US Bureau of Labor Statistics IT Specialist Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Bureau of Labor Statistics in January 2008.

First, expect a lengthy hiring process that will likely take a few months or more to completion.

The first part of the hiring process involves filling out a long online application. The bulk of this application centers on KSA, or Knowledge Skill Assessments, which prompt the applicant to write an essay describing their experience and skills in a particular area. I cannot stress enough that you must do well on these KSAs or you won't even be called in for an interview. They get scored by a Subject Matter Expert. Only the candidates with the highest-rated KSA scores will make it to the interview round.

Interview Questions
  • How would you create a document imaging application?   View Answer
They initially lowballed me and said they could only offer a Step 1. I would have had to take a 20k cut in pay to take this job. But after talking with the HR Specialist, he offered to try to do something for me. They had to do some paperwork, but I was eventually able to get a Step 9 at 20k more. So I would tell other candidates to not just accept what they offer. Bargain in a tactful way. Do not act demanding or pushy.

Other Interview Reviews for US Bureau of Labor Statistics

IT Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Wonderful people and a very smooth interview process.

Interview Questions