US Chamber of Commerce Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2014
10 interviews

2.9

PR and Operations Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

I applied online and was called about two weeks later to schedule an in-person interview. I met with the recruiting manager and the operations manager for about 15 minutes. After the interview, I promptly sent thank-yous. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me something very specific about the organization.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

It is a 2-3 step interview process. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter very quickly to schedule a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, I received an email to schedule an in person interview with the department head. During the interview we discussed my skills/experience and specifics about the position. The interview concluded and I spoke with the hr manager about the process and "next steps" for the position. I was told I would receive an email at the end of the week on a decision. I haven't received any notice from them regarding the position. I sent a follow up email for some insight and received no response.

Interview Questions
    • How would you develop a panel on a specific government issue?   Answer Question

Communications Intern, Global Intellectual Property Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce in January 2013.

I received an email about this job posting through my undergraduate major department chair, then emailed my resume and cover letter to the appropriate person in the department. I reached out a couple of weeks later to her to check in on the process and she said they were still looking and she would like me to come in for an interview. I went in at the scheduled time and the interview was pretty standard, general resume and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    As an intern, I was paid a normal intern salary, no negotiating.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

I applied through a job data base and had one interview. After that interview I was offered the job a few days later.

Print Coordinator Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

I responded to an ad on Craigslist for the position and was immediately contacted by a staffing agency whom connected me with the HR representative. I held my phone interview with the rep and was followed up with by the staffing agency. The in-person interview was great, the team was fantastic and so was the manager. The staffing agency was extremely helpful during the process also.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. The salary and benefits package are very competitive, couldn't pass it up.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce in February 2010.

Interview was great - the recruiter was helpful and kept in touch throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation, but the salary and benefits were competitive so I didn't have any problems.

Manager, Corporate Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

The entire hiring process was a bit drawn out. I had three interviews (phone, one-on -one with supervisor, and a group interview). I applied directly through the Chamber's website, and it took about 2 1/2 months from the first phone call to the eventual offer letter. The phone interview was with HR and mostly resembled a screening call. The HR person asked mostly about my background, described the position, and asked "fit" questions. The one-on-one interview was almost generic. My eventual supervisor wanted to discuss policy and how I would go about approaching prospective sales meetings. The group meeting was with my supervisor and two co-workers. We went over my resume and discussed my hobbies and interests. Each interview was spaced about 2 weeks apart and the final offer came via phone call from HR followed up by an email with a soft copy of the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do after someone has told you "No"?   View Answer
    No negotiation. I gave them a range, and they responded with a number that was higher than my range. Based on my research, I got an offer that was well above market.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

Their interviewing process is horrible. I had to come to their offices three separate times which could have all been done in one visit. It was a waste of my not to mention their own. They really need to streamline their interviewing process and be more honest with the candidates as they move along the process. To have an interviewee come and meet with three people and be asked the same questions is ridiculous. Why not have a panel interview? I didn't get the position and I am glad that I didn't. If the interviewing process was like that I could only imagine what it would be like working there.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions just repetitive questions.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce.

Was contacted by a staffing agency for a first round phone screen. Then, my resume was passed along to the Chamber for review. I was called and informed that they wanted to interview me. I met with the hiring manager, then with the department supervisor on the same day. Received an offer for employment only a few days after the interivew. Working with the staffing agency was a little painful, however, the opportunity was too good to pass up. Overall, the interview process was very quick and fairly painless.

Interview Questions
    • All of my interviews (phone and in-person) where very conversational. I was prepped to be very conservative and business-focused, however, each round was much more relaxed than I had anticipated.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, was offered the salary that was budgeted for the posiiton.

Database Administrator/Trainer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at US Chamber of Commerce in June 2010.

The initial phone interview was with a recruiter. She was very nice and was excited about getting me in for a face to face interview. As soon as I sent her my resume, she gave me the information on the company name, etc. and promised to get back to me with a time, etc. This was a Friday, the interview ended up being on Monday. Very prompt, especially in this economy. I was laid off in January and as of June, this is the only face to face interview I have had! I thought the interview went well, but I found out the next day that I was not in the running at all. The only negative is that after a few attempts, maybe 3, I have zero feedback. I don't have a clue why I wasn't considered. That would be nice to know.

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed pretty easy. The only awkward moment was when I made a comment about cloud computing and he told me that I was wrong in my definition. It really had no bearing on the job description, but they wanted to come off of a hosted system and have in-house data.   View Answer

Worked for US Chamber of Commerce? Contribute to the Community!