US Department of Defense

Very Easy Interview

Systems Safety Engineer Interview

Systems Safety Engineer
Picatinny Arsenal, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long and drawn out, as expected when dealing with a multi-tiered, enormous organization like the DoD, particularly since a security clearance is required. That said, the interview was exceedingly easy, and more of a sales pitch than a test of character/knowledge.

Negotiation Details – Initial salary was non-negotiable.

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online through USA Jobs. It requires an in depth online profile and a hour or so of job specific questions, but it's worth the time to get the right details. I then had a phone interview followed by an person panel interview. It took a while to get to the in person interview, but once that happened it was only a few days before the job offer.

Interview Question – how do you deal with stress in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Medical Officer Interview

Medical Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at US Department of Defense in July 2010.

Interview Details – it went well. i was interviewed by multiple authorities on same day. everyone asked different set of questions. As I had strong background in my speciality. I did not encounter issues with it.

Interview Question – there were some difficult technical questions not pertaining to the current job opening   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – employer was limited in terms of negotiation.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long. It took about 4 months to get an email. Followed up with a phone. Went in for a panel interview. Why do you want to be a federal employee? What are your strengths and weakness? Do you prefer to work on a team or individually.

Interview Question – Questions were very easy, more so about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview Details – USA Jobs is a well defined process. The rules are well vetted and transparent. There is nothing more to be added. Pom publishes the process which has undergone legal review.

Interview Question – There were none that could not be answered. The interview process was well defined.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2010.

Interview Details – Job was a hard to fill position due to the frequent travel. The interview was centered on availability to travel and work with autonomy. The only problem in the hiring process was the security clearance. It took 6 months to conduct, so I accepted the position and 6 months later was able to start the job. This problem has since been resolved.

Interview Question – If there was a job disagreement between yourself and your supervisor, who would ultimately win the argument?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since this is a government position, there was very little negotiation.

Law Enforcement Interview

Law Enforcement

Interviewed at US Department of Defense

Interview Details – Applied for position and was expected to meet high standards and mental aptitude prior to be considered for a position. Once eligible for a position more test were needed to confirm eligibility within a field of interest. A physical test and a barrage of skills tests were also needed to determine a good fit.

Interview Question – What is my strength.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A stated contract

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Fort Lee, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Department of Defense in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was with a small panel. Standard interview questions. Process can take a very long time so if you apply hang in there. You may get a call back 2-3 months later.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation on salary.

Manager Interview

Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview Details – Follow directions from USA Jobs. Sometimes it is hard to tell if an internal candidate has the inside track for the job offering. The hardest part is getting your resume through Personnel...really key in on the job description and get those key words in your education, training, and experience.

Interview Question – It is really hard to tell. Generally will be interviewed by a panel with a set of questions addressed to all being interviewed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate, the pay scale is set. You may be able to get a little more if you can prove that your current salary is above their offer.

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview Details – Telephone, then one in-person interview. Plus background screening

Interview Question – Why would you want to work here when you could make much more money elsewhere?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lots of untruths. The people who offer you a salary can come back later and say "it didn't get approved". Don't start until you have it in writing. I had it in writing, but they still shaved 4 grand off my signing bonus once I started working.

Worked for US Department of Defense? Contribute to the Community!