US Department of Defense

Very Easy Interview

Unit Administrator Interview

Unit Administrator
Belleville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Department of Defense in September 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online at USAjobs. Process for a call can be lengthy. If you are in a good professional relationship with the unit commander, you can slide in front of other candidates. A call will be recieved from CPAC which is an informal interview. After the initial CPAC call they will call back with a qualifying offer. The position has 2 grades, GS 5 OR 7. If your resume does not grade out they will offer you the 5 for 12 months. This is negotiable however. Don't let them strong arm you into taking less money for a year. The position does not require any secondary education.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Standard fare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty much taken care of on the position offer call.

Very Easy Interview

Unit Administrator Interview

Unit Administrator

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online through USA Jobs. I received notice online that my resume had been reffered to the selecting official. I received a phone call from the selecting official asking for a time to set up a phone interview. I was then called at the scheduled time and interviewed by 3 people over the phone. I was informed that they would be interviewing an additional 2 candidates and would let me know if I was offered the job after those interviews. I received a call 2 days later offering me the position.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and what steps did you take to resolve it?   Answer Question

Worked for US Department of Defense? Contribute to the Community!