US Department of Defense Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.4

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

Interview was to show your logical reasoning abilities and values, not about skills. The interview requires you to hold (or abandon) an position, and frequently regresses to an investigation of the principles that underlie your position. Once the principles are articulated, the interviewer frequently uses them in other examples to their logical extreme in order to force an examination your principles and therefore your position. There were also group discussion in which interviewers pitted interviewees against each other in a similar fashion to gauge their abilities to argue, cooperate, etc.

Interview Questions

• Should selling your organs be legal?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Defense

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Defense.

Interview

USA Jobs is a well defined process. The rules are well vetted and transparent. There is nothing more to be added. Pom publishes the process which has undergone legal review.

Interview Questions

• There were none that could not be answered. The interview process was well defined.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

interviewed at US Department of Defense (Fayetteville, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Step1: Resume submittal; Step 2: Academic & pyschological test; Step 3: Panel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Thorough multi-day background investigation with polygraph, financials, certification of birth, certification of citizenship, family, residences, previous supervisors, medical status. Several hour written pyshological evaluation and interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing if you are honest and have nothing to hide.   1 Answer

It was obvious the environment was toxic, unhealthy and the people hide behind uneasy smiles

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

I had three interviews before getting my job and they ranged from very easy to very difficult. The first two were to get in the door and the final one was placement

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the current events surrounding the Department?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Department of Defense (Washington, DC) in May 2009.

Interview

There was a group of 12 candidates for two positions. We were all kept waiting together in a small-ish room. Groups of four at a time were brought in and we were all asked the same questions. Then we were grouped with different people and asked some of the same questions and some new ones. Finally, we were brought in with a new group of four and each of us asked different questions except for the last one which was, "Why are you better than the other people interviewing?"

Interview Questions

• "Why are you better than the other people interviewing?"   1 Answer
    • Why do you think your experience is beneficial to our organization?   Answer Question

Spending time in the Washington DC area validated why I left to begin with -- traffic was horrendous and I don't want to spend hours on the road every day on top of my time at work. The process itself reflected a competitive, cut-throat climate at that agency.