US Army

Relevance Date Difficulty

Radio and Communications Security Repairer Interview

Radio and Communications Security Repairer
Spanaway, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Army in November 2010.

Interview Details – See a recruiter, go through the qualification process, go to basic training.

Interview Question – Being truthful for legal questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do this, get this rank...

Anonymous Interview

Fort Lewis, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Army in October 2013.

Interview Details – I completed my Platoon Leader time and was informed I was under consideration for either a position in the S-4 (Logistics) office or a Company Executive Officer (XO) position. I was asked which position I felt my strengths would better lend to and which I would prefer. Once I provided my answer I was given a timeline for my assumption of the new position.

Interview Question – Do you think your personal strengths would better suit an XO position or the AS-4 position?   Answer Question

91m30 Interview

91m30
Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – no interviews, just go see the recruiter and take the asvab

Interview Question – there was not an interview for this position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there arent any negotiations. you start at the bottom

Major Interview

Major
Oak Harbor, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Army in March 2009.

Interview Details – Must pass physical requirements; cannot be a felon or in any legal trouble

Interview Question – Even dismissed complaints against your license must be explained in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took a month to negotiate my contract as to what rank I would commission at into the service.

Infantryman Interview

Infantryman
Port Orchard, WA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – MEPS was poorly coordinated, which should have been a first clue about this organization. The recruiter was straight forward and told me exactly what I was getting into. He recommended signing a shorter contract, but I declined. He got me the Airborne school slot that I wanted, as well as a RIP slot. He also managed to get me a rather high signing bonus ($36,000; $20,000 'quick ship' and $16,000 'MOS') back in 2007.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about enlisting. The only thing that I can think of that others might have slight problems with is picking a job that they want to do; but if you're going into a new career, you should have a good idea.   Answer Question

Soldier Interview

Soldier
Fort Lewis, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Army in January 2009.

Interview Details – Visit local recruiter to learn more

Interview Question – if your qualified they will hire   Answer Question

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Information Technology Specialist
Redmond, WA

I applied online - interviewed at US Army in May 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone interview that last about 30 mins. The second interview was in person and it was with 4 managers asking regular questions about my background.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview

E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at US Army in December 2012.

Interview Details – You go and see a military recruiter who then schedules you to see doctors to ensure you meet the physical and mental criteria. You also take tests to include the ASVAB and have to score above 30 some odd percent over the population. Once you pass all of the screening you will be given a chance to go into the plethora of fields in the ARMY, then you're shipped off to basic training which is tougher than most job interviews in the world. You pass that, you're then sent to a technically advanced course where you can focus on the field you chose or were chosen to go into.

Interview Question – If you opt to take the Defensive Language Aptitude Battery after scoring high enough during the ASVAB You will take a very very long language test. You will be given a very short for comprehension and then be asked a lot of questions in a made up language.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – G.I Bill. College payback options, enlistment bonus options. Places I would like to travel to. Which foreign language I preferred to learn. How many years out of the initial 8 year enlistment contract did I want to serve on Active Duty.

U S Army Recruit Interview

U S Army Recruit
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Army in February 2013.

Interview Details – Must be a high school graduateequivalent and have good health, be able to pass a written exam, must pass medical exam to include drug test.

Interview Question – Written exam and physical training   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Combat Medic Interview

Combat Medic
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Army.

Interview Details – Talk to a recruiter. If you met the basic requirements of GT score with no felonies you are in after you complete Basic and AIT.

Interview Question – Are you sure you are ready to be directly responsible for someones life.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Army

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Army interview questions and advice in Washington State. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Army employees and interview candidates.