US Census Bureau

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Torrance, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Census Bureau in May 2010.

Interview Details – Completed US Census exam, and later selected for an interview at the U.S. Census office in El Segundo, CA.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation with the U.S. Census.

Very Easy Interview

Census Worker

I applied online - interviewed at US Census Bureau in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview after application.

Interview Question – Would I mind working by myself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Camarillo, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Census Bureau in January 2010.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview, mainly checking to see if i was avaible to work a minimum of 40 hours a week on the census. After the phone interview they schedule a in person test which is about 30 questions long and is times. It is not a hard test but does require some thinking. The census hires strictly on test scores and vets are given a ten to five point bonus.

Interview Questions

Census Worker

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at US Census Bureau in May 2010.

Interview Details – Remember that this is a temporary job with the federal government. I took the census test, and was ranked for a job opening. I accepted the job. Had I not accepted, I might have come up on the list for another job ... and I might not have.
I like doing the wide variety of tasks that I have done in this position.

Interview Question – none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no.

Worked for US Census Bureau? Contribute to the Community!