US Army

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Management Specialist Interview

Logistics Management Specialist
Fort Campbell, KY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Army in March 2013.

Interview Details – Application accepted no interview needed. Just had to pass the ASVAB test to meet job qualification. Once test scores came back I was able to choose from a list of jobs

Interview Question – getting paper work straight was the most difficult part   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rank was not negotiable

35M Interview

35M

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – The Hiring and Interview process is really not very complicated. The first step is to go to your local U.S. Army Recruiting Office and talk to the recruiters there. Talk to the Army National Guard Recruiter, Army Reserve Recruiter, and the Active Duty Army Recruiter. They will all want you to join their part of the organization so you just have to decide what you want and see what they have to offer you. Take the ASVAB to get a score to determine what job you are proficient for. Once you have a score you will know what jobs you can "apply" for. Pick your job, sign your papers, and you are hired!

Interview Question – The most difficult question they are going to ask you is about your criminal history. Don't lie about it because they will find out regardless. If you have no criminal history then you will have no problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I signed got a $2000 enlistment bonus plus the Student Loan Repayment Program.

Very Easy Interview

Quality Control Technical Inspector Interview

Quality Control Technical Inspector
Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – United States Army Basic Training (also known as Initial Entry Training or IET)[1] is the program of physical and mental training required in order for an individual to become a soldier in the United States Army, United States Army Reserve, or Army National Guard. It is carried out at several different Army posts around the United States. Basic Training is designed to be highly intense and challenging. The challenge comes as much from the difficulty of physical training as it does from the required quick psychological adjustment to an unfamiliar way of life.

Basic Training is divided into two parts: Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training.

Basic Combat Training (BCT) consists of the first ten weeks of the total Basic Training period,[2] and is identical for all Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard recruits. This is where individuals learn about the fundamentals of being a soldier, from combat techniques to the proper way to address a superior. BCT is also where individuals undergo rigorous physical training to prepare their bodies and their minds for the eventual physical and mental strain of combat. One of the most difficult and essential lessons learned in BCT is self-discipline, as it introduces prospective soldiers to a strict daily schedule that entails many duties and high expectations for which most civilians are not immediately ready.

Advanced Individual Training (AIT) consists of the remainder of the total Basic Training period, and is where recruits train in the specifics of their chosen field. As such, AIT is different for each available Army career path, or Military Occupational Specialty (MOS). For example, if an individual has an MOS of Human Intelligence Collector, they would be sent, following completion of BCT, to the Intelligence School at Fort Huachuca in Sierra Vista, Arizona. If an individual instead had the MOS of Army medic, they would be sent, after BCT, to the Army Medical Department School at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas. AIT courses can last anywhere from 6 to 52 weeks. Although many AIT schools don't center around combat the way BCT does, individuals are still continually tested for physical fitness and weapons proficiency, and upon MOS, may be subject to the same duties, strict daily schedule, and disciplinary rules as in BCT.

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Maintenance Mechanic
Fort Dix, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at US Army in September 2010.

Interview Details – There isn't really a hiring interview process to get in the Army, basically be somewhat healthy, pass the Aptitude test, the higher the score the more opportunities available. If you can go through all that, then you're in.

Interview Question – Have smoked pot in the last two weeks?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Chose my occupation, and accepted the GI Bill.

Combat Medic Interview

Combat Medic

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – The interview process is not like any other job. The US Army will delve much deeper into your life, especially if you are seeking a security clearance. You will begin by meeting with a local recruiter. Once you've met with the recruiter, ensured you meet basic requirements, you will be sent to a Military Entrance Processing Site to take an aptitude test. Your job selection will be based on your scores.

Interview Question – No specific question, but the overall process is very personal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Paid by rank.

25S - Satellite Communications Systems Operator/Maintainer Interview

25S - Satellite Communications Systems Operator/Maintainer
Jacksonville, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at US Army in October 2011.

Interview Details – Speaking to the recruiter was very easy and straight forward when I came into the office prepared and serious about joining. My recruiter told me that he can tell when people just come in because their parents make them and when someone is serious about joining. If you're serious about joining, be honest and prepared. During the secuirty process for a clearance, some people say to lie so it looks better. I personally did not, as recent security violations are making the federal government crack down on lies during the process.

Interview Question – Have you done drugs? - Most recruiters want this answered with a no, so the paperwork is easier. It is possible to get a security clearance when you answer yes. You have to be honest and straightforward with the recuiter and during the security interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only real negotiation you have with the Army is your job. Speak to the career manager at the recruiting processing station and see what is available. At the time of my enlistment, I had many options, from length of contract to what benefits I had, even when I left. Pay attention and ask questions.

Infantryman Interview

Infantryman

Interviewed at US Army

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me shortly after I took the ASVAB test. I signed up, went to MEPS and chose my job. Went to Basic training and began progressing through the ranks, some came fast some came slow.

Interview Question – No Questions, just pass the test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just pay scale

Soldier Interview

Soldier
Murray, KY

I interviewed at US Army in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview, prescreen, MEPS, and National Guard Armory they will then send you back to the MEPs station where you will undergo medical and psychological screenings. there's nothing else I can say. It's either you interviewed well and passed preliminary and final screenings and enter into service or not.

Interview Question – Are you a concientious objector   View Answer

Platoon Leader Interview

Platoon Leader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – Candidate has to go through West Point, Junior Military Colleges, ROTC or OCS. Once candidate fulfill their requirements for commissioning, they will start off as 2nd LTs. Once candidate fulfill their requirements for commissioning, they will start off as 2nd LTs.

Interview Question – Can you lead?   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Budget Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – Applied for position using USAJOBS web site. A panel of candidates is screened and evaluted using a the gauge the candidates resumen. The look for keywords in the resume. Selectee is called and an offer is tendered.

Interview Question – Army annual budget.   Answer Question