US Army Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.2

Private Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

You find the nearest recruitment center. Go in, complete a practice ASVAB. They'll get an idea. Then they'll take you for the actual ASVAB. If you do well enough they'll tell you want jobs are available. Best to apply at the beginning of a Fiscal year I believe (Oct.).

Battalion Commander Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Human resources process selects individual. Individual then conducts a set of interview and screenings in order to ensure that he / she fits with the unit he is to be assigned to.

Interview Questions

• How will you balance your work and life based on the demanding requirements?   Answer Question

Special Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Long process physical and mental. Field time to include board and team building experiences. Adaptability and unknowns. There are many steps, paper selection, in person interview and selection. Then a long training process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Based on your ASVAB score, you choose a career path that is best for you needs and wants. The Army can help you achieve your goal in any field. This will allow you to serve your time for your country and teach you a new valuable skill in the process.

Infantryman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

There is no interview process. As long as an individual passess the required examinations and tests, medical and otherwise, they are in. I had to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, provide my medical records, and submit to a medical review where I was required to disrobe. I had to answer all questions honestly and sign my enlistment documents and then I was committed.

Interview Questions

• How long do you want to serve?   1 Answer

US Army Officer Interview

Interview

There is no interview process. You need to attend specialize school and have a college degree. You need to attend training based on what your speciality will be in the Army. After the training you will report to your first unit.

Soldier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Very friendly and willing to help. Full of information about what to expect. They sit with you one on one and talk to you on a more personal level to further understand what you are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Asked about background, what I wanted out of it, and school   Answer Question

US Army Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I had a buddy that asked if I wanted to do the buddy system. We both went through the same recruiter and went to take a tests together. We did physicals and then she ended up being pregnant. Because I had already signed, I flew solo from there. The recruiters were very pushy when it came to picking my MOS in a hurry. I really wanted PsyOps and they said there was no openings. I ended taking a large sign in bonus to be a food service worker. Which was awful, I didn't know how to cook, so this was interesting. Overall, I wish I had gone PsyOps. But no regrets, as I met my husband in Germany and enjoy my family and where we've been through the military. Just don't let them fool you or trick you or butter you up to be something less. That's my advice.

Interview Questions

• Many recruiters will try to get you signed up first thing, but make sure you take a while and determine it's right for you. Maybe an alternate branch will have the same job, but the quality of living will be better or they may be able to provide you close to home or where you want to be located. Don't give in to them hurrying you up to make a choice.   Answer Question

Infantryman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Very cut and clear process. Be honest and open with the recruiters about your past. Come with all documents needed to process such as medical documents, court dockets, source documents, etc..

Mp Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Met with recruiter on options. Then i was scheduled for the ASVAB test. Once complete, was processed at the MEPS station before basic training. Push-up, Sit-Up, 2 mile run timed event before becoming a Soldier.