US Census Bureau Enumerator Interview Questions & Reviews

1.5

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manassas, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at US Census Bureau in April 2009.

Initial interview was a phone interview with a set of standard questions. Then you had to attend a 1 week long training session, at the end of the training, you were given a test and a field test, if you passed you were offered work, if not you never received any work.

Interview Questions
  • Can you climb a set of stairs assisted or unassisted without an elevator?   Answer Question
  • Are you available to work full time?   View Answer
There was no negotiations...

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wahiaw√§, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wahiawä, HI

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at US Census Bureau in April 2010.

I think the actual application was a paper application. Then they called you in to this group testing thing, where they tested basic math skills, how well you would eventually be able to read maps, etc. It kind of reminded me of an SAT. Originally I didn't hear anything but I got a phone call later saying they had gone down the list and I guess I was in the middle because I know I got a good score, but I didn't put myself as available as I could have. (I didn't know you would eventually schedule your own hours anyway.) I think after the phone call was the HR process.

It was all pretty straightforward. There was a paid training session after the phone call which was a few days and not too far away. It was kind of tiring, but the good thing was the actual work after that wasn't as bad. There was a bunch of paperwork at the beginning of the session, then if I remember correctly a classroom-type format.

Interview Questions
    It wasn't really a negotiable thing, I don't think many government jobs are. Set pay, no benefits, all laid out for you in the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Census Bureau in March 2010.

go in take a test score well and they will hire you no doubt

Interview Questions
    • Choose the one answer which BEST fits the
      meaning of the word in capital letters
      UNAUTHORIZED
        View Answer
    • Any living quarters occupied by
      ten or more unrelated persons is called a group
      quarters. Examples of a group quarters are worker’s
      dormitories, boarding houses, halfway houses,
      convents, etc. In addition, college dormitories,
      fraternity houses, or nurse’s dormitories are always
      considered to be a group quarters, regardless of the
      number of students who live there.
      Which of the following is a group quarters?
        View Answer
    if you score high youre highered

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

A friend gave me the information. I called the Census Bureau and gave them my background as a realtor and a part time sales employee in the retail business. They asked me to come and take a test which I did.
    After a few days, I was called and told that I was hired and where and when to meet my crew leader. The job lasted from May to August. We had daily meetings and turned in our time sheet and questionaires. We were given books with addresses of people who had not responded to the Census. Most of the people I worked with were layed off or working other jobs. All types of people and ethnic backgrounds. We worked independently and we're paid $13.50 an hour plus mileage at .50 a mile.

nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Census Bureau in February 2010.

There was an initial skills test. There was no feedback on the test, and no way to verify if it was recorded properly. A quick telephone interview about six weeks later was followed by a personal interview. I was eventually ofered a higher position than the one for which I had applied, due to my skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    There was very little room to negotiate, since most terms were set by regulation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at US Census Bureau in January 2010.

very brief

Interview Questions
    • what do you find interesting? What motivates me to be the best?   Answer Question
    never negotiate with the government

Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at US Census Bureau in January 2010.

The interview process consisted solely of a skills test. Only those who pass the test will be called back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at US Census Bureau in March 2010.

Initially tested for the job nearly a year prior to being contacted by mail indicating my test score. It was another few months before I was contacted by phone and interviewed to see if I was still interested in a position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for this part-time, temporary position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at US Census Bureau in March 2010.

Very easy process. Just apply online, sign up for a testing day, take the test, and wait for your call. After they call you, you accept and then get sent to paid training for 5 days. After that, it's all field work until the employment ends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Puyallup, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Census Bureau in March 2010.

Learned of the position from flyers left at college employment center. Initial selection was a written exam administered to groups. 30 Questions. 30 minutes time allowed. Individuals selected by highest score. Then a telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • do you have a car or mode of transportation?   View Answer
    • are you available weekends and evenings?   View Answer
    No negotioting.