Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at US Census Bureau
- Enumerator (41)
- Field Representative (13)
- Crew Leader (7)
- Clerk (6)
- Mathematical Statistician (6)
- Census Worker (6)
- Survey Statistician (4)
- Administrative Clerk (4)
- Office Clerk (4)
- Statistician (3)
- Numerator (3)
- Field Operations Supervisor (3)
- Crew Leader Assistant (3)
- Office Operations Supervisor (3)
- IT Specialist (3)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Quality Control Enumerator (3)
- Non-Response Followup Enumerator (2)
- Questionnaire Assistance Representative (2)
- Census Taker (2)
- Economist (2)
- QC Enumerator (1)
- Office Automation Clerk (1)
- Receptionist (1)
- Partnership Assistant (1)
- QAC/Administrative (1)
- Senior Field Representative (1)
- Cencus Worker (1)
- Assistant Crew Leader (1)
- Clerical & Field Positions (1)
I applied online. The process took 8+ months – interviewed at US Census Bureau.
I applied in August. In December, I received a call for an interview. I interview in January. It was a panel interview with 4 managers. They read 10 questions prepared by HR. The questions were mostly behavioral questions ("Tell us about a time in which you had a difficult time with a co-worker'). No questions about technical skills. If you search for "behavioral interview questions", you'll get a good understanding of the questions they asked.
I was hired in March and started in April. So, the process took 8 months from submitting my application to my first day. Yep.
- There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Two of the questions were so similar that I thought they were asking me the same question; one question was so poorly worded that even the panel was confused. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau
Statistician InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at US Census Bureau (Washington, DC) in June 2011.
They asked 10 questions, fairly standard. They wanted to know about experience with large data sets, which I didn't have.
Statistician InterviewNo Offer
Received call from HR that detailed the position. Set up an interview a week from the call date. Interviewed by a panel of three who each spoke about themselves for about 5 minutes each then asked me questions.
- Talk about a difficult time you had that you did not see coming. 1 Answer