US Army

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Commanding Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at US Army.

NONE - its still harder to join the Army as an enlisted member than going to college and the vast majority of Americans cannot even meet the minimum qualification to join regardless of education (criminal record, body weight, etc)

Combat Arms Interview

Takes anywhere from a week to a month depending on your background and what job you are trying to do

Interview Questions
    • The drugs question a lot of people lie till they have to pee in a cup   Answer Question
    No entry level

US Army Officer Interview

There no interview process 99.9% of the time. You show up, and the unit leadership will put you in an open slot. If there are no open slots, you just work in a "staff" position and do busy work, wasting away taxpayer's money.

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to be a platoon leader/company commander?   View Answer

army soldier Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Army.

Recruiting Station and MEPS

Interview Questions
    • Have your ever been in jail or prison?   View Answer

Line Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Army in December 2012.

Job fair type environment, must network in order to get information about job fairs, manager did interview. The manager seemed overwhelmed while doing interview he seemed professional but not professional at all. He only dress the part of a professional, but is a wolf in sheep's clothing

Interview Questions
    • Is there something you are not telling us about that happened in the past.   View Answer
    no negotiation, offer was made and accepted

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online – interviewed at US Army in January 2012.

USAJOBS is the primary path for employment with the US Army in Stuttgart. The resumes are long, sometimes 10-15 pages, and the time from application to hire can take as long as five months.

Interview questions are NOT behavioral. Instead they test your knowledge about the position you are applying and some basic questions such as "tell me about yourself?" I applied for 20+ jobs, was found qualified for 18, received eight interviews and seven offers. All interviews follow the same script beginning with tell us about yourself. Remember you are going against transitioning military personnel who have never had an interview. Interviews ae 30-45 minutes via phone or panel.

Interview Questions
    NO NEGOTIATION. You are Step 1.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kaiserslautern (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kaiserslautern (Germany)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Army in February 2011.

There were three interviews at three different levels of managment for being selected for this job. I had to talk with my immediate supervisor for permission to apply for the job. I had to speak with US Army Nurse Corps Headquarters to get permission to apply for the job. I was able to meet one on one with the hiring organization after getting permission from my chain of command.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why you think you are the best person for the job.   View Answer
    I was more than willing to take the job as long as the organization understood my limitations of the amount of time I would be available to lead the organization. (2 years instead of the usual 3 years)

Plans and Exercise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wiesbaden (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wiesbaden (Germany)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Army in July 2009.

As a member of the United States Army, we Soldiers go to other duty stations and get postitioned based on our military occupation skill (MOS), our rank, and experience. We are primarly positioned based on these basic factors but there often be an actual interview process for highly technical jobs and depending on what office you are to support.

Interview Questions
    • How many times have you deployed to Iraq in the past 3-4 years.   Answer Question