US Census Bureau

140 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Clerk Interview

Administrative Clerk

I applied through other source and interviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview Details – They ask a set of questions over the phone, and if you are available for the hours, they will hire you. 100% of the time. Easiest interview of your life.

Crew Leader Manager Interview

Crew Leader Manager
Torrance, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at US Census Bureau in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initially there is an asesment test to take where they determine which position you fit based on test score. You can take the test whenever I believe, you just need to figure out when and where to take the test. Then they call you and tell you salary and ask if you want to do it. Then if you say yes they schedule you for training. It takes a few days because you have to go through enumeration training as well. So worth the pay.

Interview Question – I can't remember because I took the test once and it was 3 years ago. I think there may be practice tests online.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me $18.50/hr. I did not negotiate, I had never made that much before. And I still have not made close to that since.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at US Census Bureau in September 2009.

Interview Details – You have to take a test to get in and the interview is straight forward

Interview Question – What be your biggest flaw   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Field Representative Interview

Field Representative
Springdale, AR

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Census Bureau in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1.simple word problem test (only question i missed would have got, if I had a ruler
2. Mock interview (read from a script...articulate, real clearly and don't change words
3. Interview General...mostly about overcoming difficult people

Interview Question – Describe something you failed at.....could not overcome or find a solution...how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Concord, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview Details – I did not have a traditional job interview. I received a phone call informing me when my job would start and about the training. During this call, I was asked if I was still available to work and willing to work the days and hours available.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Field Operations Supervisor Interview

Field Operations Supervisor

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview Details – First you take one exam to become a regular census worker. If you score very well, you are invited to take a supervisor exam. You then come in for an interview and are asked some basic questions about your resume. Nothing technical or difficult.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at US Census Bureau in November 2009.

Interview Details – I had one interview with 2 managers, really dry, not to hard questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, simple behavioral questions or how you would handle customers, bosses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Government has a specific scale

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at US Census Bureau in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Take the Bureau's test.
2. Wait, wait.
3. Say, "Yes", when phoned and asked if you're available to work.

Interview Question – Bone up on your basic math skills. The San Francisco Public Library has excellent online programs to learn basic math skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. It's take it or leave it.

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Census Bureau in April 2010.

Interview Details – I heard from a friend about it and so I applied with her. I don't remember if I registered first or if it was open. There is an initial test that you have to take and get a perfect score, based on analytical and practical skills. They didn't have an official department I guess, so it was taken in a small room at the Westminster mall. After you pass the test (you find out immediately), you are hired and then details about the next step are given - training and etc.

Interview Question – None of the questions were very difficult. There was actually a practice test you could take online as well   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Peoria, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at US Census Bureau in December 2009.

Interview Details – Testing and phone interview.

Negotiation Details – Pay was 10.50 an hour.