US Census Bureau Office Clerk Interview Questions

2.0

Office Clerk Interview

Interview

Had to take a test and received a call back was offered position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Office Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview

No interview - signed up for and took a test at the local employment office. Applied only for an office job as I didn't have a license at the time (required for enumerators). Got a perfect score on the test, which was fairly easy. Got a call back about an enumerator job, which I couldn't do. It was several months before they untangled the problem and offered me the office job I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Asked about sorting/storing stuff, no clue how the office was set up so I went with the more logical option.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Santa Clarita, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

First, a group panel is given a simple math test, and then given a questionnaire asking about past relevant work experience. The chosen persons in the group are then requested to report to the nearest Census Office and submit their personal and background information as well as their finger-prints. The whole hiring process took 3-4 days, and the actual office work started on the 5th day.

Interview Questions

• Are you legally allowed to view personal information? If hired, are you willing to keep all personal information confidential, or face legal action?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Valparaiso, IN) in April 2010.

Interview

Telephone call, testing and group interviews, including forms and other matters, like a classroom situation, where each person finished on his or her own time. There did not seem to be much to it. It probably could have been conducted online or completely by telephone. There was not much to indicate what skills were really being sought.

Negotiation

None, it was take it or leave it