US Department of Homeland Security
US Department of Homeland Security Contract Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Transportation Security Officer (3)
- Program Analyst (2)
- IT Specialist (2)
- Director (2)
- Contract Specialist (2)
- Supervisroy Management & Program Analyst (2)
- Management Program Analyst (1)
- Director Counterintelligence (1)
- Intelligence Operations Specialist (1)
- Supervisory Program Manager (1)
- Intelligence Research Specialist (1)
- Case Immigration Specialist (1)
- Law Enforcement Specialist - Instructor (1)
- Attorney-Advisor (1)
- Auditor (1)
- Special Agent (1)
- Human Resources Specialist (1)
- Import Specialist (1)
- Technical Specialist (1)
- Accountant (1)
- Senior Advisor (1)
- Senior Contract Specialist (1)
- Public Affairs Manager (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- CBPO (1)
Contract Specialist Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security in May 2009.
Interview Details – I was contacted by e-mail about a week after the application closed to let me know I had met the minimum qualifications. I was then contacted by an HR Rep a couple of days later to set up an interview. There was one group interview and I was notified that I could expect a wait of about 2 months before a tentative job offer could be made. I never heard back and a status request via a voicemail was never returned.
Interview Question – Tell me about a product set or service that you had to negotiate the terms of sale. Answer Question
Contract Specialist Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Department of Homeland Security in December 2009.
Interview Details – Apply online through USAJOBS. They will call you for interview or send email. It will take about one hour. Interviewers were nice and tried to make you feel at ease. Questions asked:
For contracting they will will ask you for the years of experience and the type of contracts you've worked.
What would think your present supervisor would say is your good qualities and what are your deficiencies.
How much simplified acquisition experience do you have? Other contract types you have worked on.
Have you ever obtained a warrant and what type of warrant.
- What are the characteristics of a good contracting officer? Answer Question
- What would you do if your contracting officer representative did not perform their job? Answer Question
Negotiation Details – None
Interviews for Top Jobs at US Department of Homeland Security