US Army Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.2

Logistics Management Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Army.

Interview

Pretty basic and forthright. They knew they were going to hire me beforehand, which is the case with most Government jobs in this Command. The most important part of this process is your resume. You can't spend enough time perfecting it. Also, knowing someone high up in the food chain helps immensely. Remember that you can negotiate salary, so don't settle for a step 1.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my expertise and experience.   1 Answer

U S Army Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Army (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

All you have to do is be qualified and you will get a job. Make sure you take in all appropriate paper work. If you gave been out of school for a while you might need to go to your local library and get an ASVAB study guide. The results from that test will determine the jobs you will be qualified for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done drugs, ever been convicted of a crime... Very typical things   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Soldier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Army (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There is a limited interview process for joining the Army. A quick and simple questionnaire. The entire process is fairly simple and not very intrusive. I would recommend visiting your local recruiter at your earliest opportunity to schedule an interview

Interview Questions

• Have you been convicted of a crime?   1 Answer

Army Officer Interview

Interview

Centralized Board process where interviewee's records are scrutinized and career field is selected. Interviewee provides a list of five preferred career fields. Career is determined by the needs of the Army at the time of submission.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become an officer?   1 Answer

E4 - Army - Specialist/Corporal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at US Army (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter after I left college. He offered a bunch of different jobs and referred me to take the ASVAB. Took the test, a week later he informed me of all the jobs I qualified for. Took a physical ability test (run, pushups, situps), did a background check, conducted a full-blown physical and drug test, and then I was good to go.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been affiliated with any antigovernment organizations?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Army (Newark, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Was able to fully assess my skills over the phone. Interview felted rushed. Was not fuller clear on the job requirements which were very broad. Interview did not seem qualified to interview for the position being offered. No follow up. Face to face interviews are best for me and serve a better purpose,

Interview Questions

• How years of experience do you have as a manger?   1 Answer

88 M Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Army.

Interview

See your local Army recruiter. Go thought a height and weight process. Then take a test called the ASVAB. Then take a physical and talk to a counselor to pick a job. Then wait for several weeks to go to training. Training was about 16 weeks long. Then went to my first duty station.

Air Mission Commander Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Interview was in front of a board of leadership. The questions were mainly scenario based questions for the most part to judge decision making. I need to write more words, because apparently 30 is the cutoff, so here are more words describing the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Question about weather you leave troops on the ground in need of support if you're low on fuel or poor weather is rolling in.   1 Answer

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Army (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

You take a test. They see what your scores are and base your job of that. Then the fun starts. Lots of red tape and medical,back ground, etc. Then the contract. Sign to service. Not for kids! Or adults that think they are.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of others and not yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non. You get a choice you take it or leave it.

Army Aviator/Helicopter Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Rucker, AL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at US Army (Fort Rucker, AL).

Interview

Submitted required forms and paperwork in packet form to a selection board, who in turn made the determination if I qualified for the position. No formal interview was conducted. After the convening board received all the applicant packets by their set deadline date, they scrutinized all the packets. Then in an official military personnel (MILPER) message, approximately two months later, they published the results of who was qualified/ selected, and who was qualified/ non-selected. For the hopeful candidates that were deemed qualified/ non-selected, their packets were automatically resubmitted for the next convening board.

Interview Questions

• No questions were formally asked. There was a flight aptitude test that had to be taken among other things, that had technical questions, aviation and non-aviation specific questions, and two forms of psychological profiling tests included within it.   1 Answer