US Census Bureau Statistician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.3

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview

I applied in August. In December, I received a call for an interview. I interview in January. It was a panel interview with 4 managers. They read 10 questions prepared by HR. The questions were mostly behavioral questions ("Tell us about a time in which you had a difficult time with a co-worker'). No questions about technical skills. If you search for "behavioral interview questions", you'll get a good understanding of the questions they asked. I was hired in March and started in April. So, the process took 8 months from submitting my application to my first day. Yep.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Two of the questions were so similar that I thought they were asking me the same question; one question was so poorly worded that even the panel was confused.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

They asked 10 questions, fairly standard. They wanted to know about experience with large data sets, which I didn't have.

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Census Bureau (Stony Brook, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center. I scheduled an interview slot with the career center. The interview was the next day. An online application/questionnaire was required and needed to be done before the interview. The questionnaire regarding grade level was confusing. The interview itself was pleasant. It took place inside of the career center. The interviewer was polite and professional. She explained the benefits thoroughly. She asked about my past work experience and the classes I took.

Statistician Interview

Interview

Received call from HR that detailed the position. Set up an interview a week from the call date. Interviewed by a panel of three who each spoke about themselves for about 5 minutes each then asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult time you had that you did not see coming.   1 Answer