US Coast Guard

2.7

Chief Petty Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth City, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth City, NC

The hiring process is standard military. Meet with a recruiter, pass the ASVAB, medical battery, drug screen, etc. Process through MEPS, 8 weeks of boot camp then off to your assignment.

Electronics Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

To get in the coast guard you have to be pushy. Recruiters are on a vacation duty. They don't care about you, and are only required to get like 2 people in a month. They only show up to the office when they have to so if you want in, be persistent. Its just that they've been on sea duty for years and have finally got the recruiting gig so they're just happy chilling out for the next few years. They don't mean to not call you back, there are just a lot of people that want in so they don't have to try very hard.

Master Chief Petty Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

Visit to recruiter, large amount of administrative and HR paperwork to fill out, verbal interview, background check and then wait for selection approval.

Interview Questions
    • Background information, medical background and criminal record   Answer Question

CPO Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

The hiring process is as simple as going to see a recruiter. The hardest part is finding the recruiter because they fill their quotas very quickly. I would recommend calling and emailing several times and even showing up at their office if possible. The ASVAP test will need to be completed with the highest possible score. A minimum of 30 is necessary but, it will more than likely require a score of 50 or higher to get in.

Interview Questions
    • Answering all questions truthfully is the best idea. There will be questions about past criminal behavior and drug use which should be answered carefully and truthfully to avoid disqualification later in the process. A drug test will be performed several times and after that a random test will be completed to ensure personnel are drug free. Theses are the major concerns regarding the questions asked by they United States Coast Guard. All others are a matter of interest by the person applying to join this service.   Answer Question

Vessel Traffic Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Had the job as active duty, so there really wasn't an interview process. The questions as a hiring party are very vague and do not pertain to the actual job.

There wasn't one

US Coast Guard Information Technician Senior Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape May, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape May, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

Military enlistment procedures with medical checks.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Its the military son.

Recruit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

Hardest part was meeting a recruiter and getting all my previous employers.

Interview Questions
    Not a nagotiation. I agreed to a garunteed district after bootcamp. Some get garunteed a school. Probably best bet with hiring and advancement freeze

Electronics Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Coast Guard.

The only thing needed for the process is to meet all requirements for enlistment into the armed services.

Bookkeeper, Accountant, Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Be honest, direct and explain your aims and desires. Listen to all information and take notes as necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Are you detailed,thorough and accurate in your work..   View Answer

Equipment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Coast Guard in June 2013.

Waste of my time, I was told they already had an ex coastie that was retiring in Norfolk VA was going to fill the position.Waste of my time, I was told in the beginning they already had an ex coastie that was retiring in Norfolk VA was going to fill the position. It didn’t matter that I felt my qualification were great for the job, the 3 interviewers running the interview didn’t want to hear my qualifications. This is the third time I’ve had such an interview. Each time I tell myself “never again am I going to apply for a job with these clowns” but I did.