US Census Bureau

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Census Bureau in May 2010.

Completed US Census exam, and later selected for an interview at the U.S. Census office in El Segundo, CA.

There was no negotiation with the U.S. Census.

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Census Worker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Census Bureau in April 2010.

Great testing process. Interviews were professional and appropriate. They hire smart people. Veterans get ten points added to their exam score. This led to a very services oriented work place with a high degree of honor.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working around veterans   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hannibal, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Hannibal, MO

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Census Bureau in April 2010.

Very informal. Just had a quick discussion with the field supervisor. The fact that I was a veteran helped a lot during the hiring and interview phase. It gave you a 'leg up' over those who weren't veterans. So next time census rolls around, it would be a good way for vets to get some extra income especially if they were between jobs like I was.

Interview Questions
    • I only wish that there had been more preparation and more information before you could go out into the field.   Answer Question

Census Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Census Bureau in March 2010.

Phone interview after application.

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Census Bureau in January 2010.

Basic phone interview, mainly checking to see if i was avaible to work a minimum of 40 hours a week on the census. After the phone interview they schedule a in person test which is about 30 questions long and is times. It is not a hard test but does require some thinking. The census hires strictly on test scores and vets are given a ten to five point bonus.

Census Worker Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Census Bureau in May 2010.

Remember that this is a temporary job with the federal government. I took the census test, and was ranked for a job opening. I accepted the job. Had I not accepted, I might have come up on the list for another job ... and I might not have.
    I like doing the wide variety of tasks that I have done in this position.