US Army Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.2

42A Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Go see your local recruiter; determine what job you are interested in; take the ASVAB test, hope you meet the minimum score required for the job you want; pass the medical screening; ship to basic training.

11B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Brookfield, WI).

Interview

I meet with a recruiter my senior year of high school. My parents signed off, cause i was u der 18 at the time. They gave me a physical and made sure I didn't have a criminal past.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever committed a felony.   1 Answer

US Army Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Lakes, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Great Lakes, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

There is a long application packet. People make it out to seem harder than it is but it is really just paperwork. You will need a reference for every place you have lived and worked. You need three letters of recommendation. If your relatives were born in a different country you will need either their citizenship document or copies of their green cards. You will need to write a personal statement. It's good to be honest, just don't put "I want to do this for the benefits or the pay." Once your packet is in you will have to go to MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station). Here they will check your hearing, vision, blood and give you a drug test. It is best to not say much and answer no to pretty much everything. Saying yes to something will extend your process. They will also make you do some physical maneuvers in your underwear so wear something less revealing. You have to run two miles under 18 minutes, do at least 18 pushups in two minutes and 60 crunches in two minutes. If you are overweight (depending on your height and age) you may still go through with your BMI. Your recruiter is supposed to give you a ride everywhere you need to go. They should not be texting you after 6pm. Especially if you are a female and your recruiter is a male, you should never be alone with your recruiter of the opposite sex for extended periods of time or for meetings. The board will basically ask you why you want to do this. It's OK to reiterate your personal statement. It is good to relax and be yourself but maintain professionalism. If you don't say much they will ask you more questions from the list. They will ask about your previous leadership experiences. They will ask what job you want and why.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you acted in a leadership position.   Answer Question

E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Signed a Contract after talking to a recruiter for a number of days. I took a drug test and IQ test, and then was offered my job selection. Entered the Armed Forces.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to fight and protect democracy?   1 Answer

Soldier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

No interview process--if you can score high enough on the ASFAB, pass a physical exam, and select a career field that has a need, you're in. The requirements and recruitment process for the US Army are public knowledge and can be found on the Army's website.

Interview Questions

• There is general character assessment. You have to disclose as to whether you are a drug user, your nationality, and various other pieces of information to determine if you are a viable candidate.   Answer Question

Logistics Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Army (San Juan, PR).

Interview

Please review all the logistics credentials and experienced related to the logistical field within a large organization. Verify all training related to the field. In addition review and validate all combat experience of the individual in relationship to the job description or job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Do you posses the skill and the knowledge to lead a large organization.   1 Answer

Signal Support Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Fort Smith, AR).

Interview

You walk in talk to the recruiter and he asks what do you enjoy doing. He assures you that he has a job that you will absolutely love. He then starts asking you questions as he is setting up your pre-screen test known as the ASVAB. Once he has that set up he will have you sit down and take a pre eligibility test. If you pass it then he will start the application process where he will do a DL and Arrest record check.

Interview Questions

• can you pass a physical fitness test? Can you pass a drug test today?   1 Answer

Special Forces Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Go to the Armed Forces Career Center; take the ASVAB; tell the recruiter what type of career field in which you would like to train. Attend Initial Entry Training (Basic Training) followed by Advanced Individual Training and then report to your duty station.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done illegal drugs? what is your experience and work background? how long would you commit to service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't one.

Soldier Interview

Interview

None, for positions not requiring a security clearance, an individual just need the ability to clear basic background check, without a severe criminal record. For jobs requiring a security clearance, you need to have a clean background, no criminal record or major financial issues.

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Army (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

People call you for an interview, you show up present yourself professionally and answer all questions to the fullest of your knowledge. Always respond with yes sir or ma'am or no sir or ma'am unless told other wise to show respect. Don't ever chew gum or have anything in your mouth while being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been an operator?   1 Answer