US Bureau of Economic Analysis Economist Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Bureau of Economic Analysis in December 2009.

The Federal hiring process is SLLLOOOOOOW. I applied in May and received a phonecall in September. But then they weren't cleared to interview people until December.

The people there are really top notch. They kind of ooze intelligence, which probably makes it an exciting place for nerds to be around. I was interviewed by several people....we discussed my research and analysis background plus my proficiency with different softwares. Topics really didn't deviate much from the extensive list of supplemental questions I answered just to submit my application.

Interview Questions

The people were excellent...but...they seemed a bit on the introverted side.
I had two other job offers pending at the time; it was nothing personal, and I might look into other positions there in the future.

Other Interview Reviews for US Bureau of Economic Analysis

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Bureau of Economic Analysis in September 2009.

Spent hours uploading documents online, didn't get any response for three months. After the initial phone interview I found out the position was in a city I had not included in my availability. Declined at that point.

Interview Questions

The agency didn't spend the time to look at my available locations, and was pushing for a relocation. Seemed a omen of things to come.

Economist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at US Bureau of Economic Analysis in April 2010.

I received a call from HR and they scheduled me at my own expense to interview at three different divisions - Regional Economics, Balance of PAyments and International Investments. First I interviewed with a lady at Regional Economics and with her Boss, the section chief. I felt I did well, it was typical skills interview. I personally think I was a top candidate...

Later, I interviewed at Balance of Payments and they are top notch folks... They asked me lots of questions on current account, GDP, etc. They explained lots of things to me. I was interviewed by the branch chief togetehr with 2 economists and later by the section chief....

Later I was interviewed at International Investment. It took us 5 minutes because I did not like what they do. I put it to them that I was not inteersted in working for them and they understood....

Interview Questions
    took first offer- no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Bureau of Economic Analysis

Worked for US Bureau of Economic Analysis? Contribute to the Community!