US Coast Guard Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.5

Seaman Recruit Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Coordinate with local recruiter--you need to constantly call, email, and show-up to ensure you're considered. Showing up 15 minutes early to your interview is good as you'll do it when you've joined. Dress appropriately. Ask a lot of questions and do your research.

Amt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Coast Guard (Detroit, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward no tricks, it does take a long time to get all the paperwork done, so be prepared for that. The day you ship out for boot camp is very long and you'll be exhausted, so rest up.

Storekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

You take the ASVAB test which is a skills quiz. Then you will talk to your recruiter to find out which jobs you are elegible for. Once that is all done you go thru a medical screening. Once everything checks out, you will go to boot camp. Boot Camp is 8 weeks, and once you graduate you will be in the coast guard.

Interview Questions

• Will my current fitness level meet coast guard standards.   1 Answer

Seaman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Talked to recruiter, scheduled medical screening ,ASVAB, several questionnaires. after everything checked out I signed some paperwork, swore an oath, waited til the holidays were over then went to boot camp.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Talk to recruiter, Complete ASVAB test, complete meps physical, complete boot camp, qualify for A school, apply to a school, pass a school, pass a drug test, shave your head, shave your beard, kiss your mom good bye, get assigned to some part of the US you never wanted to live in

Supply Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Apply, stand by for review, contacted for interview, interviewed over the phone, job offer. The CG does not use the established procedures set by the Office of Personnel Management for reviewing vet and disabled vets.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions relating to procurement and previous training or certification's held.   Answer Question

Junior Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Coast Guard (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

Officer Candidate School - Application Interview. You had to send in a packet for OSC and then they called you for an interview. This process took a few months. I was able to interview locally and the interview was with (3) different ranks (LTJG, LT and LCDR).

Interview Questions

• Future of the organization - what would you do in 5/10 years?   1 Answer

Recruit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2011.

Interview

Easy you just tell them you want to join, they will take just about anyone that can pass a drug test. Be ready to do boring mindless work and feel like you are wasting your life. Run away fast!

Interview Questions

• Can you count to 10 and chew gum   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at US Coast Guard (Washington, DC).

Interview

There is no interview process for my current job. We are assigned by an Assignment Officer, sometimes referred to as a Detailer. Therefore, this section doesn't make much sense. There's not much more to say on the subject.

Enlisted Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Application in thru recruiter, once acepted the process then included a physical exam. Once complete you go off to basic training, followed by worldwide assignments to see what career path you choose then promotion is all about experience, evaluations, and written tests. The time for promotions is usually every 4-5 years but can take some up to 9 or so to get the promotion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Set pay tables approved by congress.