difficult they will try to funnel you very aggressively into the job they want you to fill, you just have to be aggressive right back, don't be afraid to walk out.

Very Easy Interview

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at US Army in October 2009.

Interview Details – US Army-ASFAB test

Interview Question – Just passing the test and physical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior Instructor Interview

Senior Instructor
Fort Benning, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Army in September 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring is easy. Medical physical, mental evaluation and Comprehensive examination. I had to have six years of experience before I was eligible for this position as senior instructor. The interview went like this" what experiences do you have" told them my experiences and then they asked what would I do if I could change anything about the course so I told them how I would improve the course and make it better.

The management was very professional and asked many questions to ensure that I was the right one for the job. I also asked many questions and was not given negative feedback for this rather I was given positive feedback because I was prepared to answer their questions and was able to ask follow up questions.

Interview Question – I was asked what would I do to improve the course and make it more comprehensive. for example I was asked specifically what subjects would I keep and which ones I would get rid of and why. Then when I would choose one I would be asked why I would keep it or get rid of it. and how this would impact the course over a five year period.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was negotiation phase the Army does not offer you anything like a civilian job does.

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Army

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Army interview questions and advice in Georgia. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Army employees and interview candidates.