US Department of Defense

www.defenselink.mil

US Department of Defense Senior Human Resources Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Detroit, MI

I interviewed at US Department of Defense in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was a panel interview. Very easy and easy questions to answer.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to go above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Camp Murray, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was fairly painless, I was very well prepared to go in front of the personnel conducting the interview. I had done research on the job prior to the interview, which gave me a "hand up" on others I was competing against.

Interview Question – You have been a Medic your entire career, why would you be a good Person for this job? What can your work as a Medic bring to the table?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is very little "negotiation" involved in the DoD hiring process. I was offered the position at the advertised pay rate and accepted.

Senior Human Resources Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Department of Defense in November 2007.

Interview Details – Questions sent 15 minutes in advance of the telephone interview; structured interview format but not behaviorally based; knowledge of the agency was obviously very important but could be excluding a number of very highly qualified candidates with the potential to bring new skills and perspective to the table; panel members not trained in interview process - quite evident as it progressed.

Interview Question – tell us a little about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for US Department of Defense? Contribute to the Community!