US Defense Information Systems Agency

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Career Experience Program Interview

Student Career Experience Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency.

Interview Details – Began with Pre-Screen Phone call followed by in person interview. Overall, the interview was very short. Basically asked me to describe my experience. I was interviewed by two gentlemen, the hiring manager and the project lead.

Interview Question – A few technical questions but they mostly focused on my experience.   Answer Question

IT Systems Specialist Interview

IT Systems Specialist
Hill AFB, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency.

Interview Details – For both civilians and contractors, 1 face-to-face interview (contractors will have their own additional, separate interviews of course with their contracting firms). For civilians, there will be a multitude of upper management present at the table. They don't really care about your resume, so it's more about how they "feel" the way you may fit in the organization and/or any particular position (that they have open).

Interview Question – Basic questions about your experience, your thought process on work, and how you come to conclusions of dealing with others as well as customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can't rely negotiate except to remind them of your status (i.e. if you're a military Veteran, that might have an impact on starting grade with respect to certain programs like Pathways, etc., but not if you applied directly to an exacting position with a firm grade -- i.e. from usajobs, etc.).

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency in November 2009.

Interview Details – Sit in front of multiple supervisors and get asked questions about your experience.

Negotiation Details – Through email and phone

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency in January 2008.

Interview Details – Getting to the interview is the BIG ONE. If you can get through the job filters you are golden. The interview was very intimidating, there were six interviewers, however the questions are canned and everyone is asked the same questions. Dress nice!

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you can justify your worth; they will match it.

Very Difficult Interview

Computer Specialist Interview

Computer Specialist
Columbus, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency in August 2011.

Interview Details – My primary score for getting an interview was miscalculated by the HR office and when I inquired to my boss they found the mistake. I had interviewed for the same position before and was beat out by a more senior member. This interview was one of the most difficult interviews I have had in my 20 year career.

Interview Question – What have you done to occupy yourself when there is slow times at work?   View Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Defense Information Systems Agency in July 2011.

Interview Details – The program manager called to set up an interview over the phone with myself and two other managers. The questions were pretty specific about the position and my past experiences. They were very interested in my previous military experience. The interviewers were professional and courteous. They were also thorough and honest about the position.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with developing RFPs and experience with FARs?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary offer was less than what I was currently making. I attempted to negotiate the salary but they would not budge.

Worked for US Defense Information Systems Agency? Contribute to the Community!