US Army

577 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Operations Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Army in June 2012.

Interview Details – Notification initially came through email. interview was scheduled through phone. process too over 4 months. interview was a panel of five personnel. questions were most related to position skills asked in the application process.

Interview Question – what question do you have for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really

SF Officer Interview

SF Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at US Army in October 2010.

Interview Details – Not easy. Be agile, physically fit and mentally strong.
This is much more than a job or career. This more like a 'way of life'.
Wish you the very best...its absolutely worth all the pain.
Nobody makes it across to the other side...and then says...oh, no thanks.
It is that good.
Wish you the best...prepare yourself...its awesome.

Interview Question – Will you ever quit?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation with the US Army.

Company Commander Interview

Company Commander

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – The hiring process differs in the Army compared to the civilian sector. Company Command is a necessity in order to advance to the next rank within the basic branches. Too often BN commanders evaluate the candidates based on their OERs, reputation, past performance, physical fitness, and year group. If a opening is available the candidate who is next in the seat, more often than not, will be selected. Once I was selected the BN Commander called me in his office for a basic meet and greet followed by a 3-mile run and 30 minute gym session the next mooring. He basically tested if I possessed the physical and mental fitness to lead his Soldiers.

Interview Question – There were no difficult "I got you" question. I can't stress enough that Company Command is a necessity and approximately 80% of captains will be afford the opportunity to lead America's most valuable resource " The American Soldier".   Answer Question

Captain Interview

Captain

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – USMA, ROTC, OCS rigorous, get in shape, don't be fat. If you apply for any of these programs make sure you are complete on your applications. If you lie on anything they will find out and you will not like the consequences. Good luck.

Interview Question – What feeling do you have when you are forced to kill the enemy? The recoil of your M4 rifle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The US Army does not negotiate.

US Army Officer Interview

US Army Officer

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – Your information packet goes through a selection board process. Initial interview consist of 3 senior officer board members asking typical leadership questions. Your selection or denial will be informed as soon as the board members calculate their votes.

Interview Question – None, most questions were related to leadership, decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The Army has very standard position, pay, benefits, etc.

US Army Interview

US Army

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – no interview was required. you go to your states meps station and take a test. then you get a physical to check if you are fit for military service. Then you perform the oath of enlistment. then you are put on a bus to go to basic training. where you are the fitted for your uniforms. then you start training

Interview Question – no interview   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Cook

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Army in February 2010.

Interview Details – Make sure that you let them know everything about you. Make sure that you put everything on the table when asked. You will be asked to take the ASVAB, which is a test that lets the military know your abilities.

Interview Question – Do you or have you ever took any illegal drugs?   Answer Question

15T Interview

15T
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at US Army in August 2010.

Interview Details – MEPS, BCT, IAT long process and signing up takes a while. Ensure that you have all paper work ready to include all personal information that will be needed in the MEPS process. Pick the job that you want if they do not have do not settle as this will just cause you to be un happy during your term of service. Ensure that prepare for the BCT and theat you are physically fit.

Interview Question – Deployments away from family   Answer Question

Defense Travel Systems Administrator Interview

Defense Travel Systems Administrator

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Army in January 2013.

Interview Details – There is little to no interviewing that goes on in the military. If the leadership decides that you are best fit for a position, that will become your new job. This means that the judgement of senior leaders determines the quality of the workers. There isnt really much else to say other than the fact that I was forced into a job that required me to work for people who were less qualified than myself.

Interview Question – There were no questions involved in their decision   Answer Question

91L Interview

91L
Albany, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – The recruiter came to my home, and administered a 1:1 interview. That briefly followed up by a personal aptitude assessment. From there, the next two weeks included trips to Albany MEPS for physical assessments, check-ups and vaccinations.

Interview Question – None too difficult to answer. None of the questions were personal   Answer Question

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!