US Defense Intelligence Agency
www.dia.mil Washington, DC

US Defense Intelligence Agency Intelligence Officer Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intelligence Officer Interview

Intelligence Officer
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Defense Intelligence Agency in August 2008.

Interview Details – Vacancy posted on USAJOBS and sent in application.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as I was already a federal employee.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Intelligence Officer Interview

Intelligence Officer
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Defense Intelligence Agency in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed and subsequently selected for a position with the DIA this Summer. My selection was the outcome of a "hiring event" in DC so the atmosphere can be a bit overwhelming and intimidating if you have never participated in an event of this nature. These events are frequented by professionals in business suits or military dress uniforms - do not come dressed casually!

Initial contact and invitation to the event came via phone approximately 10 days before the event (which can be a negative if you fly from out of town). When arriving to the event, the DIA administrative staff was very friendly and organized. You check with them and are directed to the waiting rooms prior to your interview time. Once you get about 15 minutes from your interview time - you are called upon by a "runner" to escort you to your interview room. This particular interview was 1:1 but I have participated in 2:1 and 3:1 interviews in the past with the DIA. Don't be surprised if you encounter a room full of interviews occurring simultaneously - be articulate, loud and clear.

I was interviewed by an extremely sharp gentleman. I was given a brief overview of the position and was allowed to ask any questions I had before we got to business. I was told we had 30 minutes to go through the Q&A period of the interview and to be precise with my answers. I got the feeling that it was all business from then on. The gentleman questioned me on a few specific criteria of the job including my personal feelings of current scenarios occurring within the area of operations for the position. If you are interviewing for a specific position, it is in your best interest to come prepared and not have to resort to fluff with your responses. After having answered the handfull of questions pertaining to the position I was asked a few personal questions regarding my background (mainly probing questions to identify any obstacles with obtaining a security clearance) and was asked to wait down the hall while the interviewing completed my write-up.

From there you are called in to receive the results of the interview - including critiques from the interviewer and any offers (if applicable). I was not informed of my selection until nearly 6 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible, I have yet to reach that stage in employment.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for US Defense Intelligence Agency? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Defense Intelligence Agency Intelligence Officer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by US Defense Intelligence Agency employees and interview candidates.