US Department of Defense Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

I applied for the job in April. It took about a month before I was referred to the hiring agency. One week later I was selected for the job. I did not have an interview.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions prior to being hired. The day I started working the manager just spoke to me briefly and explained the job duties.   Answer Question

Medical Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

You apply online. It takes weeks to see if your name made the "list" for the opportunity for the job. If you are selected for an interview off of the "list" (you may not be, just because you made the list, doesn't mean you'll get an interview) you are called and an interview is set up. It may take awhile to be notified if you were selected. If you were not, evenutally it pops up on your account. (eventually can be weeks) If you are offered the job, it takes up to 3-4 months to actually start after all the necessary background checks and whatnot. You are not given a set start date either until shortly before you start. It's quite the waiting game.

Negotiation

People say you can negotiate, but negotaitions will take awhile. It depends on the job and who you are if you'll manage to negotiate for anything other than what they want to give you.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

Interview was to show your logical reasoning abilities and values, not about skills. The interview requires you to hold (or abandon) an position, and frequently regresses to an investigation of the principles that underlie your position. Once the principles are articulated, the interviewer frequently uses them in other examples to their logical extreme in order to force an examination your principles and therefore your position. There were also group discussion in which interviewers pitted interviewees against each other in a similar fashion to gauge their abilities to argue, cooperate, etc.

Interview Questions

• Should selling your organs be legal?   1 Answer

CYPA IV Interview

Interview

All over the board. Depending on time of year, you could interview in front of 6 people or go through a phone interview. After hiring, it can be 2 months to 5 months before you're put to work since you have to wait to get cleared

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non existant

Interview

There was no Hiring Process, they make sure your fit to serve with tests and physical evaluations and if your good they send you to bootcamp, which is 9 weeks then you go to your unit and they do what they want to you till your out or reenlist.

Negotiation

No negotiations, monthly salary what they say is what you get.

Senior Advisor Interview

Interview

This is a contract process. You are usually locked in contract that will have to be redo every four years. It isn't a contract that you will be able to negotiate. The rules and regulations are set before you every join. You will be able to plan you future and able to forecast what you will make as the years go by. You will even be able to forecast when you will get promoted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No it wasn't a negotiation phase.

Branch Chief Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

You must use the USAJOBS.GOV application process. Top 10 resumes passed to hiring official. To help decide whether to interview you or not. Some hiring officials will call your old supervisor some will not. All of them will do a Face book query on you.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your networking experience emphasis on technical aspects. Router / switch configuration. How much windows server, Unix or Linux experience do you have? Have you ever run Information Management operations help desk?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Depends on the unit that you are entering. Some will negotiate pay step some will not.

Logistics Manager Interview

Interview

Took a long time to get the interview. Once I got it, was a panel with very specific closed ended questions. There really was no small talk. The people are really regulated as to what they can do throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at US Department of Defense (Des Moines, IA) in August 2014.

Interview

There was an application and CV process, then a call back. Followed by an interview that was a board style. The board had three people on it and they quizzed me on my knowledge of the career field. Then asked me about my personal life and desires from the job. Also what I thought I would bring to the job and why I was the candidate to hire.

Interview Questions

• What were my strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

Once the basic qualifications have been met, you will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of this position. The evaluation will be based on information you provide in your on-line resume, your answers to the knowledge, skills, and abilities questions for this announcement, and a review of the application material requested as part of this announcement.