US Customs and Border Protection
www.cbp.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

US Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol Agent Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Border Patrol Agent Interview

Border Patrol Agent

I applied online and interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for an interview after completing the written tests and submitting employment documentation. The interview process consisted of briefly introducing myself to the panel, explaining why I wanted to be a BPA, followed by three scenario based questions. The panel presented hypothetical scenarios that could be encountered as a BPA, and asked me how I would handle specific aspects of the scenario given the conditions with which to work with. The panel presents you with a difficult dilemma in each situation and evaluates your decision making process, maturity, interpersonal skills, and judgement. Every answer I gave was challenged, and I fell into the deadly trap of waivering from my answers due to the misguided belief that I gave the wrong answer. Be sure to take some time in formulating an answer, and be prepared to justify it, regardless of how good it sounds in your head.

Interview Question – I cannot divulge any quesionts due to signing a confidentiality agreement.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Border Patrol Agent Interview

Border Patrol Agent
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at US Customs and Border Protection in February 2009.

Interview Details – long typical law enforcement type hiring process with written test, physical evals, and drug screens.

Interview Question – artifical language   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for US Customs and Border Protection? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol Agent interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by US Customs and Border Protection employees and interview candidates.