US Army Interview Questions in Washington State

2.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

91m30 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Army.

no interviews, just go see the recruiter and take the asvab

Interview Questions
    there arent any negotiations. you start at the bottom

Infantryman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orchard, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orchard, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Army.

MEPS was poorly coordinated, which should have been a first clue about this organization. The recruiter was straight forward and told me exactly what I was getting into. He recommended signing a shorter contract, but I declined. He got me the Airborne school slot that I wanted, as well as a RIP slot. He also managed to get me a rather high signing bonus ($36,000; $20,000 'quick ship' and $16,000 'MOS') back in 2007.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about enlisting. The only thing that I can think of that others might have slight problems with is picking a job that they want to do; but if you're going into a new career, you should have a good idea.   Answer Question

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online – interviewed at US Army in May 2013.

The first interview was a phone interview that last about 30 mins. The second interview was in person and it was with 4 managers asking regular questions about my background.

Combat Medic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Army.

Talk to a recruiter. If you met the basic requirements of GT score with no felonies you are in after you complete Basic and AIT.

Interview Questions
    • Are you sure you are ready to be directly responsible for someones life.   Answer Question

U S Army Recruit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Army in February 2013.

Must be a high school graduateequivalent and have good health, be able to pass a written exam, must pass medical exam to include drug test.

None

E6 - Army - Staff Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at US Army in December 2012.

You go and see a military recruiter who then schedules you to see doctors to ensure you meet the physical and mental criteria. You also take tests to include the ASVAB and have to score above 30 some odd percent over the population. Once you pass all of the screening you will be given a chance to go into the plethora of fields in the ARMY, then you're shipped off to basic training which is tougher than most job interviews in the world. You pass that, you're then sent to a technically advanced course where you can focus on the field you chose or were chosen to go into.

Interview Questions
    • If you opt to take the Defensive Language Aptitude Battery after scoring high enough during the ASVAB You will take a very very long language test. You will be given a very short for comprehension and then be asked a lot of questions in a made up language.   View Answer
    G.I Bill. College payback options, enlistment bonus options. Places I would like to travel to. Which foreign language I preferred to learn. How many years out of the initial 8 year enlistment contract did I want to serve on Active Duty.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lewis, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lewis, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Army in May 2012.

All job applications are accepted only through USJobs.Gov now. I was working overseas and was told by email I had 3 days to accept the position or I could decline. So technically I did not even interview for the job. However, that is not the norm, most interviews are done over the phone for initial contact. Even then a manager can hire you outright if your resume is strong and you have hiring points (Vet, Spousal Pref, Disabilty). Most likely they will want to have you come in for a second interview unless it is in a geographically distant place. From my experience, you are more likely to get hired if the job requires relocating. Note: many Government jobs are open to local commute only.

Interview Questions
    • Most Government position are locked in a certain paygrade and step, so you know what you are getting before the interview. Once you factor in locality pay for the job, you pretty much know what you are getting. However for new hires or certain jobs such as Medical and Senior Executive Services, there are bonuses and pay negoiating. The hardest thing is knowing what the agency is WILLING to pay and what you want to be paid.   Answer Question
    Impartial. Over email.

Radio and Communications Security Repairer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spanaway, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spanaway, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Army in November 2010.

See a recruiter, go through the qualification process, go to basic training.

Interview Questions
    Do this, get this rank...

E4 - Army - Specialist/Corporal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Army in October 2010.

Interview process consisted of the US Army trying to get me to re-enlist in the US Army.

End of my enlistment contract.

Major Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Army in March 2009.

Must pass physical requirements; cannot be a felon or in any legal trouble

Interview Questions
    • Even dismissed complaints against your license must be explained in detail.   Answer Question
    It took a month to negotiate my contract as to what rank I would commission at into the service.