US Department of Defense Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.5

Logistician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary that you would have any where else. Just be you and you should have no problems unless you have a disability that really can not be overlooked.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was long. It took about 4 months to get an email. Followed up with a phone. Went in for a panel interview. Why do you want to be a federal employee? What are your strengths and weakness? Do you prefer to work on a team or individually.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very easy, more so about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Staff Officer Interview

Interview

The hiring process took nearly a year, during which time there was almost no communication from the administrative officers handling the interviewing and on-boarding. The hiring process consistent of a single interview that was entirely composed of behavioral questions. There was a heavy emphasis on why I wanted to join the Department of Defense.

PHNSY Marine Machinary Mechanic Apprentices Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Defense (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard hires about 100+ Blue Collar trade apprentices a year. About 1000 persons take the test every year, but only 20% pass. It's a 90% Math100 and English100 test. They also use key words is your resume to select where to place you. Then you do a interview with three supervisors.
    I

Interview Questions

• The shipyard is looking for long term workers, that works well in a teams and get along with everyone. It you have mechanical skills, talk about it because the interview will not ask you that questions. Because all the questions that every apprentice in a trade is asked is the same and you are not expected to know anything about your new trade. Pearl Harbor hires High School Graduates and Collage Students starting at $19.00+   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Defense (Fort Monmouth, NJ).

Interview

Hiring process took about 3 months from start to finish. It was a panel interview of 4 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was entry level and a career ladder 7/9/1/11.

Deployed Forces Support Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Defense (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty standard. Submit resume/applications to local HR offices. This is a wonderful place to work for room to grow if you really put your best foot forward. The internal hiring process is much simpler, and most positions will require an entry level position experience within the DOD for a couple of years or valuable experience directly to the program to contribute immediately. It can be tedious, but in reality it is worth it once you get your foot in the door. The interviews are panel review style, extremely professional, but also very sincere.

Interview Questions

• There are no "difficult" questions, merely questions that will allow them to grasp your knowledge of the concepts of their programs and missions and beliefs. The questions are aimed to discover what you actually know, and what you are making up as you go. If you know nothing of event programming, but are applying for an event programming career, their questions will bring that to light very quickly. Its a great place to work, they just value experience like everyone else. The entire thing can be very tedious and trying but patience is a virtue and great things come to those who wait.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

Phone interview, offer call, acceptance paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Where do you plan to be in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If the offer is acceptable to me, I take it as offered.

Aerospace Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

Getting hired long and difficult. Will hire entry level position only, there is no room for advancement, nepotism is rampant throughout the entire system! The hiring official has no accountability on whom they hire.

Resort Staff At Edelweiss Lodge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

I interviewed at a hotel in Atlanta. The interviewer asked typical interview questions. Must show willingness to move abroad for the contract term, perform whatever kind of job they need to fill at the time, and prepare to follow a dress code.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. He asked a lot of questions about my willingness to fill a menial job if necessary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Contract.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

As an intern, my entire interview was a behavioral one. No position-related questions.