US Department of Defense Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

1.0

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Defense.

The interview for this job was very easy. I was hired during a staffing surge in which dozens, if not hundreds, of engineers were being brought on. I got the sense that the resume was what was important, because the interview was more them selling the job to me than vice versa.

Interview Questions
I was able to negotiate my start date and not much else. Pay scale and schedule is previously defined for each appointment.

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Defense

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at US Department of Defense in May 2011.

After initially qualifying for an interview, I was called for a phone interview. I spoke with an engineering manager and an HR rep. Questions asked included behavioraland technical questions, so be sure to reveiw 'Star' interveiwing techniques. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions about past projects and work -on and be sure to include your relationships abnd conflict handling along with the technical stuff.
    I was told it would take 2-3a weeks to hear, but I was called 20 minutes later and offered the job. Guess the interveiw went well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a technical project you have worked on.   View Answer
    No negociation.