US Army Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.3

Soldier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Army.

Find your local US ARMED FORCES RECRUITING station walk in and prepare to be ignored, with the draw down now you're most likely not gonna get in. You're either some kid flunking high school or a hoodlum. But if you're so lucky to get past the initial screening get ready for a boatload of paper work. Go to Michaels and have a stamp of your initials and signature made because you'll be using it often.

Interview Questions
    • Well when I joined they asked if you were gay or did drugs but I don't believe they can ask that any more...but they'll find it out any way. Be prepared to have your entire financial record delved into. Gonna screw most of you I bet   View Answers (2)

Chaplain Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Army.

I had to go though a five year process as a Chaplain Candidate. Due to my age I had to obtain a 90 hr. degree in two years. I went from a Warrant Officer two and commissioned as a 2LT Candidate in order to become a Chaplain.

Interview Questions
    • I had to write a paper on why I wanted to be a Chaplain. I had to interview with a Senior Chaplain.   Answer Question
    I had to finish my Masters in Divinity, and be ordained, and go submit a packet.

Food Service Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Army.

Went to a recruiting station, said wanted to join...filled out some paperwork, got background checks done, pretty staightforward and a hold your hand along the way kind of deal (they wanted people back then)

not much to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Army.

No interview. Just meet the requirements for entry. Beware the recruiter. They may not always be completely forthcoming. They have a quota to meet and may stead you in a direction they need you not necessarily what u want.

Interview Questions
    • Just the standard questions about education level and Health. You will go have a comprehensive physical. Cannot be too overweight. Will question police record and past drug usage.   Answer Question
    No negotiation other than incoming rank dependsnts in level of education.

E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at US Army.

The board to be promoted to Staff Sergeant can be as difficult as your leadership allows it to be. It is designed to test the knowledge and capability of the leader, and, depending on leadership, test the leader on how they personally handle stress. From my experience as a scout, my boards have been lengthy processes. Though most of it was focused on my knowledge in my MOS, a good amount of the time was spent heckling and harassing me to see if I would break.

Interview Questions
    • What would be one negative point that your supervisor would recommend you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Military Police Sergeant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at US Army.

it will all be different based on the recruiter. listen to everything he/she says. your contract is your future. it can be good or it can be bad. you need to ask for what you want and make sure it is in your contract. at the end of it ,they will go over everything again. just be sure you pay close attention before you sign that contact.

Nurse Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Army.

Extremely long and drawn out. Took more than 4 months to finally get a start date. It took forever to have the background check completed. Once notified I then had to go through a major inprocessing routine with security, drug screening, finger printing etc.

Interview Questions
    • Situational scenario with racial overtones involving a disgruntled patient.   Answer Question
    No-negotiable, set salary.

US Army Soldier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Army.

Complete the ASVAB, then speak to a recruiter but be knowledgeable about the opportunities available. Walk in the door armed with that knowledge and have an idea of what you want to do in the military. Don't expect that the recruiter is going to be completely open and present you with the "perfect job." There may be jobs that offer bonuses but they may not necessarily be the right fit for you. Don't accept it just because it offers a bonus, look for what will be interesting and satisfying. If you have education bring your transcripts and ensure that you get credit for that education. More education means higher rank and pay! If you have JROTC make sure to mention that as well for the same reason. There are hundreds of options available and you don't have to be a "hard charger" to necessarily fit into the Army. Also, start working on your pushups, situps, and 2 mile run time early, it will pay off for you in Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training!

Soldier Interview

pass the ASVAB and based on your score you get to select through certain jobs. You don't have to focus on the mechanical part of the asvab unless you want a job as a mechanic.

none negotiable

Combat Medic Interview

Very lengthy time consuming and stressful, it starts at the recruiter station where they do a ASAP test to determine your general aptitude, height and weight, physical fitness test criminal back ground check and everything is very detailed and they look at everything

None