US Census Bureau IT Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied to an internal job posting since I was already working there. Due to the nature of the decennial census operation, once you get your foot in the door there are many opportunities that present themselves. I had a single interview with 3 people. I met the technical requirements for the job and had the people skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What is you technical background?   1 Answer
  • What do you know about the Census Bureau?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, salary and vacation/sick days were non-negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Charlotte, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

I had one interview with 2 managers, really dry, not to hard questions.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, simple behavioral questions or how you would handle customers, bosses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Government has a specific scale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suitland, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Suitland, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

Pretty simple, started with a simple phone interview where the manager described the work Census does and what my specific role would be. Didn't take long, maybe 45 mins. He was friendly and we seemed to hit it off.

Negotiation

Govt pretty much sets your pay based on education and work experience, you don't have much room for negotiation.