US Department of Defense

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

interviewed at US Department of Defense in November 2012.

The interview process was a panel interview. Very easy and easy questions to answer.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time where you had to go above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Defense

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Murray, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Murray, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2008.

It was fairly painless, I was very well prepared to go in front of the personnel conducting the interview. I had done research on the job prior to the interview, which gave me a "hand up" on others I was competing against.

Interview Questions
    • You have been a Medic your entire career, why would you be a good Person for this job? What can your work as a Medic bring to the table?   View Answer
    There is very little "negotiation" involved in the DoD hiring process. I was offered the position at the advertised pay rate and accepted.

Senior Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Department of Defense in November 2007.

Questions sent 15 minutes in advance of the telephone interview; structured interview format but not behaviorally based; knowledge of the agency was obviously very important but could be excluding a number of very highly qualified candidates with the potential to bring new skills and perspective to the table; panel members not trained in interview process - quite evident as it progressed.