US Department of Homeland Security Accountant Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Department of Homeland Security in May 2010.

I interviewed for a position in the DHS HQ CFO's office for an accountant position. The CFO office had many vacancies was hiring for many different divisions. I interviewed with a panel of 3 managers and one of the managers was completely hostile. He told me in not so many words that I was more qualified to mop the hallways than be an accountant in his office. The other two managers tried to unsuccessfully defuse the situation. The whole panel seem unorganized and did not seem fit to interview potential candidates much less manage anyone's office. They kept asking me what grade I had applied for and then didn't know which KSA's were on the vacancy annoucement.

Interview Questions
  • So CBP allows employees to take off and go on interviews?   Answer Question

The entire ordeal was unprofessional and it was a reflection of the agency. No wonder DHS has the problems they have; look at who they allow to interview potential candidates.