US Defense Intelligence Agency

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intelligence Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Defense Intelligence Agency in May 2010.

I was interviewed and subsequently selected for a position with the DIA this Summer. My selection was the outcome of a "hiring event" in DC so the atmosphere can be a bit overwhelming and intimidating if you have never participated in an event of this nature. These events are frequented by professionals in business suits or military dress uniforms - do not come dressed casually!

Initial contact and invitation to the event came via phone approximately 10 days before the event (which can be a negative if you fly from out of town). When arriving to the event, the DIA administrative staff was very friendly and organized. You check with them and are directed to the waiting rooms prior to your interview time. Once you get about 15 minutes from your interview time - you are called upon by a "runner" to escort you to your interview room. This particular interview was 1:1 but I have participated in 2:1 and 3:1 interviews in the past with the DIA. Don't be surprised if you encounter a room full of interviews occurring simultaneously - be articulate, loud and clear.

I was interviewed by an extremely sharp gentleman. I was given a brief overview of the position and was allowed to ask any questions I had before we got to business. I was told we had 30 minutes to go through the Q&A period of the interview and to be precise with my answers. I got the feeling that it was all business from then on. The gentleman questioned me on a few specific criteria of the job including my personal feelings of current scenarios occurring within the area of operations for the position. If you are interviewing for a specific position, it is in your best interest to come prepared and not have to resort to fluff with your responses. After having answered the handfull of questions pertaining to the position I was asked a few personal questions regarding my background (mainly probing questions to identify any obstacles with obtaining a security clearance) and was asked to wait down the hall while the interviewing completed my write-up.

From there you are called in to receive the results of the interview - including critiques from the interviewer and any offers (if applicable). I was not informed of my selection until nearly 6 weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • In your words, what is the main cause of terrorist operations in the Middle East?   Answer Question
  • What is your definition of terrorism?   Answer Question
Negotiation is possible, I have yet to reach that stage in employment.

Other Interview Reviews for US Defense Intelligence Agency

Intelligence Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Defense Intelligence Agency in August 2008.

Vacancy posted on USAJOBS and sent in application.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as I was already a federal employee.