US Army Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Combat Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Army (Ventura, CA).

Interview

They asked about my goals and where I wanted to be in the next 3-5 years. They wanted to identify what my short and long time goals were. They wanted to identify how the Army could help me reach my future goal of going to college.

Blackhawk Helicopter Maintainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Army (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Physical agility test, physical, apptitude test. Must pass a background check, no felonies, drug charges or domestic violence. Prior work history and education experience. I had to meet certain age requirements, physical requirements, had to meet marital and dependant criteria.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used illegal drugs, Have you ever had a migraine, Have you ever had a major or minor surgery   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was presented with all jobs that offered bonuses

Petroleum Supply Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Army (South Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with a Recruiter at my home, he discussed my preferences and requested an identification card and a proof of address. Then I took a skills test called the ASVAB (Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery) to identify my strengths and select a job I was suited for. The ASVAB is mathematics and English and general knowledge questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you use illegal drugs? Would I be willing to undergo a urine-analysis to test for illegal drugs Have you ever engaged in activity against the people and government of the United States? Have I ever being convicted of any crime or felony not including traffic tickets? Will you be willing to become a US citizen on completion of your training as a US Soldier?   1 Answer
    • Are you a US Citizen or legal alien (Green Card Holder)   1 Answer

Military Police Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Army.

Interview

talked to the recruiter and was shipped off in no time flat. need to go to meps for a physical prior to being selected, after that a few weeks at basic training and next thing you know you're sitting in the middle of the desert with a machine gun. Has got to be one of the greatest jobs on earth.

Interview Questions

• Would you have any difficulty killing terrorists? I said heck no, killing terrorists is what I was born to do.   Answer Question

Soldier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Army (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

There wasn't an interview. I walk into a to a recruiter station, met with a recruiter. I told him what job I was interested in and he informed me of the available jobs in the locations I was interested in. I took a test, met with my parents, took a physical. Once all that was accomplished I was admitted in to the military and went to basic training and advance individual training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the Army   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase

US Army E5 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Army (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

Board Question are given from a panel of senior Non-Commissioned Officers to test what you know. Test questions a derived from multiple areas of operation and can include the steps to take to improve a foxhole to when is it inappropriate to salute an officer. At times the board members may just want to see if you are nervous and ask you an "off the wall" question to see how you handle pressure. Confidence is key.

Interview Questions

• What is the Creed of the Non-Commissioned Officer   1 Answer

42A Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Army (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Go see your local recruiter; determine what job you are interested in; take the ASVAB test, hope you meet the minimum score required for the job you want; pass the medical screening; ship to basic training.

11B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Army (Brookfield, WI).

Interview

I meet with a recruiter my senior year of high school. My parents signed off, cause i was u der 18 at the time. They gave me a physical and made sure I didn't have a criminal past.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever committed a felony.   1 Answer

E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Army (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Signed a Contract after talking to a recruiter for a number of days. I took a drug test and IQ test, and then was offered my job selection. Entered the Armed Forces.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to fight and protect democracy?   1 Answer

Soldier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Army (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

No interview process--if you can score high enough on the ASFAB, pass a physical exam, and select a career field that has a need, you're in. The requirements and recruitment process for the US Army are public knowledge and can be found on the Army's website.

Interview Questions

• There is general character assessment. You have to disclose as to whether you are a drug user, your nationality, and various other pieces of information to determine if you are a viable candidate.   Answer Question