US Department of Defense Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2014

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Department of Defense.

USA Jobs is a well defined process. The rules are well vetted and transparent. There is nothing more to be added. Pom publishes the process which has undergone legal review.

Interview Questions
  • There were none that could not be answered. The interview process was well defined.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Defense

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2012.

Thorough multi-day background investigation with polygraph, financials, certification of birth, certification of citizenship, family, residences, previous supervisors, medical status. Several hour written pyshological evaluation and interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing if you are honest and have nothing to hide.   View Answer

It was obvious the environment was toxic, unhealthy and the people hide behind uneasy smiles

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2012.

Step1: Resume submittal; Step 2: Academic & pyschological test; Step 3: Panel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at US Department of Defense in May 2009.

There was a group of 12 candidates for two positions. We were all kept waiting together in a small-ish room. Groups of four at a time were brought in and we were all asked the same questions. Then we were grouped with different people and asked some of the same questions and some new ones. Finally, we were brought in with a new group of four and each of us asked different questions except for the last one which was, "Why are you better than the other people interviewing?"

Interview Questions
    • "Why are you better than the other people interviewing?"   View Answer
    • Why do you think your experience is beneficial to our organization?   Answer Question

Spending time in the Washington DC area validated why I left to begin with -- traffic was horrendous and I don't want to spend hours on the road every day on top of my time at work. The process itself reflected a competitive, cut-throat climate at that agency.

Worked for US Department of Defense? Contribute to the Community!