US Army

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me shortly after I took the ASVAB test. I signed up, went to MEPS and chose my job. Went to Basic training and began progressing through the ranks, some came fast some came slow.

Interview Question – No Questions, just pass the test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just pay scale

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Army in May 2010.

Interview Details – Go to your local recruiter and say you want to join, they will take you to your local MEPS to take the ASVAB which is like the SAT. How you score will allow for more job opportunities but if your want infantry don't worry the threshold for the job is low allow a lot of smart people still choose it, mainly for the action and danger. Then if all is said and done you will sign a contract and go to MEPS again for a physical and screening and then you swear your oath and its off to Sand Hill at Fort Benning GA. Where You Will Change.

Interview Question – The ASVAB is not a difficult test but if you do want to study up on some math and reasoning skills.   Answer Question

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – There is not an interview persay. If you are physicaly, mentaly, and moraly qualified willing to accept a vacency you can join the Army.

Negotiation Details – You take what they have

Port Orchard, WA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – MEPS was poorly coordinated, which should have been a first clue about this organization. The recruiter was straight forward and told me exactly what I was getting into. He recommended signing a shorter contract, but I declined. He got me the Airborne school slot that I wanted, as well as a RIP slot. He also managed to get me a rather high signing bonus ($36,000; $20,000 'quick ship' and $16,000 'MOS') back in 2007.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about enlisting. The only thing that I can think of that others might have slight problems with is picking a job that they want to do; but if you're going into a new career, you should have a good idea.   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – If you are willing to sign away years of your life, and have a clean record, you're in. I joined in 2006 when if you had a pulse and were willing to sign away your life you were in, so I guess it's getting harder...

Interview Question – You just take a test to determine your aptitude, then they give you a list of jobs you qualify for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are set pay amounts for every rank and time in grade, no negotiation.

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – Recruiter spiced up the job as he was trained, Salesy. He cut through the red tape to hide many disqualifiers during the screening process.

Negotiation Details – Swayed me toward low bonus due to my unique and dire situation. Reflecting back I could have gotten alot more initially. i.e. Bonus

Infantryman

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Army in August 2008.

Interview Details – Met with a recruiter. Took tests.

Interview Question – Didn't really have any hard questions   Answer Question

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!