US Bureau of Labor Statistics Program Analyst Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Bureau of Labor Statistics in December 2012.

Applied for Program Analyst position at Washington, DC headquarters in October 2012 via USAJobs.gov. Interviewed one-on-one with Hiring Manager in December 2012 during their "Interview Week". Multiple groups within BLS were looking to hire Program Analysts however I only interviewed for one group. I received an offer from HR a week and a half later. I'm currently a fed at another agency and this was a status (internal) opening.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions regarding budgets, customer service, and administrative functions.
    Soft skills questions regarding communication skills and working in a team, these were asked in "behavioral interview" style.
      Answer Question
I'm a current fed and for me the position was a promotion to GS-9 so I will start at GS-9, step 1 ($51,630). The position is a GS-9/11/12 career ladder so I will be promoted to GS-11 next year and GS-12 the year after.