US Department of Defense

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Unit Administrator Interview

Belleville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Department of Defense in September 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online at USAjobs. Process for a call can be lengthy. If you are in a good professional relationship with the unit commander, you can slide in front of other candidates. A call will be recieved from CPAC which is an informal interview. After the initial CPAC call they will call back with a qualifying offer. The position has 2 grades, GS 5 OR 7. If your resume does not grade out they will offer you the 5 for 12 months. This is negotiable however. Don't let them strong arm you into taking less money for a year. The position does not require any secondary education.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Standard fare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty much taken care of on the position offer call.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Unit Administrator Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Department of Defense in January 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online through USA Jobs. I received notice online that my resume had been reffered to the selecting official. I received a phone call from the selecting official asking for a time to set up a phone interview. I was then called at the scheduled time and interviewed by 3 people over the phone. I was informed that they would be interviewing an additional 2 candidates and would let me know if I was offered the job after those interviews. I received a call 2 days later offering me the position.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and what steps did you take to resolve it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at US Department of Defense

Worked for US Department of Defense? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Department of Defense Unit Administrator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by US Department of Defense employees and interview candidates.