US Citizenship and Immigration Services Interview Questions & Reviews

1.5

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

I submitted my resume and cover letter to USAJobs and was contacted two months later with an offer. There was no in-person or telephone interview. I met my manager/selecting official the first day on the job. I'm told this was a special case, as it was not for a full-time position, but sometimes people will be selected based on their resume alone.

Interview Questions
    • When I got on the job, I was asked about my experience.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate as this was an internship and I was offered a salary based on my education.

Immigration Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at US Citizenship and Immigration Services in August 2008.

I applied online through the Federal Career Intern Program (FCIP). The interview consisted of two interviews; the first was with a panel, the second with my immediate supervisor. They asked me questions about my experience traveling and working with refugees. They were looking for people with extensive international experience and the ability to interview different refugee populations. Graduate degree is more or less required.

Interview Questions
    Salary non-negotiable, GS-scale.

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Worked for US Citizenship and Immigration Services? Contribute to the Community!