US Department of Health and Human Services

Updated Jul 29, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in August 2010.

The application was lengthy. I received a follow-up call for an interview a month later. I went in for the interview in professional dress. They gave me an option to do my interview at either office location (a real plus in my book). The questions in the interview were pretty standard. What is your biggest weakness? What is your biggest strength? Tell me about yourself. Etc.

Interview Questions
  • The only question that seemed not "textbook" was how would you react to having your audit report come back with a bunch of edit marks and suggestions? I believe my answer to this question landed me the offer.   View Answer
There is no negotiation. It's a government job. Everyone is treated the same.

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Health and Human Services

Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in April 2010.

Submitted application. Several months later received a phone call asking if I was still interested. Phone call acted as a initial interview based upon the flow of the conversation and topics presented. At the end of the conversation asked to attend a in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a panel of 3. Much of the interview was like presenting your bio. Personality was is a major factor. The following week received a phone call from HR asking if I would accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions were scenario based. Also consisted of your typical strengths, weaknesses, and describe a incident and what would you do different.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in February 2010.

The interview lasted for about an hour. There were 3 people interviewing me. Some of the questions were:

Why Dept of HHS?
    What is your biggest accomplishment?
    Tell me about yourself?
    Do you have any experience with SQL, databases?

Thats really all I can remember. Athough they emailed me back and said that they liked me , there for looking for IT Auditors. I said that wasnt my speciality in the interview so thats why they didnt pick me. I was just being honest. Most classes I took pretained to FInancial Statement Auditing.