US Census Bureau

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Suitland, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Census Bureau in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited by a campus recruiter, then interviewed over the phone by a senior manager. I came to Suitland and interviewed with another senior manager who offered me the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position?   View Answer

Suitland, MD

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at US Census Bureau in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online to pool in June. Called to schedule in person interview in August the following week. 5 person panel interview. All behavior questions. Apx. 1hr . Email response 2nd week of September.

Very Easy Interview

Survey Statistician

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Census Bureau in June 2009.

Interview Details – Got call to come in for interview. They communicated information about interview well. Came for interview, they asked me NO questions and basically just offered me the job. Let me meet a few other analysts, but they seemed uncomfortable and didn't know what to do. Brief tour of building.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available.

Survey Statistician

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Census Bureau in February 2008.

Interview Details – I didn't really have an interview -- I worked at the US Census Bureau previously as a contractor, and came back a couple years later as an employee.

Interview Question – Like I mentioned previously, I didn't really have an interview.   Answer Question

Worked for US Census Bureau? Contribute to the Community!