US Army

2.3

US Army Soldier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Army.

Complete the ASVAB, then speak to a recruiter but be knowledgeable about the opportunities available. Walk in the door armed with that knowledge and have an idea of what you want to do in the military. Don't expect that the recruiter is going to be completely open and present you with the "perfect job." There may be jobs that offer bonuses but they may not necessarily be the right fit for you. Don't accept it just because it offers a bonus, look for what will be interesting and satisfying. If you have education bring your transcripts and ensure that you get credit for that education. More education means higher rank and pay! If you have JROTC make sure to mention that as well for the same reason. There are hundreds of options available and you don't have to be a "hard charger" to necessarily fit into the Army. Also, start working on your pushups, situps, and 2 mile run time early, it will pay off for you in Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training!

Soldier Interview

pass the ASVAB and based on your score you get to select through certain jobs. You don't have to focus on the mechanical part of the asvab unless you want a job as a mechanic.

none negotiable

Combat Medic Interview

Very lengthy time consuming and stressful, it starts at the recruiter station where they do a ASAP test to determine your general aptitude, height and weight, physical fitness test criminal back ground check and everything is very detailed and they look at everything

None

Army Captain Interview

ROTC/Service Academy/OCS are the only ways you can become and officer in the united states army. If you enlist, you have the option to become an officer through a variety of different ways like Green to Gold or OCS training later on after basic training.

US Army Officer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at US Army.

Must have bachelor degree and no criminal record. Must be physically fit and willing to relocate around the world. Also must be willing to sacrifice personal time for work.

Interview Questions
    • No interview process. Must be physically fit an no criminal record.   Answer Question
    N/A

Officer In US Army Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at US Army.

physical fitness, ability to lead, learn and think on your feet, you have to have a college degree, and want to do this, its at least a 6 year commitment

Interview Questions
    depends on your performance in past and potential in the future

Veterinary Food Inspector Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Army.

Basic training and AIT was not easy. Be in shape physically and mentally. Do not (I repeat Do Not) become the crybaby or the soldier who thinks their parents can help them. It builds character, integrity, loyalty, and a host of other qualities that most people these days seem to lack.

None

O3 - Army - Captain Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at US Army.

There was no interview. You literally are unable to interview for the job. Once you are selected for CPT, you become a CPT. I suppose you can interview for a particular position. But that is all about networking. You need to start that as soon as possible--as a LT if possible.

There was no negotiation

Maintenance Test Pilot Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Army.

Join the Army through a Recruiter at your local recruiting station. Don't lie about your passed history, they will find out. The Army is more than a job, it is a full time commitment.

US Army Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Army.

I was a member of the 'Blue to Green' inter-service active duty transfer program in 2008 from the United States Air Force. After 6 months of an application process started in March of 2008, I was transferred from active duty US Air Force to active duty US Army.

Interview Questions
    • The Army is full of control freaks with inter-personal skills no greater than the average door knob. There will be a lot of unexpected questions about your personal life and whether or not you have seen enough combat to warrant certain medical conditions. In the last two years, I have never seen an overall organization so unprofessional in my entire 16 years in the military.   View Answer
    There was not much of a negotiation phase. I had wanted to continue my active duty career so that one day that I might be eligible to retire. I was only half way to that 20-year goal. The Army provided me an opportunity to transfer to help reach that goal, and I took it. They gave me roughly a $10,000 transfer bonus in 2008.