US Defense Information Systems Agency

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.6

Attorney Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency (Fort Meade, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

I completed my online application in early August, and had my first interview in late September. The interview process started off normal enough, but once I made it beyond the first interview things got strange really quick. The first interview was about 90 minutes in length and was with a panel of 3 attorneys. It was really conversational and easy going. Two weeks later, I was invited back for a second interview, this time with general counsel only. The second interview was extremely awkward. General counsel seemed disengaged and unprepared; he did not have any prepared questions and only provided a very general explanation of what the position would entail. At the conclusion of the interview, I was then taken around the office to meet the remaining attorneys who had not participated in my first interview. I was also advised that the ultimate candidate decision would be communicated to me within 2-3 weeks. It ultimately took DISA 9 plus weeks to let me know the decision. While I was waiting to hear the final decision, I politely followed-up with the contact person listed on the job posting and she was completely non-responsive. She never answered her phone or returned any voicemails, and she failed to reply to two emails.

Student Career Experience Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency.

Interview

Began with Pre-Screen Phone call followed by in person interview. Overall, the interview was very short. Basically asked me to describe my experience. I was interviewed by two gentlemen, the hiring manager and the project lead.

Interview Questions

• A few technical questions but they mostly focused on my experience.   Answer Question

IT Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency (Hill AFB, UT).

Interview

For both civilians and contractors, 1 face-to-face interview (contractors will have their own additional, separate interviews of course with their contracting firms). For civilians, there will be a multitude of upper management present at the table. They don't really care about your resume, so it's more about how they "feel" the way you may fit in the organization and/or any particular position (that they have open).

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your experience, your thought process on work, and how you come to conclusions of dealing with others as well as customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't rely negotiate except to remind them of your status (i.e. if you're a military Veteran, that might have an impact on starting grade with respect to certain programs like Pathways, etc., but not if you applied directly to an exacting position with a firm grade -- i.e. from usajobs, etc.).

Computer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency (Columbus, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

My primary score for getting an interview was miscalculated by the HR office and when I inquired to my boss they found the mistake. I had interviewed for the same position before and was beat out by a more senior member. This interview was one of the most difficult interviews I have had in my 20 year career.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to occupy yourself when there is slow times at work?   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency (Denver, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

The program manager called to set up an interview over the phone with myself and two other managers. The questions were pretty specific about the position and my past experiences. They were very interested in my previous military experience. The interviewers were professional and courteous. They were also thorough and honest about the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with developing RFPs and experience with FARs?   Answer Question

The salary offer was less than what I was currently making. I attempted to negotiate the salary but they would not budge.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency (Mechanicsburg, PA) in November 2009.

Interview

Sit in front of multiple supervisors and get asked questions about your experience.

Negotiation

Through email and phone

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency (Mechanicsburg, PA) in January 2008.

Interview

Getting to the interview is the BIG ONE. If you can get through the job filters you are golden. The interview was very intimidating, there were six interviewers, however the questions are canned and everyone is asked the same questions. Dress nice!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you can justify your worth; they will match it.