US Census Bureau Statistician Interview Questions

2.5

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at US Census Bureau.

Interview

I applied in August. In December, I received a call for an interview. I interview in January. It was a panel interview with 4 managers. They read 10 questions prepared by HR. The questions were mostly behavioral questions ("Tell us about a time in which you had a difficult time with a co-worker'). No questions about technical skills. If you search for "behavioral interview questions", you'll get a good understanding of the questions they asked.

I was hired in March and started in April. So, the process took 8 months from submitting my application to my first day. Yep.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Two of the questions were so similar that I thought they were asking me the same question; one question was so poorly worded that even the panel was confused.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Census Bureau (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

They asked 10 questions, fairly standard. They wanted to know about experience with large data sets, which I didn't have.

Statistician Interview

Interview

Received call from HR that detailed the position. Set up an interview a week from the call date. Interviewed by a panel of three who each spoke about themselves for about 5 minutes each then asked me questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult time you had that you did not see coming.   1 Answer