US Defense Logistics Agency Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.7

Quality Assurance Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at US Defense Logistics Agency (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Did not have an interview. Program requires a minimum of 640hrs for training and to become eligible for permanent appointment into the PaCE Program. This probation period can be viewed as the interview; however, resumes can be reviewed by senior personnel and a decision for an interview made then. While most of the education requirements favor math and life science degrees, any applicant showing a strong technical and process analysis background can also be considered.

Contracting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Defense Logistics Agency (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone interview to ask if I was still interested. Followed up by a meeting in person at the base where I was going to be employed. Interview was not hard, just basic questions. If you answer them truthfully and word your answers well you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Defense Logistics Agency.

Interview

Over the phone with a panel of individuals. The questions were behavioral and situation. Three behavioral questions in regards to my resume points that matched the qualifications. Must answer in the STAR method. If you take every single qualification within the job criteria and write out a STAR than you will do great!!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for in an organization?   1 Answer
    • What's important in life?   1 Answer
    • What's not important to you?   1 Answer

Polic Officer Interview

Application

Interview

They use Behavior Based interviewing. I recommend researching how those types of interviews work before your interview. They do multiple interviews in one day so they don't seem interested in anything you have to say, just trying to get it over with. Again, I strongly suggest looking up behavior based interviewing techniques before you have the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had an issue with a supervisor or manager? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl Harbor, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Defense Logistics Agency (Pearl Harbor, HI).

Interview

Behavior base interview (BBI). Questions were not related to position being offered. Questions were situational in order to get to know interviewee's reaction to different scenarios pertaining to job being offered

Interview Questions

• Situational type of questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option.

General Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Defense Logistics Agency (Fort Belvoir, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was a BBI (Behavior Based Interview) with engineering related questions. Following the interview, there was a vetting process (Optional Form 306) with a tentative offer for the final selectee(s). DLA's vetting process is basically a "brief" background investigation, which took no more than 2 weeks for me. After the vetting process, I received a phone call informing of a firm job offer.

Interview Questions

• After answering all the BBI questions with a STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Review), I was asked to solve several engineering questions with difficulties ranging from high school math/physics to college level engineering courses. I had about a week to prepare myself for an interview, but it's really either you know or you don't.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Defense Logistics Agency (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It was the standard Behavior Based Interview with a panel of 6 people and I was asked five situationational questions and I was expected to use the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result). The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes, although they give you 30 minutes to answer the questions, I do not believe it will take that long to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to adapt to a situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had an issue and had to prioritize and/or set goals? How did you accomplish this? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to quickly analyze a situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no room to negotiate with the federal gov't unless it is a position that is hard to fill, which this position is not.

Student Trainee (Laborer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Defense Logistics Agency (Scotia, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Other than submitting information, filling out and electronically signing government forms on USAJobs and the DLA's onboarding manager, the hiring process was completely out of my hands. Once I submitted my resume and unofficial transcript the process was out of my control until the HR contact called me and asked me to fill out more paperwork, and then offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• I was proactive about calling the depot manager and introducing myself, so nothing caught me off guard. He mentioned that had I not called ahead, policy states that they would have had to call all or most of the other applicants. Though since I did call, that step was avoided.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Summer aid/intern position, no negotiation.

Contracting Specialist- Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Defense Logistics Agency.

Interview

Applied for 3 DLA intern Positions (HR, Finance and Contracting) in November. Contacted for interview for contracting position in April. Went to interview and next day offered position for Finance even though I didn't interview for it. I accepted. Had an EOD date after 2 weeks of tentative offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type questions. Describe an instance that demonstrates your negotiation abilities. Describe an instance that demonstrates how you multitask. Describe an instance that demonstrates your attention to detail   Answer Question

General Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Defense Logistics Agency (Fort Belvoir, VA).

Interview

They use this stupid process EBB or something. It's totally lame. If you get the job it's because you can lie in an interview. They never ask about your experience! It's like "You had a problem once. How did you solve it?" It's ridiculous. Anybody can make up an answer. And their HR! OMG. What total nonprofessionals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a tough situation and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An email from a non-person.