US Army

US Army Infantryman Interview Questions

1.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Infantryman Interview

Recruiter contacted me shortly after I took the ASVAB test. I signed up, went to MEPS and chose my job. Went to Basic training and began progressing through the ranks, some came fast some came slow.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, just pay scale

Other Interview Reviews for US Army

Infantryman Interview

There is not an interview persay. If you are physicaly, mentaly, and moraly qualified willing to accept a vacency you can join the Army.

You take what they have

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orchard, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orchard, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Army.

MEPS was poorly coordinated, which should have been a first clue about this organization. The recruiter was straight forward and told me exactly what I was getting into. He recommended signing a shorter contract, but I declined. He got me the Airborne school slot that I wanted, as well as a RIP slot. He also managed to get me a rather high signing bonus ($36,000; $20,000 'quick ship' and $16,000 'MOS') back in 2007.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about enlisting. The only thing that I can think of that others might have slight problems with is picking a job that they want to do; but if you're going into a new career, you should have a good idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Army.

If you are willing to sign away years of your life, and have a clean record, you're in. I joined in 2006 when if you had a pulse and were willing to sign away your life you were in, so I guess it's getting harder...

Interview Questions
    • You just take a test to determine your aptitude, then they give you a list of jobs you qualify for.   Answer Question
    There are set pay amounts for every rank and time in grade, no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Army.

Recruiter spiced up the job as he was trained, Salesy. He cut through the red tape to hide many disqualifiers during the screening process.

Swayed me toward low bonus due to my unique and dire situation. Reflecting back I could have gotten alot more initially. i.e. Bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Army in May 2010.

Go to your local recruiter and say you want to join, they will take you to your local MEPS to take the ASVAB which is like the SAT. How you score will allow for more job opportunities but if your want infantry don't worry the threshold for the job is low allow a lot of smart people still choose it, mainly for the action and danger. Then if all is said and done you will sign a contract and go to MEPS again for a physical and screening and then you swear your oath and its off to Sand Hill at Fort Benning GA. Where You Will Change.

Interview Questions
    • The ASVAB is not a difficult test but if you do want to study up on some math and reasoning skills.   Answer Question

Infantryman Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Army in August 2008.

Met with a recruiter. Took tests.