US Department of Homeland Security

www.dhs.gov

US Department of Homeland Security Contract Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by e-mail about a week after the application closed to let me know I had met the minimum qualifications. I was then contacted by an HR Rep a couple of days later to set up an interview. There was one group interview and I was notified that I could expect a wait of about 2 months before a tentative job offer could be made. I never heard back and a status request via a voicemail was never returned.

Interview Question – Tell me about a product set or service that you had to negotiate the terms of sale.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security in December 2009.

Interview Details – Apply online through USAJOBS. They will call you for interview or send email. It will take about one hour. Interviewers were nice and tried to make you feel at ease. Questions asked:
For contracting they will will ask you for the years of experience and the type of contracts you've worked.
What would think your present supervisor would say is your good qualities and what are your deficiencies.
How much simplified acquisition experience do you have? Other contract types you have worked on.
Have you ever obtained a warrant and what type of warrant.

Interview Questions

• What are the characteristics of a good contracting officer?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if your contracting officer representative did not perform their job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for US Department of Homeland Security? Contribute to the Community!