US Department of Health and Human Services
www.hhs.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

US Department of Health and Human Services Auditor Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in August 2010.

Interview Details – The application was lengthy. I received a follow-up call for an interview a month later. I went in for the interview in professional dress. They gave me an option to do my interview at either office location (a real plus in my book). The questions in the interview were pretty standard. What is your biggest weakness? What is your biggest strength? Tell me about yourself. Etc.

Interview Question – The only question that seemed not "textbook" was how would you react to having your audit report come back with a bunch of edit marks and suggestions? I believe my answer to this question landed me the offer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. It's a government job. Everyone is treated the same.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview lasted for about an hour. There were 3 people interviewing me. Some of the questions were:

Why Dept of HHS?
What is your biggest accomplishment?
Tell me about yourself?
Do you have any experience with SQL, databases?

Thats really all I can remember. Athough they emailed me back and said that they liked me , there for looking for IT Auditors. I said that wasnt my speciality in the interview so thats why they didnt pick me. I was just being honest. Most classes I took pretained to FInancial Statement Auditing.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for US Department of Health and Human Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Department of Health and Human Services Auditor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by US Department of Health and Human Services employees and interview candidates.