US Department of Labor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.9

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at US Department of Labor (Trenton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview ran very price and related to the accounting expectation. High ethics, respect all culture and race were beyond expectation. Knowing that you work for institute where education, high performance ,and dedication to job well mean a lot for me. I'm so delighted to work for talented group that want to help people achieve their goal in their life. I can simply sayTOGETHER WE CAN ACHIEVE MORE.

Interview Questions

• When can I expect a feedback referring to my performance?   Answer Question

Educator/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Department of Labor (Bridgeport, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Department of Labor HR department asked for a letter of interest. It is extremely important to express yourself intelligently here. This is your first impression. Try to blow them away. With my letter of interest, I was able to get my foot in the door for an interview. They didn't ask me to submit my resume. Instead they told me to bring it in with me during the interview. During the interview, I had to go through the basic questioning. They asked questions like, "How do you see yourself contributing to the team?" It was a lot of scenario base response questions. I enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a work place conflict with another employee?   Answer Question

I decided to stay with the employer I was with for a couple more years.

Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Labor.

Interview

Initial application process is lengthy and response times are very slow. Interviews in person if you are local, over the phone if remote. Questions vary by priorities of local management and may not reflect the actual job duties. Selection and notification process also very lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult - typical what are your weaknesses questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Labor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview held at my graduate school and I answered standard questions. They followed up with a site visit to meet with upper management and I received an offer, which I accepted.

Negotiation

There was no negotiating as a new hire into the government.

Safety and Health Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Department of Labor.

Interview

it was fine

Negotiation

no gs scale is not negotiable.

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Labor.

Interview

Phone interview. Mostly asked about my past administrative experience. It was quick and I was asked if I was able to handle some repetitive tasks.

Interview Questions

• How will I be able to handle repetitive and some menial tasks?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Labor (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. You're asked about your knowledge concerning ERISA, and skill sets that are beneficial to the job (including use and knowledge of Excel, and comprehensive reading skills).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Labor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was involved.

Whspecialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Department of Labor.

Interview

SF171 interview screening by OPM not actual agency

Interview Questions

• Assessing a fine even though you know the law is about to change and make action irrelevant?   Answer Question

Workers Compensation Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Labor (Cleveland, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is slow! I was contacted by HR that my resume was forwarded to the hiring managers in February of 2012, contacted for a phone interview, then went to an in-person interview. Then I had to wait another three months to begin the job after receiving a tentative offer.

Interview Questions

• "Please explain how you worked with a team to compensate for multiple coworkers being away from the work center. How did you accomplish their work and yours?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered GS-9. Take it or leave it.