US Army Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.3

Scout Platoon Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 months - interviewed at US Army.

OCS Board Interview: Scenario based questions at board interview with attempts to judge how you would act as a leader. The members of the board ask about how your current experience will translate to being a leader and why you are willing to join as opposed to pursuing a civilian career.

Interview Questions
    • We don't want to go on a dangerous patrol, you have to convince us to go along with the mission.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Information Systems Manager Interview

Applying for a federal career in the same fashion that you would apply for a private-sector job is not going to get you very far. There are some stark differences between the public and private sector, and that includes the way you submit a resume and application for a federal jo

O3 - Army - Captain Interview

Received ROTC Scholarship, do well so that you can go to college for free. You will not learn much until you commission as an officer and get on the job training.

Interview Questions
    • What are you going to do after the military.   View Answer

Any Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Army in March 2010.

Walk into a recruiter office with no knowledge, walk out with very little information, but the skills and training happens once you're out training. Basic training takes about 9 weeks (if you survive), and then you get your technical training, ranging from 4 months to 1+ year.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect from this experience?   View Answer

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Dix, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Dix, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at US Army in March 2013.

The interview process was simple. I put in my resume and application to USAJobs.com. Got the call for an interview and then the lengthy process began. The time it takes to get a new employee processed in is a little too long but there is an understanding as to why the process is there in the first place.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase. Due to my background, I knew I would only get the minimum allowed.

Platoon Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Army in January 2010.

You have to go to a MEPS station first from there you go through a medical screening. Then you are sent off to basic training for 8 weeks upon graduation you are then sent to AIT to attain your job field. After you have been certified in your career field you then go to your first duty station and that is when your military career truly begins.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Cumberland, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Cumberland, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Army.

Performed integrated supply management for general supplies at echelons
    above brigade level to facilitate logistical support of all units.
    Supported the program manager in the performance of logistics technical
    analysis. This includes the review of logistics policy and guidance,
    development of logistics support plans, and providing input to other
    acquisition milestone documentation. Logistics Specialists will provide
    support and logistics expertise to logistics strategic planning efforts and business process re-engineering efforts.

Retrieved, printed, and distributed supply reports required by the
    Commanders, Fleet Managers and Maintenance Analysts. Reviewed supply
    performance statistics, researched and evaluated trends, and presented
    suggestions on ways of improvement. Assisted in conducting technical
    analysis such as capacity planning, warehousing analysis, and
    transportation analysis. Logistics Specialists will assist in the conduct of system design alternatives analysis and other logistics analyses. Worked with assigned military work force, and helped assimilate them into executing materiel management in support of the DMMC mission. Prepared research documents as required. In-depth knowledge and experience with SARSS-2AC/B, LIW (to include ILAP, Enhanced Dollar Cost Banding (EDCB), LID-B, FEDLOG, RPA) and WEBVLIPS.

n/a

Base Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Leonard Wood, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Leonard Wood, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Army in June 2010.

Great interview. The panel was fair and asked relevant questions that apply to the position. The selection process was competetive and fair. The personality test and the skills examination were relevant. The skills are required for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about strengths and weaknesses as well as questions about experience.   View Answer
    The position description and job announcement were direct. There were no negotiations.

Soldier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Army.

Thorough background, health, and drug screening. Some recruiters help new recruits pick the best jobs suited to them. Some recruiters are just meeting quotas. My recruiter was very honest about his experiences and guided me to a job more suited to my aptitude scores on the entrance exam.

Interview Questions
    • You've qualified for 80 different jobs. Which job do you want to do?   Answer Question
    Initial location of choice and $40,000 college fund on top of education benefits.

E5 - Army - Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

First thing you do is go see a recruiter, once you pass the asvab test, your recruiter will help you every step of the way. Make sure you do your own research so you can ask your recruiter any question you may have ie how to get promoted before basic, remember the higher your rank the more you get paid.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!