US Army

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Army in December 2012.

Interview Details – Job fair type environment, must network in order to get information about job fairs, manager did interview. The manager seemed overwhelmed while doing interview he seemed professional but not professional at all. He only dress the part of a professional, but is a wolf in sheep's clothing

Interview Question – Is there something you are not telling us about that happened in the past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, offer was made and accepted

Director of Operations Interview

Director of Operations
Kaiserslautern (Germany)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Army in February 2011.

Interview Details – There were three interviews at three different levels of managment for being selected for this job. I had to talk with my immediate supervisor for permission to apply for the job. I had to speak with US Army Nurse Corps Headquarters to get permission to apply for the job. I was able to meet one on one with the hiring organization after getting permission from my chain of command.

Interview Question – Tell us why you think you are the best person for the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was more than willing to take the job as long as the organization understood my limitations of the amount of time I would be available to lead the organization. (2 years instead of the usual 3 years)

Commanding Officer Interview

Commanding Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – NONE - its still harder to join the Army as an enlisted member than going to college and the vast majority of Americans cannot even meet the minimum qualification to join regardless of education (criminal record, body weight, etc)

Interview Question – If attempting to be an officer:   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Combat Arms Interview

Combat Arms

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – Takes anywhere from a week to a month depending on your background and what job you are trying to do

Interview Question – The drugs question a lot of people lie till they have to pee in a cup   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No entry level

US Army Officer Interview

US Army Officer

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – There no interview process 99.9% of the time. You show up, and the unit leadership will put you in an open slot. If there are no open slots, you just work in a "staff" position and do busy work, wasting away taxpayer's money.

Interview Question – Do you want to be a platoon leader/company commander?   View Answer

army soldier Interview

army soldier

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – Recruiting Station and MEPS

Interview Question – Have your ever been in jail or prison?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online - interviewed at US Army in January 2012.

Interview Details – USAJOBS is the primary path for employment with the US Army in Stuttgart. The resumes are long, sometimes 10-15 pages, and the time from application to hire can take as long as five months.

Interview questions are NOT behavioral. Instead they test your knowledge about the position you are applying and some basic questions such as "tell me about yourself?" I applied for 20+ jobs, was found qualified for 18, received eight interviews and seven offers. All interviews follow the same script beginning with tell us about yourself. Remember you are going against transitioning military personnel who have never had an interview. Interviews ae 30-45 minutes via phone or panel.

Interview Question – How would you build a IAMD curriculum?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATION. You are Step 1.

Plans and Exercise Interview

Plans and Exercise
Wiesbaden (Germany)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Army in July 2009.

Interview Details – As a member of the United States Army, we Soldiers go to other duty stations and get postitioned based on our military occupation skill (MOS), our rank, and experience. We are primarly positioned based on these basic factors but there often be an actual interview process for highly technical jobs and depending on what office you are to support.

Interview Question – How many times have you deployed to Iraq in the past 3-4 years.   Answer Question

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!