US Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions

2.7

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansted, VI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansted, VI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in May 2010.

I truely did not feel ready for this interview, i was very much not prepard

Interview Questions
    • How would you say you rate your skills at multi-tasking, or being pulled from one thing to another, on a regular basis?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in June 2009.

Online application, followed by a panel interview.

Deputy Director of Operations Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services.

I was recruited by the Secretary. First interview was with the White House Liaison, then I interviewed with one of the Secretary's Senior Advisors. After that I interviewed with two Assistant Secretaries and the Director of another office with an opening. The final interview was with the White House Liaison to determine which office would be the best fit.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question related to internal policy issues with which I was not acquainted.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was about which GS level I would start at. It was fair, and quick.

Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in April 2010.

Submitted application. Several months later received a phone call asking if I was still interested. Phone call acted as a initial interview based upon the flow of the conversation and topics presented. At the end of the conversation asked to attend a in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a panel of 3. Much of the interview was like presenting your bio. Personality was is a major factor. The following week received a phone call from HR asking if I would accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions were scenario based. Also consisted of your typical strengths, weaknesses, and describe a incident and what would you do different.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in April 2014.

Had to apply online through the State website. Had to take an exam to qualify which I was contacted to take about two weeks after submitting my application. Two weeks later after passing the exam and becoming eligible I was contacted for an interview. Interview was fairly easy. Asked a series of 5 questions. Two of the questions were behavioral questions. For example, "If you and another employee weren't getting along, how would you resolve the issue?"

Interview Questions
    • How does your experience relate to this position?   View Answer

Branch Chief Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in August 2009.

Standard government hiring process

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to manage all IT Security programs   View Answer
    • Why you plan to change your job   View Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in March 2011.

I applied online, received a call about 3 weeks later to schedule an interview. The interview was a panel interview consisting of 3 supervisors. They took turns asking questions, very strange questions, such as your biggest weakness. Also, they tended to ask different questions that all had the same answer.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in April 2009.

As with most government jobs the process was long and protracted. I checked last week and still no decision has been reach. I applied on line and then I waited to be called for an interview. The interview consisted of a panel which included the Director of the division and 5 of his direct reports. One of which was the hiring manager. They asked a series of questions regarding my work experience. They were also willing to share some of the challenges that the agency faces and how the new employee would fit into the mix. There was a great deal of interest as to why I was ready to leave Capitol Hill to work on low profile projects. There were also a lot of questions about what it is like to work on the hill. It is not uncommon but it does get annoying. Some people will grant hill staffers an interview just to ask questions. There was some of that in this interview. Again...I am still waiting to hear if I got the job or not. It is going on 6 weeks now.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you wanting to make a lateral move? Why aren't you seeking positions that have promotion potential?   View Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in August 2009.

Very nice people. Interviewed a lot of people. The office environment was very professional and the tasks seemed very interesting. The job consisted of a lot of research and writing and working with colleagues. The office is in a nice location.

Realty Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Health and Human Services in May 2007.

Initial communication were by email. Contact was prompt in responding to questions. Interview was by panel of 3. Interviewers represented 3 different levels of management. Questions were reasonable and pertained to my qualifications that were related to the position I was applying. Was asked where I wanted to be in 5 years. Why I wanted to work for HHS.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate salary. I was able to negotiate start date.