US Coast Guard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.5

Seaman Recruit Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Coordinate with local recruiter--you need to constantly call, email, and show-up to ensure you're considered. Showing up 15 minutes early to your interview is good as you'll do it when you've joined. Dress appropriately. Ask a lot of questions and do your research.

Storekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

You take the ASVAB test which is a skills quiz. Then you will talk to your recruiter to find out which jobs you are elegible for. Once that is all done you go thru a medical screening. Once everything checks out, you will go to boot camp. Boot Camp is 8 weeks, and once you graduate you will be in the coast guard.

Interview Questions

• Will my current fitness level meet coast guard standards.   1 Answer

Seaman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Talked to recruiter, scheduled medical screening ,ASVAB, several questionnaires. after everything checked out I signed some paperwork, swore an oath, waited til the holidays were over then went to boot camp.

Supply Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Apply, stand by for review, contacted for interview, interviewed over the phone, job offer. The CG does not use the established procedures set by the Office of Personnel Management for reviewing vet and disabled vets.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions relating to procurement and previous training or certification's held.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at US Coast Guard (Washington, DC).

Interview

There is no interview process for my current job. We are assigned by an Assignment Officer, sometimes referred to as a Detailer. Therefore, this section doesn't make much sense. There's not much more to say on the subject.

Enlisted Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Application in thru recruiter, once acepted the process then included a physical exam. Once complete you go off to basic training, followed by worldwide assignments to see what career path you choose then promotion is all about experience, evaluations, and written tests. The time for promotions is usually every 4-5 years but can take some up to 9 or so to get the promotion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Set pay tables approved by congress.

E-4 Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Easy stuff. Have your finances in order, don't pop positive on a drug test, don't have any felony charges, and don't be a complete idiot. If you're 17 or older and you have generally made wise decisions up to that point in your life.....then you should have no problem enlisting into the Coast Guard. Depending on the financial status of the military, you may have to be prepared to play the waiting game once you sign

Interview Questions

• There is NOTHING difficult about getting into the military........unless you're dumb, you smoke weed, or you stole a car in your younger years!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. It's cut and dry.....either they will accept you, or they won't.

Seaman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

I met with a recruiter once with an appointment and it was pretty simple. He asked me some basic questions about what I wanted to do in the CG and how to get the enlistment process started. I wasn't like interviews for other jobs.

Negotiation

Hardly any negotiation. He did offer me a guaranteed district, but I am not sure if they are doing that anymore. They were not doing any bonuses of any kind when I signed up.

Master Chief Petty Officer Interview

Interview

No interview process, rank is achieved through recommendations of your command, technical tests, service wide exams, evaluations, and time in service. Depending on your specialty will determine the number of Master Chief positions that are available, in my specialty there are only eight Master Chiefs in the entire Coast Guard.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

LTJG Interview

Application

Interview

Research all information on OPM and USCG.mil. Getting in is not easy, but getting kicked out is near impossible. Once you've made it through the process you will likely accept your job. The CG spends a ton of time vetting you and they leave nearly no stone unturned. Make sure you meet the minimum requirements before you start or you will be wasting your time.

Interview Questions

• No interview. Probably filling out the clearance forms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. If you've made it that far in the process, you know its for you. Get ready for some boot camp!