US Defense Information Systems Agency

Updated Jul 9, 2014

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Defense Information Systems Agency

Student Career Experience Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency.

Began with Pre-Screen Phone call followed by in person interview. Overall, the interview was very short. Basically asked me to describe my experience. I was interviewed by two gentlemen, the hiring manager and the project lead.

Interview Questions
    • A few technical questions but they mostly focused on my experience.   Answer Question

IT Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hill AFB, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hill AFB, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency.

For both civilians and contractors, 1 face-to-face interview (contractors will have their own additional, separate interviews of course with their contracting firms). For civilians, there will be a multitude of upper management present at the table. They don't really care about your resume, so it's more about how they "feel" the way you may fit in the organization and/or any particular position (that they have open).

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about your experience, your thought process on work, and how you come to conclusions of dealing with others as well as customers.   Answer Question
    You can't rely negotiate except to remind them of your status (i.e. if you're a military Veteran, that might have an impact on starting grade with respect to certain programs like Pathways, etc., but not if you applied directly to an exacting position with a firm grade -- i.e. from usajobs, etc.).

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mechanicsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency in November 2009.

Sit in front of multiple supervisors and get asked questions about your experience.

Through email and phone

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mechanicsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency in January 2008.

Getting to the interview is the BIG ONE. If you can get through the job filters you are golden. The interview was very intimidating, there were six interviewers, however the questions are canned and everyone is asked the same questions. Dress nice!

Interview Questions
    If you can justify your worth; they will match it.

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency in August 2011.

My primary score for getting an interview was miscalculated by the HR office and when I inquired to my boss they found the mistake. I had interviewed for the same position before and was beat out by a more senior member. This interview was one of the most difficult interviews I have had in my 20 year career.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to occupy yourself when there is slow times at work?   View Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency in July 2011.

The program manager called to set up an interview over the phone with myself and two other managers. The questions were pretty specific about the position and my past experiences. They were very interested in my previous military experience. The interviewers were professional and courteous. They were also thorough and honest about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with developing RFPs and experience with FARs?   Answer Question

The salary offer was less than what I was currently making. I attempted to negotiate the salary but they would not budge.

Worked for US Defense Information Systems Agency? Contribute to the Community!