US Army

589 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Defense Travel Systems Administrator Interview

Defense Travel Systems Administrator

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Army in January 2013.

Interview Details – There is little to no interviewing that goes on in the military. If the leadership decides that you are best fit for a position, that will become your new job. This means that the judgement of senior leaders determines the quality of the workers. There isnt really much else to say other than the fact that I was forced into a job that required me to work for people who were less qualified than myself.

Interview Question – There were no questions involved in their decision   Answer Question

91L Interview

91L
Albany, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – The recruiter came to my home, and administered a 1:1 interview. That briefly followed up by a personal aptitude assessment. From there, the next two weeks included trips to Albany MEPS for physical assessments, check-ups and vaccinations.

Interview Question – None too difficult to answer. None of the questions were personal   Answer Question

Scout Platoon Leader Interview

Scout Platoon Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – OCS Board Interview: Scenario based questions at board interview with attempts to judge how you would act as a leader. The members of the board ask about how your current experience will translate to being a leader and why you are willing to join as opposed to pursuing a civilian career.

Interview Question – We don't want to go on a dangerous patrol, you have to convince us to go along with the mission.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

O3 - Army - Captain Interview

O3 - Army - Captain

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – Received ROTC Scholarship, do well so that you can go to college for free. You will not learn much until you commission as an officer and get on the job training.

Interview Question – What are you going to do after the military.   View Answer

Any Position Interview

Any Position
Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Army in March 2010.

Interview Details – Walk into a recruiter office with no knowledge, walk out with very little information, but the skills and training happens once you're out training. Basic training takes about 9 weeks (if you survive), and then you get your technical training, ranging from 4 months to 1+ year.

Interview Question – What do you expect from this experience?   View Answer

Animal Care Technician Interview

Animal Care Technician
Fort Dix, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at US Army in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple. I put in my resume and application to USAJobs.com. Got the call for an interview and then the lengthy process began. The time it takes to get a new employee processed in is a little too long but there is an understanding as to why the process is there in the first place.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions for this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. Due to my background, I knew I would only get the minimum allowed.

Information Systems Manager Interview

Information Systems Manager

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – .

Applying for a federal career in the same fashion that you would apply for a private-sector job is not going to get you very far. There are some stark differences between the public and private sector, and that includes the way you submit a resume and application for a federal jo

Platoon Leader Interview

Platoon Leader
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Army in January 2010.

Interview Details – You have to go to a MEPS station first from there you go through a medical screening. Then you are sent off to basic training for 8 weeks upon graduation you are then sent to AIT to attain your job field. After you have been certified in your career field you then go to your first duty station and that is when your military career truly begins.

Negotiation Details – Easy

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
New Cumberland, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – Performed integrated supply management for general supplies at echelons
above brigade level to facilitate logistical support of all units.
Supported the program manager in the performance of logistics technical
analysis. This includes the review of logistics policy and guidance,
development of logistics support plans, and providing input to other
acquisition milestone documentation. Logistics Specialists will provide
support and logistics expertise to logistics strategic planning efforts and business process re-engineering efforts.

Retrieved, printed, and distributed supply reports required by the
Commanders, Fleet Managers and Maintenance Analysts. Reviewed supply
performance statistics, researched and evaluated trends, and presented
suggestions on ways of improvement. Assisted in conducting technical
analysis such as capacity planning, warehousing analysis, and
transportation analysis. Logistics Specialists will assist in the conduct of system design alternatives analysis and other logistics analyses. Worked with assigned military work force, and helped assimilate them into executing materiel management in support of the DMMC mission. Prepared research documents as required. In-depth knowledge and experience with SARSS-2AC/B, LIW (to include ILAP, Enhanced Dollar Cost Banding (EDCB), LID-B, FEDLOG, RPA) and WEBVLIPS.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Base Operations Supervisor Interview

Base Operations Supervisor
Fort Leonard Wood, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Army in June 2010.

Interview Details – Great interview. The panel was fair and asked relevant questions that apply to the position. The selection process was competetive and fair. The personality test and the skills examination were relevant. The skills are required for the position.

Interview Question – Standard questions about strengths and weaknesses as well as questions about experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The position description and job announcement were direct. There were no negotiations.