US Department of Defense Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Department of Defense in December 2010.

I received an email to set up the date of the interview from a series of possible days. The interview was arranged for a month later. I was interviewed in a hotel room by three managers at the organization. I had prepared for behavioral questions typically asked of recent graduates, such as "how do you work as a member of a team" and "what is your greatest weakness." The questions, delivered by a stoney-faced higher-up who never smiled, were about international relations and current events. I would recommend for people who interview to prep by staying abreast of the news and foreign policy, and to focus on up to three issues that you'll be able to speak about in-depth. If you can speak intelligently on foreign affairs, or at least demonstrate logic in your thought, you should be fine. Don't be worried that there are three people sitting around you, or that some of them look unhappy and unimpressed. That's just the nature of the people you'll be dealing with!

Interview Questions
  • Pretend I'm the President and I am relying on you for information regarding any issue of your choice. Brief me.   Answer Question
There was no room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Defense

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2008.

It was a group interview with three interviewers. Had the benefit of a referral from someone on the team. Asked me about my experience. Asked me specific questions related to the subject matter of the team to test how well I would be able to contribute, how quickly and what I was interested in learning about. Importance on what I wanted to work on when I was on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you think are the trends regarding xyz and where you think this situation is heading.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. There is a grade system.