US Census Bureau

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at US Census Bureau in November 2009.

Interview Details – I had one interview with 2 managers, really dry, not to hard questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, simple behavioral questions or how you would handle customers, bosses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Government has a specific scale

Suitland, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at US Census Bureau in July 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, started with a simple phone interview where the manager described the work Census does and what my specific role would be. Didn't take long, maybe 45 mins. He was friendly and we seemed to hit it off.

Negotiation Details – Govt pretty much sets your pay based on education and work experience, you don't have much room for negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at US Census Bureau in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to an internal job posting since I was already working there. Due to the nature of the decennial census operation, once you get your foot in the door there are many opportunities that present themselves. I had a single interview with 3 people. I met the technical requirements for the job and had the people skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, salary and vacation/sick days were non-negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Census Bureau

Worked for US Census Bureau? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Census Bureau IT Specialist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Census Bureau employees and interview candidates.