US Department of Defense

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at US Department of Defense in November 2009.

Interview Details – Simple, but a plethora of paperwork

Interview Question – Interview questions and experience vary per organization   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations for this position were not available

Budget Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at US Department of Defense in December 2011.

Interview Details – All applicants are required to apply on USAJOBs. When the applicant name is referred to hiring official, the applicant is notified. Once the hiring official receives the names, they grade resumes and select the top 10%
for an interview. The hiring official makes a selection and the personnel office notifies selectee by email with a tentative offer. Selectee accepts the offer and personnel further communicates with them about documentation to complete the process.

Interview Question – How much do you know about our mission?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If applicant is new to the government, more than likely, they will start at the beginning of the pay band. I am told that people can negotiate but I have not experience that as of yet

Budget Analyst

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at US Department of Defense in October 2008.

Interview Details – Department of Defense was not a very difficult interview. I have had much more difficult. The basic questions were how do you work with a team? How do you resolve problems etc. The longest part is the background check which took 4 weeks! Typical Government job. Very slow paced at times, but during month end closes it got pretty hectic. The craziness is directly related to the large and cumbersome systems that they have in place. The government is a slow moving organization and it takes an extremely long time for them to get new systems. And by the time its implemented it is already outdated lol!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotation it was way above what I was currently making

Worked for US Department of Defense? Contribute to the Community!